This topic is locked from further discussion.

DanDman14a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 DanDman14a
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

The more I play this game the more disheartened I get with it.

What is the point of Glimmer, you cant really buy anything of use with it.

Why can I only earn 100 Crucible Marks per week fighting in the Crucible?

Why go through the grind of earning faction reputation to get the armour you want, only then to have it limited by the lack of currency like strange coin or ascendant shards. Which can only be found by totally random luck.

Get rid of all this currency limitation IT SUCKS!

Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#2 Essian
Member since 2007 • 3444 Posts

@dandman14a: I find this post to be unique and valid, and informative to my life and gaming choices

DanDman14a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DanDman14a

Hey sometimes I need to gripe!

It helps me.

loafofgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 loafofgame
Member since 2013 • 1742 Posts

I think it's save to say Destiny is not your destiny.

Now you've got something to hate even more... ;-P

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#5 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@dandman14a said:

Why go through the grind of earning faction reputation to get the armour you want, only then to have it limited by the lack of currency like strange coin or ascendant shards. Which can only be found by totally random luck.

You can buy cloaks that lets you earn rep like New Monarchy that are expensive. You can make an alt and spend money.

Because that's usually how mmo's work.

Because it's a challenge?

No it doesn't, it's there. Deal with it.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#6 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

@dandman14a: Glimmer is used to upgrade your uncommon, rare, legendary, and exotic items, so yeah it's kind of important in that regard.

MedaFaded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MedaFaded
Member since 2014 • 274 Posts

I doubt that since most the people playing it enjoy it, and there are no used copies hanging off gamestops shelves.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#8 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

Thanks for sharing this information. My life has been enriched because of your opinion on a video game.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

Then sell it. A smart buyer would have tried to rent or borrow it first, it's called buyer beware. Just sell it before it's value drops or are you going to be a stupid seller too?

gimpyolman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 gimpyolman
Member since 2010 • 31 Posts

The campaign is palatable ... but barely so...​ most of the missions are completed before you go to the bounty board just to redo the mission again. What they lacked in obvious creativity they attempted to butter over with redundancy. The artwork is re-cycled ... all the caves, etc are identical... the on-line play sucks with some players seeming to have endless "super powers" and halo jumping ability and unbreakable shields. It takes nearly 3/4 of a magazine of bullets to bring the enemy down - maybe - while you can go down in or or two hits from similar weapons. The higher the rank the more super-human you become although it says all your perks are removed for live... BS!... all super powers do is make it easier for a cheat to hide the fact he found a way to cheat... I for one am happier than a frog in warm water that I did not get taken in with the map packs. Every mission is in the same map... going through the same building or area over and over and over and killing the same stupid aliens over and over and over with about 30 seconds before they respawn and you get to shoot them again... NO IMAGINATION ... and don't get me started on how they stole pieces of other games... it looks a lot like they found what people liked best in several games and just collated them together to pretend they created something new. What happened to plain old games that didn't have flying and super-human powers and a bullet killed you? Even the new Call of Duty Advanced Warfare has gotten into the Rocket Pack and cloaking craze... AND GUESS WHAT ... after seeing this waste of money I'LL BE DARNED IF I GIVE THEM ANOTHER 60 BUCKS....

gimpyolman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 gimpyolman
Member since 2010 • 31 Posts

The campaign is palatable ... but barely so...​ most of the missions are completed before you go to the bounty board just to redo the mission again. What they lacked in obvious creativity they attempted to butter over with redundancy. The artwork is re-cycled ... all the caves, etc are identical... the on-line play sucks with some players seeming to have endless "super powers" and halo jumping ability and unbreakable shields. It takes nearly 3/4 of a magazine of bullets to bring the enemy down - maybe - while you can go down in or or two hits from similar weapons. The higher the rank the more super-human you become although it says all your perks are removed for live... BS!... all super powers do is make it easier for a cheat to hide the fact he found a way to cheat... I for one am happier than a frog in warm water that I did not get taken in with the map packs. Every mission is in the same map... going through the same building or area over and over and over and killing the same stupid aliens over and over and over with about 30 seconds before they respawn and you get to shoot them again... NO IMAGINATION ... and don't get me started on how they stole pieces of other games... it looks a lot like they found what people liked best in several games and just collated them together to pretend they created something new. What happened to plain old games that didn't have flying and super-human powers and a bullet killed you? Even the new Call of Duty Advanced Warfare has gotten into the Rocket Pack and cloaking craze... AND GUESS WHAT ... after seeing this waste of money I'LL BE DARNED IF I GIVE THEM ANOTHER 60 BUCKS....

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

#12 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@dandman14a said:

The point of glimmer is to have enough to upgrade gear with and you can always buy ships or mounts. You could use it to level up the cryptarch aswell.

Because people would just be way ahead when it comes to gear compared to others. It's like that in all mmo's...

Because you actually feel like you earned it.

No, it's basic mmo currency

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Too late to trade it back ?

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#14 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@dandman14a: Only thing i can agree with here is that Destiny do "suck" but it doesn't do it because its a terrible game, it does it because it´s halo without being halo, a mmo without being a mmo, and as a FPS its average

But its halo on Playstation so the masses will be good little sheep and love the game :D (sorry to anyone who might get offended by that)

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@Jacanuk

I doubt that apology was sincere.... :(

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#16  Edited By Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Jacanuk

I doubt that apology was sincere.... :(

You might be right and you might be wrong ;)

torenojohn7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#17 torenojohn7
Member since 2012 • 551 Posts

I DON'T CARE STOP TALKING ABOUT DESTINY FFS! if you don't like destiny play something else! don't bitch about it.

watchdogsrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#18 watchdogsrules
Member since 2014 • 551 Posts

this just justifies my theory that destiny sucks.

GaryMcgrady1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 GaryMcgrady1

http://www.reddit.com/r/UFC53/comments/2ibg7m/

http://www.reddit.com/r/UFC53/comments/2ibg7m/

jcoop_345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By jcoop_345

@dandman14a: dandman its alright to gripe, that's what this forum, (besides citing opinions) is for! :D

Avatar image for notorious1234na
Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Notorious1234NA
Member since 2014 • 1917 Posts

Destiny Suck thread number 10,000

RumbleRuses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 RumbleRuses
Member since 2014 • 65 Posts

If only you could convince my cousin who loves this game so much that he got three copies (PS4, XB1 and 360) to stop playing because he's set beacons for the game and every time he logs on it says he wants friends to play Destiny and it's insufferable.

geraldwillkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23  Edited By geraldwillkill
Member since 2005 • 1134 Posts

To add more fire to "destiny sucks" its seems like Destiny is going to have on disc dlc of some sort. There is a video that shows you how to get to one of the DLC areas already. The area is empty with no enemies but it shows that there is some DLC content already in game.

Loading Video...

Donderpants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 Donderpants
Member since 2015 • 169 Posts

Yep, finally someone posting the truth.

Destiny sucks.

343 studios had to LIE to maximize sales. You don't "accidentally" say a game is costing 500 million dollars to make. That's just them swindling us. The actual game consisted of a significantly worse version of Halo. It had none of the personality, a quarter of the gameplay, and graphics that Minecraft could put to shame. At least Minecraft's graphics are original. Destiny's graphics just reminds you of other games that managed to do well with the graphics style they aimed for. It's sad.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#25 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

@donderpants said:

Yep, finally someone posting the truth.

Destiny sucks.

343 studios had to LIE to maximize sales. You don't "accidentally" say a game is costing 500 million dollars to make. That's just them swindling us. The actual game consisted of a significantly worse version of Halo. It had none of the personality, a quarter of the gameplay, and graphics that Minecraft could put to shame. At least Minecraft's graphics are original. Destiny's graphics just reminds you of other games that managed to do well with the graphics style they aimed for. It's sad.

Don't bump old threads please.

Avatar image for lucianocasanova
lucianocasanova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26 lucianocasanova
Member since 2014 • 813 Posts

How is this thread not locked?

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#27 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

LOL 9 months ago I would have argued that Destiny was a good game. Now I know better. Destiny does in fact suck fat ones. Deleted it off my PS4 a while back.