Destiny: Luck in The Chamber

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Angel_XIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Angel_XIII
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

My gaming time this year was spent mostly on Destiny. Yes, one of the most disappointing games of last year. The game has repetitive gameplay, laughable RNG that gives high class gear at random no matter what your performance. A cryptarch system that mostly gives you trash upon redemption of your high level engrams. Frustrating as it is, Destiny's redeming quality is its solid gameplay mechanic. But no matter how much grind myself on the proverbial mill stone I was often crappy gear. I wanted to sell the game for some extra cash but no one wants to buy it. I just have to accept the fact that I am stuck with a glorified.

After a few months, I fired up my PS4 to have another go around with this lipsticked pig. And I got my first legendary weapon, No Land Beyond. Winds of change is abound .I became much more active in forums to find, recruit and find like minded guardians to combat the darkness. My experience with Destiny started to change as the delicate balance of grinding and reward started to tip in my favor. But it was not enough to satisfy the hunger that has lit a fire in me. I threw caution to the wind and dived deep into the belly of the beast that is The Dark Below.

The first time I ventured into the darkness of the pit I wrestled from it the raid boots for my Hunter. Feed me more! As my first rodeo with Crota gifted me with arguably the best sniper rifle in the game, The Black Hammer. A second venture down the the pit gifted me with my long sought after Hawkmoon hand cannon. A lethal weapon combined with the hunter's gunslinger class makes it more lethal with added stability and fast reload perks. With the help of fellow guardians doing the weekly strikes to farm strange coins, I was able to purchase The Last Word, Ice Breaker, Knucklehead Radar, Achlyophage Symbiote, and Obsidian Mind. Exotic Bounties started popping up more frequently, I got Super Good Advice, Bad Juju, Thorn, Invective and Pocket Infinity. I also got the Truth and Universal Remote as loot drops. All in a matter of 4 weeks(approximately).

Luck was definitely on my side so I decided to push it, The Vault of Glass. This raid has never given me anything good for my Hunter. My fireteam raided the vault filled with homicidal robots to pillage the vault for it's most coveted prize. As the dust clears I walked away with the raid helm and leg armor and the Vex Mythoclast, one of the best exotic weapons from the game.

There is an old saying to quit while you are ahead, a sentiment that has fallen on deaf ears as I pushed my luck again in completing the raid gear for Crota's End. After 2 raid attempts my hunter is decked out ready to descend into a Central American jungle to stalk Dutch and his unsuspecting crew.

Destiny has been a blessing in disguise thanks to all the support of the development team as they made adjustments from user feedback. It has kept me busy enough to ward me off from getting unnecessary game purchases. But it has acted as a double edged sword. I now have a backlog consisting of Dragon Age Inquisition, Alien Isolation, GTA V (which i plan to periodically go thru to relax and pass the time). which I will get to at an inderminate future.

What are your Tales from Destiny(A good title for the next TellTale game)? Feel free to write on the comments below.

Avatar image for deactivated-57de35bf0f08e
deactivated-57de35bf0f08e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1 deactivated-57de35bf0f08e
Member since 2014 • 386 Posts

I've been steadily playing the game since release. Leveled up both a Hunter and Warlock to level 31, and a Titan to level 27. I have numerous legendary and exotic weapons and guns. My favorite guns are exotics Suros Regime rifle and The Last Word fully automatic hand cannon.

I'm in a clan and we've done it all multiple times. I'll be playing the next expansion as well.

My main problem with the game is there's not enough single player content to enjoy, and having to be online to play it at all. I don't always have my brahs around to play the game with, and the only real thing they give me to play alone is patrol which sucks.

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

My most recent tale would be about the journey to find a group capable of defeating Crota on hard mode. I feel like a lot of people are just giving up, and it's understandable after what Bungie did (or rather didn't do) with VoG when the DLC hit. I mean, when House of the Wolves comes out, everyone expects the Crota weapons will be useless anyway, much as the VoG weapons became semi-worthless with the Dark Below, so what's the point of dealing with level-buffed enemies to get a couple weapons that aren't really that special in the first place and will be less so in a couple months? Bad planning on their part.

Anyway, managed to get through it with one group, but only walked out with a helmet I already had and that ridiculous shader. Still looking for my second completion and it's a struggle to sift through the rage-quitters and the uninitiated to find a group of five other persons with the talent to get the job done and the patience to deal with the glitches in the meantime. That would be my biggest gripe with Bungie's handling of this - they hurry up and patch the glitches that benefit players but then leave all the glitches that work against players alone...VoG has the same damn glitches it had when it came out near launch. What's with that?

Angel_XIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Angel_XIII

Bungie should add like a reforge system to upgrade the damage of those raid gear weapons

dethtrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 dethtrain
Member since 2004 • 570 Posts

They need to settle down with currency caps. And stop introducing new forms of currency. I also don't think 10 bounty slots is nowhere near enough. Ive got a few exotic bounties sitting in my inventory taking up 3 slots along with a xur turn in eating another.

There should be a way to reforge weapons similar to what the iron banner vendor does.

More shards need to be dropped.

But I'm having fun. Been playing for about 2 months. They should really take some cues from blizzard's diablo 3 2.0+ patch in terms of rewarding the player properly. I'd like to see more arpg mechanics introduced. And inventory system needs an overhaul

Angel_XIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Angel_XIII

Hopefully they will make positive changes once the House of Wolves is rolled out