did you know?...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

edo-tensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 edo-tensei
Member since 2007 • 4581 Posts

Megaten franchise is actually the top rpg games when it comes to number of tittles released? Although, these games are not as popular as something like dragon quest or ff, they are the thrid biggest rpg franchise in Japan and still trying to break into the us and na markets. Just passing the word even though fans probably know this as well.

PublicNuisance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 PublicNuisance
Member since 2009 • 4582 Posts

Megaten franchise is actually the top rpg games when it comes to number of tittles released? Although, these games are not as popular as something like dragon quest or ff, they are the thrid biggest rpg franchise in Japan and still trying to break into the us and na markets. Just passing the word even though fans probably know this as well.

edo-tensei

I had never heard of this franchise before. I don't follow JRPGs much.

txr302

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 txr302
Member since 2006 • 1288 Posts
[QUOTE="PublicNuisance"]

[QUOTE="edo-tensei"]

Shin Megami Tensei... Does Persona 3 or 4 ring a bell?
PublicNuisance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 PublicNuisance
Member since 2009 • 4582 Posts

[QUOTE="PublicNuisance"]

[QUOTE="edo-tensei"]

txr302

Shin Megami Tensei... Does Persona 3 or 4 ring a bell?

Yes they do. My room mate owns Persona 3 and 4. He is a fan.

Polybren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Polybren
Member since 2004 • 1678 Posts
So you're saying it's like the Guitar Hero of the JRPG set?
hiphopballer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 hiphopballer
Member since 2009 • 4059 Posts

i never new about that game.

viva_hate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 viva_hate
Member since 2009 • 2414 Posts

Yeah well, there's an incredible amount of spin-offs, so that's not surprising. I loved the last 2 Persona games and Devil Survivor on the DS, but I haven't tried any other games in the series. They're fairly hard to find...

Pvt_r3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Pvt_r3d
Member since 2006 • 7901 Posts
All of them are great games.
NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#10 NeonNinja
Member since 2005 • 17318 Posts

Alright, reading posts I figured it out, but the TC isn't very clear. How the heck was I supposed to know Megaten was Shin Megami Tensei. If you're trying to get the word about something then make it a little bit more obvious than megaten.

I've only had Xbox and Nintendo consoles, but I'm looking at getting a PS2 and one of the first games I want to get is Persona 3 (probably the FES version). It looks really cool, and it looked really cool when it came out, and I always wanted to play it. I just never had the proper console to do so.

Avatar image for Canvas_Of_Flesh
Canvas_Of_Flesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Canvas_Of_Flesh
Member since 2007 • 4052 Posts
I'm a pretty big fan of the Persona series. I also really enjoyed Nocturne. Unfortunately, I still haven't beaten Persona 4 yet. I got about halfway through it a year ago and just got a little bored. I'm sure I'll pick it up again soon.
edo-tensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 edo-tensei
[QUOTE="NeonNinja"]

Alright, reading posts I figured it out, but the TC isn't very clear. How the heck was I supposed to know Megaten was Shin Megami Tensei. If you're trying to get the word about something then make it a little bit more obvious than megaten.

I've only had Xbox and Nintendo consoles, but I'm looking at getting a PS2 and one of the first games I want to get is Persona 3 (probably the FES version). It looks really cool, and it looked really cool when it came out, and I always wanted to play it. I just never had the proper console to do so.

[QUOTE="NeonNinja"]

well since you only play nintendo consoles then try strange journey and devil survivor on the ds just to get you started. Almost all of their main games are graet to play no matter the console they're released on
rjxtian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 rjxtian
Member since 2005 • 2638 Posts

Thanks for the information. On another thread, I had just said that I have to look into PS2 games. I like RPGs and JRPs.

vgm007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#14 vgm007
Member since 2005 • 20931 Posts
SMT is an awesome set of games. I've already beaten P3-4 and am working on the first one on the PSP as well as Devil Survivor. I just wish I had known about them sooner. :P
edo-tensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 edo-tensei

play the originals and you'll see how well they hold up

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

SMT is my favorite franchise. Games are quite awesome. Persona 4 is my 2nd favorite game of all-time.

LongZhiZi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 LongZhiZi
Member since 2009 • 2453 Posts
I've never played a Persona game...I may try one when it hits the PSP this year.
edo-tensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 edo-tensei
I've never played a Persona game...I may try one when it hits the PSP this year.LongZhiZi
just buy fes for the ps2, it's a lot cheaper. On the side, why does everyone new to the series want to start on the persona games? They're awesome yes, but why not play the main series first?
edo-tensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 edo-tensei
So you're saying it's like the Guitar Hero of the JRPG set?Polybren
lol something like that.... if you put it that way
LongZhiZi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 LongZhiZi
Member since 2009 • 2453 Posts
[QUOTE="LongZhiZi"]I've never played a Persona game...I may try one when it hits the PSP this year.edo-tensei
just buy fes for the ps2, it's a lot cheaper. On the side, why does everyone new to the series want to start on the persona games? They're awesome yes, but why not play the main series first?

I don't even know what the main series is. And this is going to come as a shock, but....I've never owned a PS2.
muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#21 muthsera666
Member since 2005 • 13271 Posts
Back when I was trying to decide whether to get a PS2 or an Xbox, Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne was a very motivating factor to a PS2.