DK, what have you become?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bluezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 bluezy
Member since 2004 • 29297 Posts
I think Nintendo needs to re-evaluate the Donkey Kong franchise. Sure, there have been good games with him recently (like Mario vs DK 2), but it seems like he's being used mainly for mediocre bongo games and the new wrist-killer, DK Barrel Blast.

I think you can almost liken DK's current situation to Sonic in 2D and 3D. 2D for Sonic is always a good game, it seems, and 3D is just a recipe for disaster.

So the point of this thread is this: What do you think about DK's current situation, and what should be done with him? Personally, i believe that Nintendo should get some DK Country-sty.le games going, either on the DS or through WiiWare. A "2.5D" sequel of sorts to DKC done in the sty.le of New Super Mario Bros would bring some credibility back into this franchise. What do you think?
Foolz3h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 Foolz3h
Member since 2006 • 23739 Posts
A new 2d Donkey Kong: Country on wii!
CanadianEh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 CanadianEh
Member since 2002 • 7173 Posts

I think... who cares? DK has always been a useless mascot, bereft of any decent character or charm. I plug him in the same category as the Gex the Geckos and Aero the Acrobats... All lame characters that saw more time as a mascot than they probably deserved.

Continue to de-face what little fame Donkey Kong once miraculously had, Nintendo. Just do it. I just don't care.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts
How is that new Bongo Blast?
Foolz3h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5 Foolz3h
Member since 2006 • 23739 Posts

I think... who cares? DK has always been a useless mascot, bereft of any decent character or charm. I plug him in the same category as the Gex the Geckos and Aero the Acrobats... All lame characters that saw more time as a mascot than they probably deserved.

Continue to de-face what little fame Donkey Kong once miraculously had, Nintendo. Just do it. I just don't care.

CanadianEh

If you truely didn't care you would think to yourself "who cares" (or jsut ignore it entirely) and then move the mouse away from it and not click. :P

Clearly a certain part of you does indeed care, whether of course it be directly related to DK or indirectly there's a part of you that does care.

Gunraidan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Gunraidan
Member since 2007 • 4272 Posts

A new 2d Donkey Kong: Country along with many other awesome new 2D games on the wii!Foolz3h

Fixed

bluezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 bluezy
Member since 2004 • 29297 Posts
How is that new Bongo Blast? ASK_Story
Currently holding a 45% review average (over 11 reviews) on GameRankings. Not very good, apparently.
sa10kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 sa10kun
Member since 2007 • 4290 Posts
Heh, DK definitely needs a new 2d dkc style game. I'd rather have it on ds though since i have a ds. But itd be good for him to make a serious wii showing.
Jezzasaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Jezzasaurus
Member since 2006 • 323 Posts
Wasn't there supposed to be a new Donkey Kong akin to 64 on the way?
Avatar image for hammer_of_thor_
hammer_of_thor_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 hammer_of_thor_
Member since 2007 • 2260 Posts
I wish they made a decent DK platformer too. The DKC games are some of my favourite games on the SNES, same goes for the DKL on the Game Boy.