Dark Souls II invasion idle.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

B3GV5M63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Poll Dark Souls II invasion idle. (1 votes)

Yes! 100%
No! 0%

In dark souls . you only used to get invaded by a single person. and you would see" your got invaded by a spirit" message about 10 seconds before the enemy is in your world. now. you can get invaded by two people. and the enemies in your map still count against you only. but thats not my problem. even tho its unfair. but we deal with it and love it. just like the whole game. but the thing is. the invasion message displays after the player is in MY MAP. that is so unfair. not to mention they spawn right next to you. i mena. what if your in the middle of a fight. which chances are. you are in the middle of a fight. DS invasion system was great. and it only needed hackers monitoring and a little bit of edit. but so far. this is becoming so unfair to the player that players single player. i play multiplayer too. but single for the most part. at least make my enemies attack them too? why does it have to be 1 vs the world.

• 
B3GV5M63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1 B3GV5M63
Member since 2014 • 117 Posts

i cant be prepared for it. i just got invaded and the guy was shooting arrows at me before the message was displayed. that sucks.

B3GV5M63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 B3GV5M63

i just got invaded by 4 people in under 1 minute. HOW AM SUPPOSED TO SURVIVE FOR GOD SAKE.

IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 0

#3 IndianaPwns39
Member since 2008 • 5037 Posts

I haven't had this issue. In fact I've received the message long before the invader actually showed up on screen. That, or I was trying to leave a particular area and the fog showed up so I knew I was about to get attacked.

I usually have enough time to prep for invasions. I really like summoning an ally before being invaded or turning the AI against them. So few people ever anticipate that move.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

"In dark souls . you only used to get invaded by a single person."

Huh? That's not a true statement at all. I've been invaded by multiple invaders on more than one occasion. I even have Youtube videos of me fighting off multiple invaders at the same time.

-Byshop

B3GV5M63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By B3GV5M63

@Byshop:

i take that back. your right. i forgot.

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#6 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

there are items that turn the mobs on phantoms, builds that are more efficient for PvP, covenants that summon helpers, and i'm pretty sure there are items that disguise you from phantoms too. there are lots of options if you're worried about other players.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

Yeah, I mean so far it seems pretty balanced to me. Sure you can be invaded at any time since with the new Hollow vs Non-Hollow mechanic in this game but they really seem to have balanced it out will all kinds of items that you can use to help you with invaders. I'm pretty anti-multiplayer in general, but I -loved- how Dark Souls approached by truly incorporating it into the single player.

-Byshop