Do you think TOR will get better or worse over time?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sefrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1 Sefrix
Member since 2011 • 1499 Posts

Okay the next patch looks amazing, I get that, but let's look at Bioware's recent track record. KOTOR was amazing, so was Dragon Age. Mass Effect 2 was a little dumbed down from the first, and Dragon Age 2 got mixed reviews. Now looking at ME3 obviously there's a lot of mix there as well. They are no longer making clear cut amazing games like they once did.

TOR has been in development for a while and doesn't seem to hav been affected by this, yet. What do you think the future of TOR is? Is it going to get better and better? Or get worse and worse? Either way, MTFBWY.

TOR

Krist501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 Krist501
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
I don't think ToR will get worse, at least not for me. I've liked most of Bioware''s stuff, even Dragon Age 2 and all the Mass Effect games. I have full trust in them.
paperwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 paperwolf
Member since 2007 • 198 Posts

I played TOR for over a month. Prior to that I was extremely hyped about that game. Now in hindsight I realize the game is too on-rails and is just a new interpretation of the WOW formula. It has potential to be a lot better later on, but it is still a rather stale game in general once you finish the somewhat decent story.

StaticPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 67

#4 StaticPenguin
Member since 2004 • 3433 Posts

I think it'll get better. I started playing at launch and had a whole lot of fun. Only problem is the huge lack of content, which I did expect. I just felt like I was playing a bare bones WoW. Once they get all their legacy stuff out and such I feel it'll get much more interesting.

flammable_zeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 flammable_zeus
Member since 2005 • 692 Posts

I hope it gets better. I haven't been playing it at all recently because of how bored I got with it. I really want to like it but it does seem to lack any real substance. The class-specific storylines seem alright, but that's too small of a part of the game for me.

Game-fu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Game-fu
Member since 2009 • 893 Posts

It'll get better. The question though is: will it be too little, too late?

Sefrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7 Sefrix
Member since 2011 • 1499 Posts

I think it'll get better. I started playing at launch and had a whole lot of fun. Only problem is the huge lack of content, which I did expect. I just felt like I was playing a bare bones WoW. Once they get all their legacy stuff out and such I feel it'll get much more interesting.

StaticPenguin

Yeah it seems they know this as most of what they are adding is content.

silentkillah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 silentkillah
Member since 2003 • 247 Posts
Funny how you say bare bones of WoW. When when at the start, didn't even have half the features SWTOR did at launch. Grated that was 7 years ago. I feel as though 1.2 is where the game should of been on release. It woulda kept the hardcores around for a few a while longer and not make so many people jump ship to servers like The Fatman. They have a great solid IP and a lot to work with. Bioware wouldn't, and shouldn't let this game die in anyway. Monthly content promised. I still love the game and PVP for me is fun as hell.
The-Techspert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#9 The-Techspert
Member since 2006 • 677 Posts

It can hardly get worse.

Coranthe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Coranthe
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
The previous poster is right. ToR is just... like WoW in Space. I keep looking for Orcs. But seriously the gameplay is fine the story is great, however once you hit 50 you're left with... nothing. The rest of the progression is gear then it turns into WoW endgame. The amount of dull has me logging in less and less. Not to mention the aggravating imbalances to be found between classes. *sighs* One of the reasons i'm looking at The Secret World so much is the concept of a classless system.