Do you have any faith left in the Sonic The Hedgehog series?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

siversonicboom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 siversonicboom
Member since 2006 • 571 Posts

God, I used to love that series. I'll never forgive Sega for screwing it up so bad. I loved every game (Shadow the Hedgehog wasn't that bad imo), but then Sonic the Hedgehog 360/PS3 came out. Thats when I knew the franchise was dead.

Yes, I have Sonic and the Secret rings. It Sucks too. I only bought it because I heard it was slightly better than STH 360, butnot by much.

Does anyone think that the Games might get good again, or is this a dead series?

fmobliv06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 1

#2 fmobliv06
Member since 2006 • 2429 Posts
honestly, i have no hope whatsoever for Sonic. the 360/ps3 game was absolute trash, and the last-gen multiplatform games like Shadow and that Sonic hoverboard racing game left a bad taste in the mouth. at this point i'd actually rather play Spyro (no offense Spyro fans :P)
knightseason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 knightseason
Member since 2006 • 1260 Posts

The 2D Sonic games are still good likeSonic on the DS,butthe 3D ones aren't so good. When Sonic Advencher came out on the Dreamcast it was good and so was the seconed, but since then the 3D ones have started to get worse and worse.

So I think Saga should stop making 3D Sonic games and concentrate on making the 2D Sonic games.

OneWingedAngeI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 OneWingedAngeI
Member since 2003 • 9448 Posts
only if they put out a non-handheld 2D sonic would my faith be restored.
gameboi_92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 gameboi_92
Member since 2007 • 4613 Posts
man, after playing sonic for the ps3...i lost all respect.
Avatar image for norfair_dweller
norfair_dweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 norfair_dweller
Member since 2007 • 1639 Posts

I have faith in the series, still. Sega needs to learn that the series wasn't meant for 3-D, though. Or at least not the way they're going about it.

SolidSnaku401

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SolidSnaku401
Member since 2007 • 139 Posts
I really want to but with the lastest releases and the announcement of garbage like Sonic Riders, its hard to do it.
zeus_gb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#8 zeus_gb
Member since 2004 • 7793 Posts

I began to lose my faith in Sonic when Sonic 3D came out on the Megadrive/Genesis, it was then completely destroyed by the 3D games that followed. My faith has come back a little bit with the GBA and DS 2D games but I don't think i'll ever love a new Sonic game more than Sonic 2.

There's no school like old school!

BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#9 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts
I think there is still some potential if it goes back to being a 2D game. I wouldn't mind seeing a new sonic as a VC or XBLA title. Then it might have the same fun gameplay as the originals did.
Trance88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Trance88
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
I believe there is still hope of the sonic series. Many of the gamecube sonic games were really good. I especially liked Sonc adventure battle 2.
BadSushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#11 BadSushi
Member since 2005 • 959 Posts
The 3D sonics are almost all garbage, look at Sonic 3D Blast, but most of the 2D ones were great. I have one last Sonic game to look forward too. Sonic RPG. Now don't get me wrong the last 2D side scroller to pull it off was Mario and the Seven Stars and it was amazing so hopefully this will be too.
Duddy316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 Duddy316
Member since 2007 • 254 Posts
Well I liked the first two 3D games just because going so fast in 3D would really get me pumped up. But now it's just been going from bad to worse. They could really kick off the series again....maybe they should let nintendo run things...
Avatar image for deactivated-5a79221380856
deactivated-5a79221380856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5a79221380856
Member since 2007 • 13125 Posts
When they added characters like Silver, I knew there was something wrong. I don't know when the Sonic series initially went downhill. Sonic 1-3 & Knuckles were really good I thought. Sonic Adventure was decent but from that point on Sonic's always had to share way too much with the other characters as if the developers are trying to make up for his lack of speed. I think the problem is that there isn't as much focus on Sonic as there once was. I'm fine if Shadow gets his own game as long as for once Sonic can get his.
Darth_Homer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#14 Darth_Homer
Member since 2004 • 5779 Posts

After playing through Sonic Rush (I just got a DS), I think there's still hope left.

The problem is that either Sonic Team need to learn how to make a game in 3D, or they need to give the franchise to a developer that actually knows how to make games in 3D.

Eldramesha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 Eldramesha
Member since 2003 • 341 Posts
They need to worry less about making a game that is like other platformers out there and more like a racing game on way way too much sugar. Pure Speed has always been the greastest of Sonic's strengths. I say it should be so once again.
Atman_Do

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Atman_Do
Member since 2007 • 173 Posts
Sonic was boring by the third one. Okay, he can run fast and spin. We get it.
selbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 selbie
Member since 2004 • 13295 Posts
I can't stand the cliched voice acting and music in these games. It's a remnant of the 80's and early 90's. The only hope left for Sonic is if it gets a complete overhaul.