EGM's new rating scale

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Wet_Sand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Wet_Sand
Member since 2007 • 1504 Posts
I just picked up the latest copy of EGM (Electronic Gaming Monthly), and I have to say that I am very dissapointed with the new grading scale. The 10-point scale is so much more accurate to me then the school-style grading system. Anyone else hate this new change?
strayzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 strayzilla
Member since 2004 • 560 Posts
Personally I like it, and I can see exactly why they did it.
Wet_Sand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Wet_Sand
Care to explain why?
strayzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 strayzilla
Member since 2004 • 560 Posts

On one of the last EGM podcasts they just went on and on about every fanboy constantly whining about "Why did this game score slightly higher than this version" BS/moneyhat/etc. It pretty much stops every annoying whiner who complains about a fraction of a point, and brings the review back to what it should be.... a review and not a precise score.

Wet_Sand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Wet_Sand

On one of the last EGM podcasts they just went on and on about every fanboy constantly whining about "Why did this game score slightly higher than this version" BS/moneyhat/etc. It pretty much stops every annoying whiner who complains about a fraction of a point, and brings the review back to what it should be.... a review and not a precise score.strayzilla

I see what you're saying, but I still don't think I'll get used to it. I have almost 100 issues of EGM, and they have never changed their scoring before...it's gonna be very hard to get used to.