Dark Souls 2 coming to current gen

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Link

Good news gaming fans, the fan favorite Dark Souls 2 is coming to next gen with DLC. Just one of the recent remastered games. Anyone interested in getting this?

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#2 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

I'd love to get the full version of this game. I love the Souls series

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@Jimmy_Russell

Now thats hardcore... ! :)

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts

YES!!! I had a feeling that this game would have a current gen port which is why I've held off from getting the game before. This is awesome news and I'm really looking forward to picking this up in April.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#6 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@jimmy_russell said:

Getting Dark Souls 2? I would rather get cancer, to be honest.

Woah!! you really don't like Dark Souls

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Lulu_Lulu

@thehig1

Or maybe getting cancer is just his way of upping the challenge because Dark Souls 2 was too easy for him. ;)

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 thehig1

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@thehig1

Or maybe getting cancer is just his way of upping the challenge because Dark Souls 2 was too easy for him. ;)

Dark Souls 2 on Super Hardcore difficulty

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@thehig1

Dark Souls doesn't have difficulty settings.... Not real ones anyway.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=MM2dDF4B9a4

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Cool for the souls fans. But im more interested in Bloodborne.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 thehig1

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@thehig1

Dark Souls doesn't have difficulty settings.... Not real ones anyway.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=MM2dDF4B9a4

was taking the piss, never played Dark Souls

top_lel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 top_lel
Member since 2014 • 886 Posts

@jimmy_russell said:

Getting Dark Souls 2? I would rather get cancer, to be honest.

cancer is so 90s

get diabetes, diabetes is alpha

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#13 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Jimmy_Russell

Now thats hardcore... ! :)

Totally!! lol

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

Link

Good news gaming fans, the fan favorite Dark Souls 2 is coming to next gen with DLC. Just one of the recent remastered games. Anyone interested in getting this?

I would be interested but I'm pretty happy with the PC version.

-Byshop

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 The_Last_Ride

@Byshop said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Link

I would be interested but I'm pretty happy with the PC version.

-Byshop

I don't see a reason getting another game then unless you're hunting the trophies or achievments

yukushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 yukushi
Member since 2011 • 2368 Posts

I am a hardcore gamer but I am not a fan of dark souls its for people with incredible amounts of patience.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#17 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

Only reason I'm getting it is because it includes all the DLC expansions, which means more souls to obtain and more lore to uncover.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Byshop  Moderator

@The_Last_Ride said:

I don't see a reason getting another game then unless you're hunting the trophies or achievments

The only reasons I can see would be moving to a different online pool of players or to get away from hacks if DS2 PC gets all hacky like the last one. DS1 got pretty bad.

-Byshop

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 The_Last_Ride

@Byshop said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

The only reasons I can see would be moving to a different online pool of players or to get away from hacks if DS2 PC gets all hacky like the last one. DS1 got pretty bad.

-Byshop

Isn't there pvp in DS2?

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Byshop  Moderator

@The_Last_Ride: Yes, and like Demons Souls and Dark Souls it's awesome. I'm not big on multiplayer, but I -love- the systems they use for the "Souls" games because the multiplayer is actually incorporated into the gameplay/story and not some tacked on feature. The idea behind the work in Dark Souls is that everyone is dead and this is the afterlife, but everyone has their own version of the afterlife world and the dead can visit (or invade) the worlds of other dead people. There are various items you can acquire throughout the world that allow you to move to other worlds, invite people from other worlds, or even stop people from invading. There are "Covenants" you can join by talking to specific NPCs that exist to dictate how you can interact with other players. Some are combat oriented, others are co-op oriented. Some are evil (invade and kill other players) whereas others might be neutral (for example in DS1, you could join the Forest Hunter covenant which meant you could be summoned by the forest god to "defend" the forest, aka kill players who enter the forest who are not in the same covenant) or good (invade and kill only players who have commited an "evil" act like attacking friendly NPCs or killing players in an invasion). There's no menu selection or anything like that, you have to -find- the covenants you want to join. Also, there's no "offline" mode. You can be invaded by other players while you are trying to play your single player game, although the exact rules regarding when you can and can't be invaded vary from title to title. You can pretty much ensure that you are never invaded (if that's what you want) using the in-game mechanics.

But dueling is aweome and takes quite a bit of skill and tactical thinking. Combine that with how -wildly- different you can make character builds and it's a lot of fun. Some people make strong but slow, brute force characters designed to smash down defenses, others make quick and agile fencers who rely on parries and ripostes, while others make spell casters who use crazy combinations of melee and magic, to everything in between.

Loading Video...

Like I said, I'm pretty anti-multiplayer but if every game handled it as well as these games I'd play online a lot more.

-Byshop

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@Byshop: Seems cool, but i am not really into that series. I have Demon Souls in my backlog, but i am just not interested in it

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Lulu_Lulu

@The_Last_Ride

Try it.... I hate it... Considered that an endorsement that it just might be for you.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 The_Last_Ride

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@The_Last_Ride

Try it.... I hate it... Considered that an endorsement that it just might be for you.

meh, i am not that interested in it

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Lulu_Lulu

@The_Last_Ride

I was at some point.... Given the state of the industry at the time I was eager to try out the so called most difficult game ever....

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19570 Posts

Why are the best current/upcoming games on the X1 and PS4...slightly updated games from last gen?

I don't remember this happening as much in previous gens. It's as if all of the publishers aren't taking these consoles seriously, and are simply trying to make money with minimal effort.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#26 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

Link

Good news?

Honestly who cares about the crap they call Dark souls 2, also its on pc so it doesn't really matter if it comes on next-gen consoles.

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#27 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts
@Byshop said:

@The_Last_Ride: Yes, and like Demons Souls and Dark Souls it's awesome. I'm not big on multiplayer, but I -love- the systems they use for the "Souls" games because the multiplayer is actually incorporated into the gameplay/story and not some tacked on feature. The idea behind the work in Dark Souls is that everyone is dead and this is the afterlife, but everyone has their own version of the afterlife world and the dead can visit (or invade) the worlds of other dead people.

It's not really the afterlife. Everyone may be undead, but they still occupy the same world as the living. The curse just means they cannot truly die -- they'll just keep coming back to life until their mind has completely eroded. Though even then, that doesn't seem to free them from the grasp of the curse, if the constant respawning foes are any indication. Locations like Lordran and Drangleic are merely hubs where the cursed congregate in search of a cure, based on either legends (as with Lordran and the tale of the "chosen undead") or rumors (as with Drangleic and how Vendrick supposedly knew of a way to stop the curse).

The justification for the co-op and invasions in the lore is something about the flow of time being distorted in those lands (Solaire explicitly mentions this when you first meet him), and that somehow allows undead to connect to one another. They've never really delved into that aspect of the lore for Dark Souls, so it's a mystery as to how that all actually works.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Link

Good news?

Honestly who cares about the crap they call Dark souls 2, also its on pc so it doesn't really matter if it comes on next-gen consoles.

Some like it though, so they can buy it on next gen

amillionhp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By amillionhp
Member since 2008 • 773 Posts

All in all, Dark Souls 2 seems to be a step down from Dark Souls 1. Not a HUGE step down though, just slightly not as good but still great. Then again, i never played Demons Souls and its my understanding that most fans of that game saw the first Dark Souls as a step down... I dont know, all i can say is Dark Souls was a truly spectacular experience. No game ever brought forth the kind of emotions and attachment as that one and i dont think anything else ever will in the future, even if the game had some flaws. The second game just didnt quite capture the same feeling but that could just be that it is no longer a fresh concept.

I would be more excited to pick up Bloodborne instead of DS 2 though, especially since i already have DS 2 anyway.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 The_Last_Ride

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@The_Last_Ride

I was at some point.... Given the state of the industry at the time I was eager to try out the so called most difficult game ever....

it's not the most difficult game ever mate

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Lulu_Lulu

@The_Last_Ride

I know that now, :).

Its a shame really, I am genuinely intrigued by the lore and the world's structure. :(

and when did you start saying "mate"..... I swear I don't remember you saying it this much. :o

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 The_Last_Ride

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@The_Last_Ride

I know that now, :).

Its a shame really, I am genuinely intrigued by the lore and the world's structure. :(

and when did you start saying "mate"..... I swear I don't remember you saying it this much. :o

i use it from time to time dude

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Lulu_Lulu

@The_Last_Ride

Never noticed it before.... :(

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#35 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

waiting for bloodborne i skip upgrade version of DS2

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Lulu_Lulu

@The_Last_Ride

Never noticed it before.... :(

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#37 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

Does this mean the game will finally look like what was initially promised to us?

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Byshop  Moderator

@c_rakestraw said:
@Byshop said:

@The_Last_Ride: Yes, and like Demons Souls and Dark Souls it's awesome. I'm not big on multiplayer, but I -love- the systems they use for the "Souls" games because the multiplayer is actually incorporated into the gameplay/story and not some tacked on feature. The idea behind the work in Dark Souls is that everyone is dead and this is the afterlife, but everyone has their own version of the afterlife world and the dead can visit (or invade) the worlds of other dead people.

It's not really the afterlife. Everyone may be undead, but they still occupy the same world as the living. The curse just means they cannot truly die -- they'll just keep coming back to life until their mind has completely eroded. Though even then, that doesn't seem to free them from the grasp of the curse, if the constant respawning foes are any indication. Locations like Lordran and Drangleic are merely hubs where the cursed congregate in search of a cure, based on either legends (as with Lordran and the tale of the "chosen undead") or rumors (as with Drangleic and how Vendrick supposedly knew of a way to stop the curse).

The justification for the co-op and invasions in the lore is something about the flow of time being distorted in those lands (Solaire explicitly mentions this when you first meet him), and that somehow allows undead to connect to one another. They've never really delved into that aspect of the lore for Dark Souls, so it's a mystery as to how that all actually works.

Thanks for clarifying. The game isn't big on story but it's got a pretty rich lore.

When someone as anti-multiplayer as me starts making dedicated PvP builds, then the game is doing something right in how it does multiplayer.

-Byshop

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#39 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

Wasn't interested last gen, why would I be interested this gen?

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Lulu_Lulu

@speedfreak48t5p

Because of that 1080p Goodness ! ;)

as if that makes it a whole new game. LOL.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#41 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@speedfreak48t5p

Because of that 1080p Goodness ! ;)

as if that makes it a whole new game. LOL.

Of course! lol

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@speedfreak48t5p

I think I know whats going on.... Obviously the the last gen versions are not Technical Marvels infact its performance issues are more than just minor..... So heres the weird part.... You'd think those who bought the game early don't really care about optimum smooth performance, and yet I have a sneaky suspicion that those same people are gonna buy the game again for the better performance.... So, exactly how important is performance to them.... Enough to buy the upcoming game but not enough skip the 1st release.

Fairmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Fairmonkey
Member since 2011 • 2310 Posts

I would have preferred Dark souls 1 since its better but still cool anyways since I didn't play ds2 DLC. I just want bloodborne mostly

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 The_Last_Ride

@speedfreak48t5p said:

Wasn't interested last gen, why would I be interested this gen?

Don't know :P?