Console Zelda games or Portable Zelda games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

StatusShuffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 StatusShuffle
Member since 2012 • 1908 Posts
On console side you have LTTP, the original 2, the CD-I games, Windwaker, TP, Skyward, OoT, and MM. On the Portable side you have Links Awakening, the DX version of awakening with extra content and color, Oracle of Seasons, the most in depth zelda to date, Oracle of ages, Minish Cap, LTTP with extra content, OoT with Extra content and with an option for 3D without glasses and better controls, Sprite tracks, and enhanced version of the First Zelda game with better controls and save options, and Phantom Hourglass. Which are better, portable Zelda games or Console Zelda games?
jpm1276

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 jpm1276
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

Both console and handheld Zelda games are great. When I was younger and had more time to play handheld games, Zelda was perfect. They were huge ame that fit in your pocket. Now days. I would much rather play a console Zelda over a handheld. I think you have a deeper experience on console games.

R-Mak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 R-Mak
Member since 2008 • 55 Posts

Link to the Past and The Minish Cap are awesome but everyone knows that Ocarina of Time is the sh!t..

NiKva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 NiKva
Member since 2010 • 8181 Posts
I prefer to play portable games, but I would say that the consoles hold the most memorable Zelda games.
assasin1031

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 assasin1031
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

ok this shouldnt even be a discussion honestly. aside from minish cap ALL THE HANDHELD GAMES WERE AWFUL! phantom hourglass and spirit tracks are two games built around the concept of touch based controlling and poorly done if i might add. the fact that people ever try to defend their statement of they are better than the console games is just sad. the only handheld game that MIGHT beat out a console game was minish cap aganist wind waker. not saying that wind waker was bad but from my stand point and so many other people's it was the worst of the console games.

assasin1031

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 assasin1031
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
link to the past originally was a console game so half that statement is invalid
tchurch95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 tchurch95
Member since 2013 • 86 Posts

ok this shouldnt even be a discussion honestly. aside from minish cap ALL THE HANDHELD GAMES WERE AWFUL! phantom hourglass and spirit tracks are two games built around the concept of touch based controlling and poorly done if i might add. the fact that people ever try to defend their statement of they are better than the console games is just sad. the only handheld game that MIGHT beat out a console game was minish cap aganist wind waker. not saying that wind waker was bad but from my stand point and so many other people's it was the worst of the console games.

assasin1031
I will remind you that this is a discussion, not a throwdown. Discussions are typically friendly endeavors involving enlightening and/or learning experiences on behalf of all involved parties. Throwdowns are tooth-and-nail situations of aggression and overly passionate ranting. Saying that this shouldn't be a discussion is cruel. What kind of person answers a question with "you shouldn't be asking a question that is so apparent?" It just seems mean. Someone came here to be informed and instead ended up having abrasive, opinion-based judgments thrust in their face. Also, in the act of stating your own brash opinions, you managed to heedlessly open the door to offending others who have opposite opinions. Not once did you say "in my opinion," which is a phrase that is universally used to remind people that everyone has their own, and all can be correct. You used "from my standpoint" but quickly followed it up by saying "and so many other people's," a phrase that is grammatically incorrect and completely arbitrary. Your word is not law. The handheld games were not awful. Touch-based controls are not poorly done. And certainly, someone defending "their statement of they are better than the console games" is NOT sad. It is their entitlement. Your harshness, your severity in labeling everyone else a fool who even has a flicker of a thought that contradicts your own is just despicable. I hope I'm not the only one in saying that it is incredibly hard for me to tolerate such close-mindedness and lack of consideration. Listen closely: I trust you to have your own opinion, but I don't trust you thus far in sharing it without hurting others' feelings. Let me remind everyone that the best way to learn if you like something is to try it for yourself, and sometimes that's the only way to go about it, or else you will run into others who will rub their opinion in your face so hard, it'll prevent you from making one of your best decisions as a gamer: to play the game(s) in question. As for my own recommendation: I have never played a Zelda game I didn't at least appreciate, if not like or love. I loved The Minish Cap. I liked Phantom Hourglass. I loved Spirit Tracks. Play whichever ones you can, and I guarantee you will at least appreciate them if you consider yourself a fan of Zelda thus far.