Custom GBA SP buttons

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jedi831

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Jedi831
Member since 2010 • 35 Posts

Hey guys, I'm trying to find custom colored GBA SP buttons. I was hoping to find somewhere where i could get replacement buttons that were molded with certain colors (I'm trying to find gold ones). I know I could just paint them but that doesn't last quite as long. If anybody could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

logicalfrank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 96

#2 logicalfrank
Member since 2011 • 1686 Posts

You can get replacement buttons off eBay and a few other places. I think you might be out of luck on custom colors though. I have not seen them in the year or two I've been interested in such things. There is just light and dark gray.

Jedi831

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Jedi831

Yeah, that's all I've been able to find. :/ If all else fails I guess I can just paint them, but I would really prefer not to...

logicalfrank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 96

#4 logicalfrank
Member since 2011 • 1686 Posts

I wonder if you couldn't use either some modified PSP buttons. It seems like they have a lot of colors of those. Keep the rubber pads and just put the buttons over that. DS buttons might work too but I'm not seeing as many colors available.

I had never though I wanted custom colored buttons until now. I am going to have to measure and see if anything is close. The biggest issue aside from size is the buttons have little poles that stick out the side that ensure they don't turn in place and make it so you can't put them in the wrong hole. (Note: that's what she said.) I bet in the wide world of controlers there's something that would work.

Jedi831

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Jedi831

Yeah, I'm not sure. :/ You would think that if anything was going to work, though, it would have to be from another nintendo product. The original DS has buttons very similar to the GBA SP, I wonder if you those would work.