Competitive Multiplayer you can relax too?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts

What games can you relax and enjoy competitively?

Most games I play I can't just chillax as I end up playing badly: Call of Duty, PES12 (not as bad though), Battlefield...

I can relax in a game like Dirt 3 because I know I have no chance against the hardcore racers online as it is :P

LiftedHeadshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 LiftedHeadshot
Member since 2009 • 2460 Posts
Counter Strike Source in a semi competitive pub is very relaxing
gpuFX16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 gpuFX16
Member since 2006 • 1296 Posts

I'm a pretty laid back person, but I tend to stay alert in most of the multiplayer games I play. Most of the time it's because I don't want to drag the team down. I'm definitely not the best at multiplayer, but there's a few games in which I can do moderately well. I'm pretty tense in Dirt 3 actually. I'm constantly looking at the times while trying to get the corners right and not miss the pacenotes. (*Crashes into snow bank* She said tightens on exit *Facepalm*)

I can relax in Mortal Kombat and Forza, because I know there's no way I'm getting close to winning there.

Silos911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Silos911
Member since 2010 • 615 Posts

Halo: Reach. I'm pretty good at it and just find it fun whenever I play it. Any game mode to, however if I really want to relax and just kill some time I'll just play infection.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#5 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
Call of Duty. It's easy after a while. Some servers are easier than others, etc.
gpuFX16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 gpuFX16
Member since 2006 • 1296 Posts

Halo: Reach. I'm pretty good at it and just find it fun whenever I play it. Any game mode to, however if I really want to relax and just kill some time I'll just play infection.

Silos911

Heh. I don't take Infection or Action Sack seriously at all. I go there for some quick laughs. I can chill there.

eBentl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 eBentl
Member since 2009 • 531 Posts

If I relax in Blops I just end up choosing rediculous load outs for fun and getting dominated

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#8 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts
Frozen Synapse is really great as it works in passive turns that allow you to play while occupied in other activities say... browing the web or running multiple games at once. It's deep and it jogs your strategic problem solving while not getting you frustrated.
NiKva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 NiKva
Member since 2010 • 8181 Posts
The Halo series' multiplayer experience is pretty relaxing. I don't ever get frustrated, unless the other team is spawn killing :( I found Battlefield: Bad Company 2's multiplayer to be quite fun, too. I just got it today, and on my first game I went 28-14, but my team still lost :(
SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
[QUOTE="NiKva"]The Halo series' multiplayer experience is pretty relaxing. I don't ever get frustrated, unless the other team is spawn killing :( I found Battlefield: Bad Company 2's multiplayer to be quite fun, too. I just got it today, and on my first game I went 28-14, but my team still lost :(

BC2 is good, except for the spawn killing, that game is the worst for spawn killing. Once you experience it you will know. :P
Reptylus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Reptylus
Member since 2009 • 1875 Posts
Golf (which game exactly is a matter of preference). A great skill based competitive game without haste, anger and hate. One of the few online game genres where you get compliments for your win instead of death threats. Relaxing in every aspect.
Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

[QUOTE="NiKva"]The Halo series' multiplayer experience is pretty relaxing. I don't ever get frustrated, unless the other team is spawn killing :( I found Battlefield: Bad Company 2's multiplayer to be quite fun, too. I just got it today, and on my first game I went 28-14, but my team still lost :(SaltyMeatballs
BC2 is good, except for the spawn killing, that game is the worst for spawn killing. Once you experience it you will know. :P

I never had problems with that in BC2. Its BF3 where I get it most.

I don't really relax as such because to play cmpetitively means being alert and ready for things. Also My games aren't games you can sit back and relax with anyway :P

brucecambell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 brucecambell
Member since 2011 • 1489 Posts

You cant relax in a MP game in todays world. Not with all this stat tracking. if i just want to screw around & play dumb the entire match, the game wiil track my stats & will affect my leaderboard score, K/D, all that nonsense. I remember the days where we had ranked matches & unranked matches. Now every match is a ranked match, which means you can never relax & have fun.

Mp today is too serious for fun anymore, this is why im getting tired of it. All this stat tracking, all the try hards online, all the ranking up & unlocking things, it just sucks the life & fun out of it. Last time i was relaxed & had fun with a MP game was with GRAW, Far Cry Instincts, Splinter cell Chaos Theory, Halo 2 & 3, Star Wars Battlefront 2, GOW1, COD3 & a few others. Those were released yrs ago before all MP games became RPGs.

Actually Call of Juarez BOB comes to mind as the last somewhat relaxing MP game ive played in recent yrs.