Chrono Cross - PS3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MasterKingMP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MasterKingMP
Member since 2008 • 1740 Posts
I borrowed Chrono Cross from my manager. I love the game, enjoying it very much. However, I have a question and seek help. I'm about 8 hours into the game, and this didn't happen until just recently. Whenever I am fighting, when I go to use an element, it works a couple times, then the game gets stuck during the time that they are casting the spell, it just stays like that, they just are stuck casting and nothing happens. Now, is this the game, or my PS3 that is causing this? The disc looks fine, has no scratches, I cleaned it once.
N3MO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 N3MO
Member since 2002 • 20333 Posts
When I played bit of CC on my PS3. I had some visual hiccups at the title screen and some menu flickering randomly during battle. Nothing gamebreaking. I have a 60GB model. But I don't think it matters since PSX emulation is all software based in every PS3 model.
OneWingedAngeI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 OneWingedAngeI
Member since 2003 • 9448 Posts
I actually read something about people having problems with this particular title. Unfortunately I do not remember the specifics, but it is a known issue. If you search google something might turn up. It's not just your system acting up though.
wizdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 wizdom
Member since 2003 • 10111 Posts

I borrowed Chrono Cross from my manager. I love the game, enjoying it very much. However, I have a question and seek help. I'm about 8 hours into the game, and this didn't happen until just recently. Whenever I am fighting, when I go to use an element, it works a couple times, then the game gets stuck during the time that they are casting the spell, it just stays like that, they just are stuck casting and nothing happens. Now, is this the game, or my PS3 that is causing this? The disc looks fine, has no scratches, I cleaned it once. MasterKingMP

seems like its more of a system problem, no reviewers that reviewers that reviewed the game complain about this issure you are having.

OneWingedAngeI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 OneWingedAngeI
Member since 2003 • 9448 Posts

[QUOTE="MasterKingMP"]I borrowed Chrono Cross from my manager. I love the game, enjoying it very much. However, I have a question and seek help. I'm about 8 hours into the game, and this didn't happen until just recently. Whenever I am fighting, when I go to use an element, it works a couple times, then the game gets stuck during the time that they are casting the spell, it just stays like that, they just are stuck casting and nothing happens. Now, is this the game, or my PS3 that is causing this? The disc looks fine, has no scratches, I cleaned it once. wizdom

seems like its more of a system problem, no reviewers that reviewers that reviewed the game complain about this issure you are having.

yeah its just on the ps3. if you google chrono cross ps3 freeze there are a lot of people complaining.

Pirate_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 Pirate_X
Member since 2005 • 168 Posts
Why don't they release this game for the PSN. It has an overwhelming amounts of positive reviews.
N3MO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 N3MO
Member since 2002 • 20333 Posts

Based on some digging I found... there are different ways to get around this problem. But the problem is that the game still isn't entirely playable at this point. Some interesting tidbits were that save slots 1, 5, 7, 9 and 10 have a habit of corrupting. So avoid using those slots [They also seem to cause some of the freezing issues.]. Using Slot 2 for your virtual memory solves some of the freezing as well. But the parts of the game that still freeze no matter what are:

1. SS invincible

2. Isle of the dammed

3. highwaman (boss)

4. blue dragon

5. black dragon 50:50% chance

6. dark serge(avoid using element when he use the feral strike)

7. time devourer(when he turn to field of black dragon and use an element)

8. FATE (when she use an element after the countdown)50:50% chance.

9. final boss (original time devourer; after using deluge element)