Do you enjoy talking/writing about video games than playing them?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

orangeillini14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 orangeillini14
Member since 2004 • 10608 Posts
Anyone out there like that? I kind of am. :P I like sticking with the news and writing my own demo impressions and stuff. I might play more games if I had more money though, I'm currently saving up for a Xbox 360. :)
Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts
I like playing the games a bit more than talking/writing about them,but both are enjoyable.
orangeillini14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 orangeillini14
Member since 2004 • 10608 Posts
I like playing the games a bit more than talking/writing about them,but both are enjoyable. VGobbsesser
I imagine that's what most people are like here. :P
SteelAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SteelAttack
Member since 2005 • 10520 Posts
Not only I enjoy it, I actually spend more time doing that than actually playing them. I have to sneak from time to time to get my gaming fix.
stafax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#5 stafax
Member since 2005 • 1596 Posts
Sometimes it gets to the point that I talk more about games then play them. But lately I haven't had good company to get into heated conversations/debates about games, so it's been more actual gaming lately.
-shmelo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#6 -shmelo-
Member since 2006 • 931 Posts

I like playing video games so much, that I have to come and talk about them. Yesterday upon getting a nice Resident Evil pack I oculdn't help but talk about it, and can't wait to review it.

Now its some what of an insentive for me to beat games; because when I do, I review them and talk about them.

GamerPro1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GamerPro1984
Member since 2006 • 818 Posts
Ive been playing less games and spending a huge chunk of my free time at these boards lately lol. I think ill always enjoy playing them more than talking about them , but being able to read what all you other gamers talk about is getting funner too.
twopic58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#8 twopic58
Member since 2007 • 3710 Posts
I enjoy both. But now I write more cuz my 360 broke.
lordlors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 lordlors
Member since 2004 • 6128 Posts
It depends on the situation. If i don't have a new great game for weeks and i'm with my friends then i enjoy talking about video games more but if i have a new game it's more enjoyable to play the game.
Godofnerdyness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Godofnerdyness
Member since 2007 • 3248 Posts
I prefer playing them :p
dgbeard45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 dgbeard45
Member since 2003 • 989 Posts
I enjoy playing them more, butI do like talking about them too, like reviews and discussing them. Right now I'm not doing much of either because I'm busy and poor:(
digi_matrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#12 digi_matrix
Member since 2004 • 6600 Posts
Me! Me! Me! I wrote this on my profile description :lol:. So, you're not alone on that. :)
sandroDX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 sandroDX
Member since 2007 • 3661 Posts
i enjoy playing them more, but i do enjoy a good talk about videogames:)
Pablo_808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Pablo_808
Member since 2006 • 404 Posts
I like both. After I beat a videogame, I bust out MS Word and start writing out my own fan fiction about it. Mainly, I write Grand Theft Auto fan fics. Both playing and writing/talking are enjoyable to me as well.
cos_vanquish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 cos_vanquish
Member since 2007 • 1143 Posts

I enjoy playing the video games, because it inspires me to write stories about the games. And it also leads me to write reviews.

But, before any of that happens, I wait for the game to be released, and sit here and get to discuss it with other gamers that are in the same boat as me. I enjoy all aspects of gaming, whether it's playing them, writing about them or discussing them. I can even enjoy watching a video game be played, if the game is good enough.

nopalversion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 nopalversion
Member since 2005 • 4757 Posts

That's not a rare phenomenon. There's always a meta-hobby, where people enjoy the aspects of a community rather than the hobby itself.

The7thHorcrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 The7thHorcrux
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I'd say about equal.
Vampyronight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 Vampyronight
Member since 2002 • 3933 Posts

I used to enjoy coming to these forums more than I actually gamed, but this might've been because I only had a GCN and not a lot of interest in it specifically.

Lately, I've been playing a lot more than in the past and posting less. Really, while there are occasionally worthwhile discussions here on GGD, the board is far too slow. I used to hang out on System Wars because it was fast moving, but over maybe six months I realized that all the topics recycle and it's just the same **** repeatedly.

I still pop in here when I got a spare 15 minutes (just like now!), but I rarely spend too much time at one time on these boards.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts
There's nothing to write/talk about if there's no source of inspiration. So since this is a video game forum, I guess games is that source, so that means I enjoy playing games more, which makes me want to talk/write about them. :D
MetalContra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 MetalContra
Member since 2006 • 1131 Posts
I like to follow the video game industry just as much as I like playing the games. I like the news, the previews, the hype, the critics, the fanboys, the floppage, and the forums. I also like to invest money in the industry. Great companys like Activision and Gamestop are good stock buys.
MentatAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#21 MentatAssassin
Member since 2005 • 3007 Posts
You know, I never really thought about it before but now that you mention it I think I enjoy talking about games just a tad bit more than I doplaying them. Mainly it's because when I'm playing I'm stuck inside my own head but when I start talking about them I'm able to use my imagination a bit more to express how I feel about playing.
Hseptic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Hseptic
Member since 2003 • 1566 Posts
I tooactually like reading/posting about games more than playing them. Playing them seems more like a chore than anything, but thats probably because I'm terrible at them. I just buy it, put it in, look at the graphics and then I'm done ready to play the next game!
darkrazor44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 darkrazor44
Member since 2007 • 52 Posts
obvi i enjoy playin thm the most but i love to ramble on about games to ma mates and stuff
bigmit37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 bigmit37
Member since 2004 • 4043 Posts

Anyone out there like that? I kind of am. :P I like sticking with the news and writing my own demo impressions and stuff. I might play more games if I had more money though, I'm currently saving up for a Xbox 360. :)orangeillini14

LOL, me too. I love hearing if games live up to the hype and pretty much live through the impressions of the community.

majadamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#25 majadamus
Member since 2003 • 10292 Posts
Definetly not. I only come on here when I can't play games or my eyes need a break.