do u game beccause u prefer to stay inside?

jamzzee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jamzzee
Member since 2009 • 385 Posts

Are there people out there who spend their free time outside or not really?

ive wondered this as now im older i think ive missed so much in life as i sat in watching tv and playing games.

But ive always been to lazy and non motivated to go to places and meet people etc. feel live in a bubble somewhat, maybe aspergers. Even when young people used to go out and i got invited but often didnt bother. Feel tired and stressed being out.

But do u think that most people actually also prefer to be in their house or some people prefer to be out all the time?

IF in house gaming becomes good option

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#2 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

I do it more so to escape reality and my own thoughts. I don't mind going outside and doing things, I just rarely find myself in opportunities to do so. I could just go outside by myself and maybe go for a walk more often, but I rarely feel the motivation to do so. But even if I were more socially active I'd still need my "inside and play video games" time.

jamzzee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 jamzzee

if i had money id go to bars/clubs get drunk now and then more often etc..but the problem is travel also, i hate to travel to places and if drinking cant drive, so this again limits reasons to go out. I like to have some beers and play pool and check the eye candy but one needs freinds to go out with, money and effort to travel etc, its so much easier to stay inside, then inside its not just gaming but thats an option.

tv

music

study

internet

gaming

etc...

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mark1974
Member since 2015 • 4261 Posts

The weather is usually not good where I live so I play games often. I rarely play on nice days when I can do something outside but I'll still play games at night. My daughter would never leave the house if it was up to her.

jamzzee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jamzzee

true point it always cold and wet here and in summer maybe get few weeks good weather, so thats another point. But then again my american freind says where he stays its to hot to go out all the time so he stays in with his air con etc lol.

However, i do feel guilty to play games on sunny days much rather be outside...winter, well who cares lol.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

I do both.

jamzzee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jamzzee

@davillain- at the same time?:

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts

I do both and yes sometimes both at the same time with my 3DS or iPad. I game for entertainment, not because I don't want to go outside. I enjoy gaming but I also enjoy going out so I guess it's all about balance.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

It's not a question of inside or outside, it's more of a social/asocial distinction.

Avatar image for terminalyinsane
TerminalyInsane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 TerminalyInsane
Member since 2016 • 99 Posts

I deal with people at work. I need a break. I also don't like crowds. Can't stand to go to Wal-Mart. I have close friends I game with.

jamzzee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jamzzee

not really cause you are being social online.

I know if i had a fun bar nearby id just pop in for drinks and laugh etc now and then or mates nearby...but times when i wanted to chill alone i wouldnt..For me just seems to much effort to find people/go places that will be fun/cheap

suicidesn0wman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 suicidesn0wman
Member since 2006 • 7490 Posts

I'm antisocial and don't like being around other people, but like others have said it is not a matter of inside or outside. I'm currently looking to buy a house in the area, and one of my requirements is plenty of land and a nice big porch. I want to spend more time outside and enjoying nature, while also still being able to play my games whenever I want, I just don't want to deal with people if I don't have to.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

I am definitely an introvert and the reclusiveness of gaming is a big draw to me, but I can do it around people, too. It's more about unwinding and relaxing; I work a very physical, very stressful job and sitting down and gaming for an hour or two a day is how I unwind.

A lot of people I know go for hikes and bike rides, but they all have office jobs so I understand why they might want to get out and move around.

Me? I'm usually too exhausted after an 11-13 hour shift to do much of anything except eat, game, and sleep.

I definitely spend too much time gaming, though, especially on my weekends.

@jamzzee said:

not really cause you are being social online.

I know if i had a fun bar nearby id just pop in for drinks and laugh etc now and then or mates nearby...but times when i wanted to chill alone i wouldnt..For me just seems to much effort to find people/go places that will be fun/cheap

I wouldn't call online gaming legitimate socializing though; I mean, I get it, you're talking to people and stuff. But it just does not have the same impact and weight. I like to hang out with people, but I'm generally exhausted from pretending to be talkative and outgoing by the end of the night when it's at a bar or party or whatever.

But online, I don't get exhausted from socializing, it's just typing and reading to me. It is cool playing with people from all over the world, though.

Avatar image for shadowchronicle
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#14 Shadowchronicle
Member since 2008 • 26969 Posts

Games are not stressful and they allow me to make mistakes at my own leisure.

I hate talking to people vocally.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

Depends on the weather really.

If it's sunny and warm outside then I tend to sit outside with a beverage and the radio on for a couple of hours, maybe fry up some burgers on the grill if I get hungry and if the weather allows it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#16 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

Western WA doesnt have a ton of sun, so that plays into it. I love doing stuff outside though. Gardening, hiking, reading books under a tree are all very appealing to me. I typically play games 90 percent of the time at night, after I'm done working out, and I'm tired. It's the perfect thing for me to just sit down, smoke a bowl, and relax with games.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#17 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I spend most of winter inside playing games but in summer I like to do outdoor activities.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227
deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#18 deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227
Member since 2009 • 619 Posts

Ironically there have been articles about gaming addiction and how gamers are anti-social creatures, etc. I think the articles are a bit overdone. I usually don't want to go outside that much. I love the outdoors (in moderation) but would prefer to sit in front of a gaming system, relax and immerse myself in the story.

@SoNin360 said:

I do it more so to escape reality and my own thoughts. I don't mind going outside and doing things, I just rarely find myself in opportunities to do so. I could just go outside by myself and maybe go for a walk more often, but I rarely feel the motivation to do so. But even if I were more socially active I'd still need my "inside and play video games" time.

SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts

Its just my favorite way to pass time

Avatar image for shadowchronicle
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#20 Shadowchronicle
Member since 2008 • 26969 Posts

@hillelslovak said:

Western WA doesnt have a ton of sun, so that plays into it. I love doing stuff outside though. Gardening, hiking, reading books under a tree are all very appealing to me. I typically play games 90 percent of the time at night, after I'm done working out, and I'm tired. It's the perfect thing for me to just sit down, smoke a bowl, and relax with games.

Also backyards are freaking expensive in Washington. I remember living in Redmond and my backyard was the patio.

It always rains.

Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Zen_Light
Member since 2010 • 2143 Posts

I've always done a multitude of things outside like fishing and hunting, attending football games at school, playing basketball with friends, going to bonfire parties and working outdoors. It's only been recently that I've become somewhat of a dedicated gamer to fill the time when I'm not doing that other stuff.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#22 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Another vote for escaping reality and just having fun. I love being outside. Gaming is just a powerful and rewarding passtime for me

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#23 Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts

Yes. I hate the world and everyone in it. So games give me a legal way of blowing it up and killing it's miserable and pathetic inhabitants.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

No, I find it enjoyable when I'm at home with no upcoming plans. It comes second after watching new episodes of my favorite tv shows.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#26 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

I actually prefer to be outside...

...but that's where people are. I prefer not to be around people.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#27 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

I'm pretty balanced, I like to socialize but I also value solitude! Gaming is just one of the things I like to do when I need to escape.

phoenix5352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#28 phoenix5352
Member since 2011 • 387 Posts

i play games to experience different emotions through the stories . movies too can give that but you never feel that you are a part of that story, video games does that .

sam_p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 sam_p
Member since 2015 • 16 Posts

I work a lot so majority of the time I prefer to be sat at home gaming, but I still go out to pubs and bars and whatnot. Some days I'm up for going to pubs and socializing, other days I just want to stay home with a boxset and a couple games. I don't game as much as I used to (I.E when I was at college) due to real life stuff like jobs, relationships and whatever, but it's good to balance it both out.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#30 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11670 Posts

Personally play games for the mechanics of the game, and even then my personal preference is handhelds. Do many things outside so can't say I use it to escape reality or because I hate sunlight.

Gaming is a hobby, I just enjoy that hobby for what it is :)

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

@Archangel3371 said:

I do both and yes sometimes both at the same time with my 3DS or iPad. I game for entertainment, not because I don't want to go outside. I enjoy gaming but I also enjoy going out so I guess it's all about balance.

Ditto. It's all about balance.

Kruiz_Bathory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#33 Kruiz_Bathory
Member since 2009 • 4765 Posts

I like both to go out and stay home. Running and hiking are some of my hobbies but I prefer to stay at home and play some games. When I get sick that's when I go out or when I feel like working out :P

Yams1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#34 Yams1980
Member since 2006 • 2862 Posts

I mostly to avoid outdoors here also. Its either its winter or too hot in the summer. Only decent times are fall or spring. Summer is god awful most of the time from the heat... global warming is real.

Gaming is great way to avoid the outdoors... provided you have air conditioning. I can see why people in the middle east are so pissed off all the time because its hot there and they got nothing to do but hide from the sun and eat sand.

jamzzee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 jamzzee

lol to cold here to hot there...at least our summers are medium so u want to go out..