Did completely play Resident Evil 7 with VR?

Kadin_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 2247 Posts

I finally completed RE7 on TV. I started playing it on VR last year but felt nausea each time (after about 20 minutes) so I eventually gave up on the game. Now that I have completed it, I cannot imagine playing the game from start to finish in VR.

Anyone play it in VR from start to finish?

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#2 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11671 Posts

Only played the opening in VR and it was a nauseating experience.

Admittedly I just cannot handle VR in its current state, and likely the foreseeable future.

To me VR isn't an option for enjoyment but a recommendation of impracticability.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#3 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

Every minute I played in it was VR. I couldn't imagine NOT playing it in VR.

Lebowski1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Lebowski1
Member since 2005 • 91 Posts

I don't suffer nausea with VR... but am ashamed to say the experience was just too terrifying for me to finish. Or even get close actually! :*/

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#5 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11671 Posts

@Lebowski1 said:

I don't suffer nausea with VR... but am ashamed to say the experience was just too terrifying for me to finish. Or even get close actually! :*/

You have nothing to be ashamed of, games designed to scare and build grim tension are not for everyone.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8772 Posts

@RSM-HQ said:
@Lebowski1 said:

You have nothing to be ashamed of, games designed to scare and build grim tension are not for everyone.

Phew! I thought I was the only one!

Yama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Yama
Member since 2002 • 34151 Posts

Yes, I did. It was one of the most immersive experiences I've ever had. I had issues with the PSVR technically so got rid of it eventually, I wish it was on Steam with VR support so I could do it again however. If not I'll revisit it with PSVR2 one day. The point you could literally peek your head around a corner slightly to see without the enemy seeing you, just like irl, was too realistic.

Lebowski1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Lebowski1
Member since 2005 • 91 Posts

@Yama: What issues did you have with it? Mine keeps cutting out when i move sometimes. :*/ Fortunately I mainly use it for cinema mode anyway.

Yama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Yama
Member since 2002 • 34151 Posts

@Lebowski1 said:

@Yama: What issues did you have with it? Mine keeps cutting out when i move sometimes. :*/ Fortunately I mainly use it for cinema mode anyway.

No HDR passthrough was an absolute dealbreaker for me, messing around with various wires per use was a joke. Also the range, it was just short enough that I couldn't do the couch to my TV, which was a very short distance to begin with.