Do you think The Division will suck?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RumbleRuses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#1 RumbleRuses
Member since 2014 • 65 Posts

I'm really excited for this game, honestly looking like that and MGSV will make 2015 incredible. BUT, it was delayed because "the game development hasn't fully begun". With that timeframe, and only a year to go, how much can Ubisoft get done after the Watch_Dogs fiasco? I'm really hoping this game lives up to the hype.

Thoughts?

hxce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 593

User Lists: 0

#2 hxce
Member since 2006 • 2099 Posts

I hope not. I love post-apocalyptic games. With S.T.A.L.K.E.R. being the absolute best series within this genre. I really hope The Division can live up to the hype. But Ubisoft did semi-flop with Watchdogs. Division could flop as well.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Ofcourse its going to suck...

Doesn't mean its going to flop though... Shitty games are not exempt from success.

hxce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By hxce

@Lulu_Lulu: It's going to suck but will not flop? Woot?

Edit: I see what you did, never mind. Lmao. Yes indeed. But I wouldn't call it a success just because it reaches it's goal in sales.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Lulu_Lulu

@HXCE

Neither would I..... But everybody else will, including Ubisoft. Just gotta get with the Programme.

hxce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By hxce

**** this world mate.

Anyway, I'd really hope that the map will be as big as they've stated. I have hopes for the co-operate gameplay to be functional. No phased bullshit like they did with ESO. There should be a good reason why you would want to stick together with other players. Make scavenging for supply a challenge! I hope it has a lot of depth and replay value that actually matters. Not some random number generator loot grind that makes you braindead like Diablo or Destiny. Ubisoft don't **** this shit up.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Lulu_Lulu

@HXCE

I'm much more concerned about the PvP... If theres one thing all MMOs have in common its that PvP is a pain in the ass to balance when you have to juggle Character Progression too.

The developers also emphasized, whole heartedly, that Division is a full on RPG. So yeah you can pretty much expect all the annoying tropes like Grinding and Scavenging to follow suite. Its basicly inevitable mate, the best you can do is get in early and milk it for all its worth then get out before it turns to sh!t.

hxce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By hxce

@Lulu_Lulu: Yeah good point. Interesting how that will turn out. But I personally have no problem with the levelling itself in RPG's, even though getting ganked can sometimes be frustrating, it's a part of the progression were the bigger sharks should be fearful. It's just this RNG end-game mechanic that bothers me. It gives people an excuse to keep grinding for hundreds of hours just for that perfect roll on an item etc. I'd rather more see a perma-death system were you have to restart everything. Maybe like Day-Z, I'm not a super fan of Day-Z. But I think it could be cool if the leaderboards had stats for "Longest Survival in one session", even if that means that you're hiding behind a closet and rationing all your supply. Pretty much what you did in Infinite-Mode on the first Dead Rising. But yeah the PVP must be superb in this game. Be able to engage but most important FLEE from combat situations when you're outnumbered should be a big part of Divisions experience.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Lulu_Lulu

@HXCE

Well... Heres hoping for the best... Gotta admit though... Its very pretty and I love that GPS.

hxce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 hxce

Yeah man. Hoping for the best hehe.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#11 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

It's hard to say at this point, I think we'll get a better perspective of it when gaming journalists get more hands on time with it.

hxce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 hxce

@MarcRecon said: I think we'll get a better perspective of it when gaming journalists get more hands on time with it.

Yeah right :P

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#13 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

It looks like a good game so far. But I'm curbing all expectations until I get my hands on it.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

I don't think its going to be as good as the hype suggests, it's Ubisoft, the visuals are going to take a knock from what we've seen and I just don't see it working the way they intend it to, to many idiots who play these games for it to work flawlessly the way we've seen the game in action already

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

With the way the market is heading I bet this gets delayed and delayed until it gets released as a free-to-play with people buying in game content.

Surprised by these numb nuts supporting current game trends.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

Ubisoft tends to either be on fire with quality games or just awful. It's like they operate on a sine curve. Recently they have been trending down, but they have to be close to rock bottom at this point. Maybe this is the game that gets them headed in the right direction again. If I had to bet, I'd say it's going to be bad, though.

Doozie78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 Doozie78
Member since 2014 • 1123 Posts

Not a chance it will live up to expectations. Don't preorder it because preordering is a complete scam as we all should know by now. Just wait for the disappointment to wash over everyone else then pick it up for bottom-of-the-barrel prices a few months after! xD

Titanfall for $10 anyone?

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 Macutchi  Online
Member since 2007 • 10439 Posts

as it's ubisoft, odds are it will not be anywhere as good as the early demos suggest. watch dogs was the final nail in the pre-order-ubisoft-games-coffin for me so i'll wait and see the reception it gets and go from there

halffullcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By halffullcup
Member since 2014 • 90 Posts

It will go down like Watchdogs most likely.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

Well with Ubisofts track record with pc development I have zero hopes of it being decent. Will it function on a console okay? Ya I'm sure it will but I play on pc and Ubisoft is literally 1 step behind square enix in how horrible they are at making/porting pc games.

waffleboy22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#21 waffleboy22
Member since 2013 • 305 Posts

I don't think that enough of it has been shown to make a decision on it yet. By the time that we get close to release day i'm sure we will have more information, but at this point I don't really feel like it's made enough of an impression on me to make me want to buy it.

DuaIFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By DuaIFace
Member since 2009 • 581 Posts

There's some things that have become painfully obvious about this game in the last few months.

The core game will be fine. Story? Blah. The PvP? Ubisoft are a bunch of DUNCES. They've already flubbed it. Forget about PvP.