Doesn't it always seem like the lower of the Gamespot and IGN reviews is right.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

A7Xfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 0

#1 A7Xfan
Member since 2004 • 3962 Posts
It just always seems to me like you go with the lower of the two scores to get the most accurate assessment of a game.
noctilucus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 noctilucus
Member since 2006 • 191 Posts

I would say it depends why a game gets a lower score on either of the two sites. If it's a reason I agree on (e.g. do I find a certain drawback of the game as important as the reviewer?) then you're right.

However there are cases where a game will only get like 7 or 8 on both sites, and I'll still end up being totally addicted to it, or at least have fun while playing it for some time.

I guess it all boils down to how strict the reviewers are when rating a game?

Foolz3h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 Foolz3h
Member since 2006 • 23739 Posts

Considering the score is the least important part of the review I would have to disagree with you completely.

AlwaysSoft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 AlwaysSoft
Member since 2007 • 154 Posts
I'd say that seems very accurate. Although 9 times out of 10, GS has the lower score of the two.
starfox15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#5 starfox15
Member since 2006 • 3988 Posts
I've recently just started averaging the reviews of both sites. For example take a random game that receives something like 7.9 on GS and IGN gives it a 6.5. I would just take the avg of both of those scores and come to a common ground for both of them. Also, the two sites tend to look at games differently. GS seems more interested in the underlying mechanics of the game, while IGN tends to look more at if the overall game is a fun and interesting experience along with a small part devoted towards technicality. I usually look to GS for reviews, but IGN has reviews up faster. If I so choose, I'll just read both sides and make my own decision. Also, the end opinion is really more about how you perceive the game. Do you enjoy playing the game?
nopalversion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 nopalversion
Member since 2005 • 4757 Posts

Considering the score is the least important part of the review I would have to disagree with you completely.

Foolz3h
Indeed. And anyways, the differences are not that big.