destroyed franchises.

• 52 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

genericfoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 genericfoe
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
What franchise, that you play and so dearly love, has reached an untimely or sad end? my destroyed franchise is definitly fire emblem, loved those games to death. But dear god, shadow dragon on DS, I couldn't even bring myself to play it more then once.
ArchonOver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#2 ArchonOver
Member since 2010 • 1103 Posts

The Fallout series. I hated Fallout 3 with a passion.

genericfoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 genericfoe
^^ yeah i guess.... It wasn't bad, It was just unfuffilling, It was ok.
ubpoker123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ubpoker123
Member since 2007 • 877 Posts

Call Of Duty, loved the 4th one, can't even stand the thought of the game anymore.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
Army Men. The first and second one was great, the third not so much and after that it basically went down the drain.
Elraptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Elraptor
Member since 2004 • 30966 Posts
Going to say Medal of Honor. Played and replayed the original for a ridiculous number of hours. Lost interest somewhere between the current and last gen of consoles.
MrSolvo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MrSolvo
Member since 2011 • 101 Posts
Medal of Honor, Halo, Call of Duty. I'm really burnt out on all the FPS franchises at the moment. Final Fantasy has been way overdone as well. You'd have to be a seriously committed fan to deny the fact that they've milked the **** out of it.
lazyathew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 lazyathew
Member since 2007 • 3748 Posts

What franchise, that you play and so dearly love, has reached an untimely or sad end? my destroyed franchise is definitly fire emblem, loved those games to death. But dear god, shadow dragon on DS, I couldn't even bring myself to play it more then once.genericfoe
Did you know Shadow Dragon is a remake of the first Fire Emblem game?

genericfoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 genericfoe
^True.. but that does not hand the developer the right to make a sub-par game, no supports, no rescue and it is also SIGNIFICANTLY easier then most other games in the series, also i don't know how, but I prefer the graphical style of the snes/gba games over the pixalated art in SD. /end rant/ sorry, i just...... needed to vent.
lazyathew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lazyathew
Member since 2007 • 3748 Posts

^True.. but that does not hand the developer the right to make a sub-par game, no supports, no rescue and it is also SIGNIFICANTLY easier then most other games in the series, also i don't know how, but I prefer the graphical style of the snes/gba games over the pixalated art in SD. /end rant/ sorry, i just...... needed to vent.genericfoe
I see what ya mean, but this is where the series started, aside from the difficulty and graphics, so this isn't new stuff that "destroyed the series," it's how it began.

Zanoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 Zanoh
Member since 2006 • 6942 Posts

Call of Duty

Halo

Final Fantasy

XCNormX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 XCNormX
Member since 2010 • 466 Posts

Medal of Honor, and Call of Duty. The last Medal of Honor that I loved was European Assault. The last Call of Duty that I loved was COD4.

NCsmallCHILDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 NCsmallCHILDS
Member since 2010 • 790 Posts

This really hasn't been getting tht bad but i think Ratchet and Clank is washed up now. I like future tools but after that, no more please.

321orez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 321orez
Member since 2010 • 83 Posts
Medal of Honor, Halo, Call of Duty. I'm really burnt out on all the FPS franchises at the moment. Final Fantasy has been way overdone as well. You'd have to be a seriously committed fan to deny the fact that they've milked the **** out of it.MrSolvo
Depends on how you look at it, cause even though they have all these final fantasy titles, the majority of them are at least unrelated to the others, though they do milk some of the games or remake them waaaay to often. I'd have to agree with FPS franchises though....and Sonic ):
AngelBeeps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 AngelBeeps
Member since 2011 • 55 Posts
Well I'll go with what were all thinking and say Sonic. Lets face it, the poor little hedgehog died a death a long long time ago and that's no secret. Pac-man, as awesome as he still is as a character, kind of died a death when they decided to release the Pac-Man World series. The first one was a nice refreshing change but they should have kept that as just a one-off I feel. Other than those two I can't think of much else, possibly Castlevania even though I'm praying it will stay alive for me, it all just depends on whether or not they plan on carrying the games on from the original canon or not, if not then sadly I may have to add that to my list... then cry in a corner somewhere and mourn the death of my favourite franchise for a year or so.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
Resident evil 4 and 5. Nuff said.
alanthreonus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 alanthreonus
Member since 2008 • 153 Posts

Spyro. The first 3 games were some of my favorites when I was young, but then I bought Enter the Dragonfly...

Greyfeld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 Greyfeld
Member since 2008 • 3007 Posts
I'm sad to say this, but I think Final Fantasy is on the line for me. One or two more crappy games, and I won't even touch the series anymore.
Drosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Drosa
Member since 2004 • 3136 Posts

I'm gonna go old school and say Ultima.

Ultima VII was a genre defining game that you could see something new in even after playing it several times.

Utima VIII was an arcade game.

Ultima IX .... :cry:

Kitsune_Fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Kitsune_Fox
Member since 2011 • 56 Posts
COD and Medal of Honor
TheGrudge13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#21 TheGrudge13
Member since 2009 • 1198 Posts
Crash Bandicoot it was great on the PS1 but when it came to the PS2 it was crap and every game in the series after the PS1 was worst the the one before it
MentatAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#22 MentatAssassin
Member since 2005 • 3007 Posts

COD seris and almost Halo thanks to the mediocrity of ODST and Halo Wars but redemption has come in the form of REACH.

TentacleMayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TentacleMayor
Member since 2008 • 1469 Posts
Quest for Glory's end was sad, but they remained good to the end. They made the last 2 games specifically because the committed fanbase insisted on it, even though they didn't end up doing well commercially. People were just getting tired of fantasy RPGs at the time, I suppose. But the loving fanbase remained, and they even made a couple of unofficial games in the series. Really awesome games, I recommend checking them out to see some C-RPG history.
Darksiders666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24 Darksiders666
Member since 2011 • 272 Posts
The Spyro PS1 trilogy were three fantastic games then I realised that his greatness had come to a sad end when I played Enter the Dragonfly.
WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 WhiteKnight77
Member since 2003 • 12605 Posts

Rainbow Six, Ghost Recon and Silent Hunter have all been FUBARed.

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#26 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

Final Fantasy. That studio has just totally lost its direction and it wandering around in an absolutely clueless state.

Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Gladestone1
Member since 2004 • 5695 Posts

Might and magic series...Man i loved number seven..The last one was suppose to go almost 3d..It was horrid unplayable garbage..They killed a once great fun experience..The dude who said ultima 9 agree with you on that..Wasnt that like one of the first 3d games also..It just was horrible, they made it into a single player experiance an ruin that genre shame..

xXCombatWombat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 xXCombatWombat
Member since 2009 • 1529 Posts

Call of Duty

Tony Hawk

Guitar hero

(See a trend here? :roll: )

Final Fantasy

Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#29 Demonjoe93
Member since 2009 • 9869 Posts

Crash Bandicoot. Thank you Radical Entertainment you bastards.

dawso0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 dawso0n
Member since 2005 • 1767 Posts

resident evil died after 4, 5 was a joke. I pray they take it back to it's roots. All is not lost though as dead space 1 and 2 are unreal

Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#31 Demonjoe93
Member since 2009 • 9869 Posts

Well I'll go with what were all thinking and say Sonic. Lets face it, the poor little hedgehog died a death a long long time ago and that's no secret. Pac-man, as awesome as he still is as a character, kind of died a death when they decided to release the Pac-Man World series. The first one was a nice refreshing change but they should have kept that as just a one-off I feel. Other than those two I can't think of much else, possibly Castlevania even though I'm praying it will stay alive for me, it all just depends on whether or not they plan on carrying the games on from the original canon or not, if not then sadly I may have to add that to my list... then cry in a corner somewhere and mourn the death of my favourite franchise for a year or so.AngelBeeps

Sonic's newer games are getting better reviews now so I don't think he's necessarily dead yet.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23969 Posts

Ultima, Sonic, Tony Hawk, Guitar Hero. Though to be fair, Sonic has seen a re-emergence especially with Sonic Colours, he may just rise up from the game and become a decent game franchise again.

^True.. but that does not hand the developer the right to make a sub-par game, no supports, no rescue and it is also SIGNIFICANTLY easier then most other games in the series, also i don't know how, but I prefer the graphical style of the snes/gba games over the pixalated art in SD. /end rant/ sorry, i just...... needed to vent.genericfoe

Shadow Dragon is a remake of FE1. Rescues werent added until FE5, Supports werent added until FE6. The best in the series according to most hardcore Fire Emblem fans is FE4, which had neither rescues or Supports and was also one of the easiest Fire Emblems.

BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#33 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts

Twisted Metal after 989 took over. It wasn't until Black that the series was on track again.

BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#34 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts

Well I'll go with what were all thinking and say Sonic. Lets face it, the poor little hedgehog died a death a long long time ago and that's no secret. Pac-man, as awesome as he still is as a character, kind of died a death when they decided to release the Pac-Man World series. The first one was a nice refreshing change but they should have kept that as just a one-off I feel. Other than those two I can't think of much else, possibly Castlevania even though I'm praying it will stay alive for me, it all just depends on whether or not they plan on carrying the games on from the original canon or not, if not then sadly I may have to add that to my list... then cry in a corner somewhere and mourn the death of my favourite franchise for a year or so.AngelBeeps
Sonic has been pretty good lately. I'd say it's far from dead.

But I have to agree with Pac Man

Marmotas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Marmotas
Member since 2004 • 2944 Posts

Final Fantasy and Crash Bandicoot after the PS1.

Resident Evil.

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#36 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

CoD is completely destroyed, the only thing keeping it going is the name, and it's ignorant fanboys.

**** subjective taste, there is no excuse for such a patheticaly rehashed, milked to death series that does absolutely nothing new. They killed Tony Hawk, they killed Guitar Hero, now because it's become popular, they are doing the same thing with CoD like a damn parasite clutching to it and sucking all it's blood.

It's pathetic beyond anything els, and makes me sick as to how abnormal it is.

Well I'll go with what were all thinking and say Sonic. Lets face it, the poor little hedgehog died a death a long long time ago and that's no secret.AngelBeeps

Sonic died around 2002, but recently revived with the critically aclaimed Sonic Colors, which i myself played on the Wii. I can honestly tell you that as a gamer that never even had interest in Sonic, it's a good, solid, fun game. It's future doesn't look that bad anymore. If they take Sonic Colors, keep the mechanics, add to it some more, it'll be a good future for Sonic.

dagreenfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 dagreenfish
Member since 2010 • 1818 Posts

Resident Evil, unlike most, I actually liked 4 but 5 was terrible.

I'm tempted to say FF, but they've earned enough credit with me over the years to give them at least one more shot.

evilgamer22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 evilgamer22
Member since 2009 • 2408 Posts

Silent Hill has been dead since 3 on the ps2. Also Final Fantasy has been going down hill fast since 10, but I'm not gonna call it dead just yet since Versus looks like it might be good. However, if it turns out like crap then I will probably call the franchise dead at that point.

SpArKs424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 SpArKs424
Member since 2010 • 2203 Posts
COD it has not changed or innovated since COD4 .
genericfoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 genericfoe
bump.
QuistisTrepe_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 QuistisTrepe_
Member since 2010 • 4121 Posts

Final Fantasy. That studio has just totally lost its direction and it wandering around in an absolutely clueless state.

Jackc8

Final Fantasy is completely dead to me, but what else would you expect from developers who are completely lacking in vision and creativity?

RyuRanVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#42 RyuRanVII
Member since 2006 • 4257 Posts

I'm gonna go old school and say Ultima.

Ultima VII was a genre defining game that you could see something new in even after playing it several times.

Utima VIII was an arcade game.

Ultima IX .... :cry:

Drosa

That was sad. The same happened to the Might and Magic series.

Most FPS franchises I used to like was destroyed in the last 5 years: Call of Duty, Medal of Honor, Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six, Operation Flashpoint, Quake, Unreal Tournament...

MaskJackal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#43 MaskJackal
Member since 2011 • 86 Posts
Wing Commander and X-Com both come to mind. These were some of my favorite PC games way back in the day, but Wing Commander was crushed along with Origin, and X-Com never really got a proper sequel (TFTD was sort of good, but way too hard.) Call of Duty's attracted my ire because of the direction the series has gone, the Mother series was killed by not being properly done up for the US (As understandable as this might be, for money reasons) Kirby hasn't really gotten the best treatment, and Kirby's Epic Yarn, as good as it is, isn't really a proper Kirby game. In short, a lot of my favs are like this.
JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#44 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
Resident evil 4 and 5. Nuff said.dakan45
I really enjoyed RE4, but I had to play it on the Wii before I could really get into it. I tried getting into RE5, and I just can't. I hate that it's set in day light...
Kitsune_Fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Kitsune_Fox
Member since 2011 • 56 Posts
COD it has not changed or innovated since COD4 .SpArKs424
Unfortunately true
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#46 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
[QUOTE="dakan45"]Resident evil 4 and 5. Nuff said.JustPlainLucas
I really enjoyed RE4, but I had to play it on the Wii before I could really get into it. I tried getting into RE5, and I just can't. I hate that it's set in day light...

Its completly unrelated to the previous and the horror element is gone, its just zombies that run around with dynamites and laser traps. I mean seriously? id rather play dead space.
SonicBalla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#47 SonicBalla
Member since 2006 • 2610 Posts

Really Surprised no body has said Kingdom Hearts seeing as how everyone is tired of the spin-offs. I've even heard people are just completely done with the series since they haven't released KH3. Anyways for me its Spider-Man. I didn't like Web of Shadows or Friends or Foe and Spiderman 3 was Mehh. I"ve yet to play Shattered Dimensions however.

BowlofNoodles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#48 BowlofNoodles
Member since 2004 • 519 Posts
Command and conquer is a mess now. I have to agree that FF is only a shadow of what it used to be. FFX was the last one I liked. Such a shame.
Gibsonsg527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Gibsonsg527
Member since 2010 • 3313 Posts

COD, Sonic, Medal of Honor, and C&C.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#50 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

COD, Sonic, Medal of Honor, and C&C.

Gibsonsg527

Sonic isn't technically destroyed anymore. The last sonic game that released has a 78% average on Metacritic.