Driveclub, Forza Horizon 2 and The Crew dev discuss future

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#1 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

great video of three developers talking about the future of racing. It's a long video, just putting that out there

l34052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 l34052
Member since 2005 • 3906 Posts

Intersting watch, i love racing games passionately and look forward to see what the new gen can bring to the table.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 The_Last_Ride

@l34052 said:

Intersting watch, i love racing games passionately and look forward to see what the new gen can bring to the table.

I am looking forward to what the Crew can offer me

Avatar image for jasonredemption
jasonredemption

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 17

#4 jasonredemption
Member since 2010 • 691 Posts
@The_Last_Ride said:

@l34052 said:

I agree.

I love racing games, so listening to these guys talk was really cool. I miss lots of racing games. I miss snowboarding. I miss offroading games. I enjoy such a variety of games that I support games that are different from the standard shooter genre game.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 The_Last_Ride

@jasonredemption said:
@The_Last_Ride said:

@l34052 said:

I agree.

I love racing games, so listening to these guys talk was really cool. I miss lots of racing games. I miss snowboarding. I miss offroading games. I enjoy such a variety of games that I support games that are different from the standard shooter genre game.

i really hope NFS Underground and SSX make a comeback. I really hope that GT7 will be a blast

hxce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 593

#6 hxce
Member since 2006 • 2099 Posts

Too bad Evolution Studios turned out to be a bunch of liars. Im never gonna buy any of their future products.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 The_Last_Ride

@hxce said:

Too bad Evolution Studios turned out to be a bunch of liars. Im never gonna buy any of their future products.

I liked the game to be honest

hxce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 hxce

@The_Last_Ride: Well thats good for you mate, but thats not my point obviously.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 The_Last_Ride

@hxce said:

@The_Last_Ride: Well thats good for you mate, but thats not my point obviously.

But how did they lie exactly?

hxce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By hxce

I can only speak for myself, but a good start is to look at E3 and the interviews with the developers about this game. But to make it short for you. Immersive gameplay? Social aspect? Quality? DriveClub is mediocre, and I'm not saying that because of the GS review, but it's pretty much accurate.

I believed in the developers, pre-ordered the game even when they told us there was gonna be a free version for PSN subscribers. And wheres the free version exactly? All a bunch of lies. As for almost every big AAA title for the next gen.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 The_Last_Ride

@hxce said:

I can only speak for myself, but a good start is to look at E3 and the interviews with the developers about this game. But to make it short for you. Immersive gameplay? Social aspect? Quality? DriveClub is mediocre, and I'm not saying that because of the GS review, but it's pretty much accurate.

I believed in the developers, pre-ordered the game even when they told us there was gonna be a free version for PSN subscribers. And wheres the free version exactly? All a bunch of lies. As for almost every big AAA title for the next gen.

It's not a bad game, i think it's good. They have had server problems. But that's not excuse for not releasing the PS+ version

jasonredemption

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By jasonredemption

@hxce said:

It's too bad they completely face-planted with Driveclub as I'd much prefered to have seen another Motorstorm as it was one of the games that made me decide to go Playstation last gen.

hxce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By hxce

@The_Last_Ride: I dont think your getting my point still. They promised at E3 a free version of DriveClub at Launch. We have heard nothing about that since launch, how's that for treating Sony customers? One of many things they talked about which turned out to be false.

@jasonredemption: Yeah pretty much, it was a HUGE let down really. Holding thumbs for Motorstorm, Ridge Racer and Grand Turismo in the future.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 The_Last_Ride

@hxce: They delayed it dude, i thought that was clear...?

hxce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 hxce

@The_Last_Ride: One of many flaws with this release.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 The_Last_Ride

@hxce said:

@The_Last_Ride: One of many flaws with this release.

Not really, the game itself was finished and works. The servers on the other hand are not. There was a reason behind the delay believe it or not

hxce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 hxce

This could go on forever. I'm out mate.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 The_Last_Ride

@hxce said:

This could go on forever. I'm out mate.

How so? You're not dealing with the facts here. Sure it sucks that the PS+ version isn't out. But calling Sony liars because a game had to be delayed is stupid tbh

jasonredemption

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 jasonredemption

I think to loyal sony fans it just smells like disaster. Launch titled delayed a year. Evolution studios has tons of turn over. Game finally launches. PS+ version is delayed and servers are constantly being worked on for weeks. I am not even that excited for the game since I love arcade racers. I have been waiting on the PS+ version of the game to try it out but I am begining to think I'll have to wait on buying a copy of the game when it hits the bargin bin because there's no way this thing is worth $60 from what I've read/seen/heard. I loved Evolution Studios, the Motorstorm games were amazing.