Choose three games (or franchises) and just rant about them.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

Sniper Elite 3: Why the hell are most of the game's weapons in DLC packs? Really, Rebellion? I see the Kar98k plastered in cutscenes, yet if I want to actually use that rifle, I'd have to buy a "weapons pack" to get it. GTFO. Put those weapons in the main game, assholes. Also, I hate that there's no option to switch aiming and firing from L2/R2 to L1/R1. Why did they switch the buttons for aiming and firing? At least GTA 5 had this option. I hate using L2/R2 to aim and shoot.

Skyrim: Why did Bethesda slack on this game for the PS3 version? It lags and freezes all to hell. It's addictive as hell when I get into it, yet I get lag and freezing up the ass. The same applies with Obsidian and Fallout 3/New Vegas. "Let's make addictive games and screw over PS3 players. HUEHUEHUE" Did they even test these games? You don't release buggy shit and then take customers' money. If it's not working properly, you either fix it until it does work or you don't release it at all.

Any Call of Duty game: There's no reason for me to get killed, spawn in front of an enemy, and then get killed before taking two steps. Nuff' said.

/rant

Your turn.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#2 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

Not one to rant too much, but I'll give a swing.

Current Final Fantasy games - honestly, please get better writers for these games, Squeenix. At this point, having improved gameplay isn't enough anymore. The FF series is beloved most by the stories they tell as much as they are about the innovative RPG mechanics each iteration created. What was your last main game? The 13 series? They were let down by some of the worst ways to tell a gaming story. Hell, I enjoyed the story of 10-2 more, and I kinda hate that title. Seriously, either get your act straight, or end the series for good before you make it any worse

Ubisoft - Stop releasing unfinished games. Assassin's Creed Unity was the final straw for me. It's one thing to have bugs that kill progression, but the microtransactions you introduced are also a lazy way to have character progression. Then there was Watch Dogs which, fun as it briefly was, felt severely lacking in its scope, both in gameplay and in its narrative, and it felt as though you weren't trying hard enough. Same goes for your backwards DRM policies. Where were the days of creating the original Assassin's Creed games, with all the originality? What happened to games like Prince of Persia? I know you have Rayman and Splinter Cell, but those franchises aren't nearly as well known by comparison. Just stop taking the lazy route and make great games anymore.

Only have two so far lol.

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 thereal25
Member since 2011 • 2074 Posts

@gamerguru100 said:

Sniper Elite 3: Why the hell are most of the game's weapons in DLC packs? Really, Rebellion? I see the Kar98k plastered in cutscenes, yet if I want to actually use that rifle, I'd have to buy a "weapons pack" to get it. GTFO. Put those weapons in the main game, assholes. Also, I hate that there's no option to switch aiming and firing from L2/R2 to L1/R1. Why did they switch the buttons for aiming and firing? At least GTA 5 had this option. I hate using L2/R2 to aim and shoot.

Skyrim: Why did Bethesda slack on this game for the PS3 version? It lags and freezes all to hell. It's addictive as hell when I get into it, yet I get lag and freezing up the ass. The same applies with Obsidian and Fallout 3/New Vegas. "Let's make addictive games and screw over PS3 players. HUEHUEHUE" Did they even test these games? You don't release buggy shit and then take customers' money. If it's not working properly, you either fix it until it does work or you don't release it at all.

Any Call of Duty game: There's no reason for me to get killed, spawn in front of an enemy, and then get killed before taking two steps. Nuff' said.

/rant

Your turn.

Skyrim, fallout 3/ new vegas are big games that require lots of ram to cover them.

ps3 - seriously?

Its 2015 - get a pc already!

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Hmmmmmm.......

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Hmmmmmm.......

Pls no. Don't do it.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 gamerguru100

@thereal25 said:

@gamerguru100 said:

/rant

Your turn.

Skyrim, fallout 3/ new vegas are big games that require lots of ram to cover them.

ps3 - seriously?

*facepalm*

Do you ever stop to think that maybe someone can't afford a high end or even medium end PC? I'm a university student with a part-time (practically no time would be more accurate) job. Believe me, I'm sure I'll invest in a high end gaming PC in the future when I hopefully have a respectable paying career, but I just have to deal with what I have now.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@Gamerno6666:

Would you rather I do it else where.... ? In one of your threads perhaps ?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By deactivated-5ebea105efb64

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Gamerno6666:

Would you rather I do it else where.... ? In one of your threads perhaps ?

Try and find one of my thread. ;)

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Lulu_Lulu

@Gamerno6666:

I can wait......

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-5ebea105efb64

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Gamerno6666:

I can wait......

Wait away. You will never see me making a Dark Souls thread. ;)

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Lulu_Lulu

@Gamerno6666:

LoL..... I'l make do with whatever I find..... I can work with any RPG. :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-5ebea105efb64

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Gamerno6666:

LoL..... I'l make do with whatever I find..... I can work with any RPG. :)

No RPG thread from me ever.

..... TC can I rant about Lulu?

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Lulu_Lulu

@Gamerno6666:

I can wait......

And I'm sure TC wouldn't mind if you ranted about me.......

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 gamerguru100

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Gamerno6666:

I can wait......

And I'm sure TC wouldn't mind if you ranted about me.......

LOL anything to add to this thread would be great. I just wish it attracted more ranters about games. :P

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Lulu_Lulu

@gamerguru100:

Shouldve done this sooner...... back when my hate for Dark Souls was still burning hot......

Unfortunately since I've beem back to my usual class of games I've just not felt the need to rant all that much.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 gamerguru100

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@gamerguru100:

Shouldve done this sooner...... back when my hate for Dark Souls was still burning hot......

Unfortunately since I've beem back to my usual class of games I've just not felt the need to rant all that much.

Have you mustered up your manliness to play Dark Souls 2? :O

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Lulu_Lulu

@gamerguru100:

Nope....... I'm looking for Ninja Gaiden instead.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 gamerguru100

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@gamerguru100:

Nope....... I'm looking for Ninja Gaiden instead.

I heard that game can be difficult too. Speaking of difficulty, I heard the team who made Bloodborne were having trouble beating their own game and that one random guy managed to beat the game without ever leveling up. Freaking hilarious.

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 thereal25

@gamerguru100 said:

@thereal25 said:

@gamerguru100 said:

/rant

Your turn.

ps3 - seriously?

*facepalm*

Do you ever stop to think that maybe someone can't afford a high end or even medium end PC? I'm a university student with a part-time (practically no time would be more accurate) job. Believe me, I'm sure I'll invest in a high end gaming PC in the future when I hopefully have a respectable paying career, but I just have to deal with what I have now.

Fair enough. But I hope you at least have a ps4.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Lulu_Lulu

@gamerguru100:

Thats not exactly how it went down...... the devs can beat the game just fine....... what they struggled with was New Game plus........ the happy go lucky random guy who beat the game the using The Waste of Skin build...... so far he only did it in the first playthrough......

Even in Dark Souls.... I haven't heard of anyone beating NG+ using a starting class.....

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 gamerguru100

@thereal25 said:

@gamerguru100 said:

@thereal25 said:

@gamerguru100 said:

/rant

Your turn.

ps3 - seriously?

*facepalm*

I don't. Problem?

Get off the high horse, man. You're not better because you have a PC or *this console* or more money.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 gamerguru100

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@gamerguru100:

Thats not exactly how it went down...... the devs can beat the game just fine....... what they struggled with was New Game plus........ the happy go lucky random guy who beat the game the using The Waste of Skin build...... so far he only did it in the first playthrough......

Even in Dark Souls.... I haven't heard of anyone beating NG+ using a starting class.....

Yeah, I knew it was something other than the regular game, I just forgot it was NG+.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Lulu_Lulu

@gamerguru100:

Yep....... I'm sure some you tuber will get right on it and show those bastards at From Software.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 gamerguru100

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@gamerguru100:

Yep....... I'm sure some you tuber will get right on it and show those bastards at From Software.

LOL. I remember the first time I permanently lost 40,000 souls in Dark Souls 2. I was so angry that I really wanted to **** up the FromSoftware team. Ohhh man I was pissed.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Lulu_Lulu

@gamerguru100:

Thats more souls than you can get from defeating a boss.......

Huge Time Sink.

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 thereal25

@gamerguru100 said:

@thereal25 said:

@gamerguru100 said:

@thereal25 said:

@gamerguru100 said:

/rant

Your turn.

ps3 - seriously?

*facepalm*

I don't. Problem?

Get off the high horse, man. You're not better because you have a PC or *this console* or more money.

You're lucky they even released such great games for the lame-ass ps3 in the first place. Then you complain that there are lags and freezes.

# age of entitlement

The point is, if you insist on using budget hardware, there is only so much complaining you can do.

I'm sick of people whinging about consoles not being able to do 1080p or 60fps or whatever - ffs either get a pc or be happy with what you've got!

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By gamerguru100

@thereal25 said:

@gamerguru100 said:

@thereal25 said:

@gamerguru100 said:

@thereal25 said:

@gamerguru100 said:

/rant

Your turn.

ps3 - seriously?

*facepalm*

I don't. Problem?

You're lucky they even released such great games for the lame-ass ps3 in the first place. Then you complain that there are lags and freezes.

# age of entitlement

The point is, if you insist on using budget hardware, there is only so much complaining you can do.

I'm sick of people whinging about consoles not being able to do 1080p or 60fps or whatever - ffs either get a pc or be happy with what you've got!

I'm entitled because Bethesda and Obsidian were too fucking lazy to test their games properly before releasing them? And I never mentioned 1080p and 60FPS. You don't need that to have a functioning game. 720p and 30 FPS is fine by me. And it's pretty funny for you to call PS3 "lame ass" when it's almost a decade old. Fallout 3/New Vegas were released in 2008 and 2010 respectively. Skyrim in 2011. The console was only a few years old back when Fallout 3 came out, so those problems were probably new to the developer regarding the PS3, but Obsidian should have listened to complaints between Fallout 3's release and New Vegas' release and fixed them accordingly (or never released it anyway).

Since Bethesda had a role in Fallout 3/NV, they also should have done more to test Skyrim. If it meant making the map smaller and reducing the number of quests and characters, fine. I'd rather play a game that has a smaller map and less quests that rarely lags and freezes as opposed to one with a huge map/large number of quests that lags and freezes often. Like I said, if the game isn't functioning properly, fix it or don't release it at all. You don't release buggy shit and then take peoples' money.

Get off your high horse. Stop being elitist. Go back to System Wars if you need to feed your ego, m'kay?

And screw your hashtag. Jesus, now THAT was "lame-ass".

waffleboy22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#28 waffleboy22
Member since 2013 • 305 Posts

I've been holding this up for a while, so I'm going to take this opportunity to let this out. Before I begin I would like to say that I still value this series and I still do think that it and its developers are capable of producing quality games, but, as of late, things have looked a bit grim. That said, I think that, in it's current form, Assassins creed may be one of my least favorite series in gaming, just a rung below call of duty. I'm not saying you cant like call of duty or the new Assassin's Creeds or any games, this is just an opinion of mine. I will say that I have always been fond of the series as a whole and enjoyed it overall, which is part of the reason that this is so hard for me to see happen to the series, but, in it's current state, it feels more or less like a cheap imitation of its predecessors. The best example of the reasons that this series is the way that it currently is is probably last years Unity, a game that shipped more or less broken was plagued by issues from its launch. even after these issues had been resolved, Unity still felt like a game that was hastily thrown together in little time, with mechanics not functioning properly, bland co op, and a forgettable story. Unity felt more like a failed homage to Assassin's Creed 2, a cheap knockoff of a timeless classic that didn't seem like it fully understood what the original was all about, a strange coincidence considering that it was made by the same people, but stranger things have happened, just ask George Lucas. Even if I were able to overlook Unity's still glaring bug issue, which is still somewhat present, the game still feels to me like a cheap imitation of something better, and sparkly and sharp new graphics don't make it inherently better. At the end of the day, i really think that Ubisoft needs to do away with their yearly release schedules and start rethinking their marketing and development strategies if they actually care about making quality games as much as they do money. I still enjoy some games in the Assassin's Creed series, and I have no doubt that Ubisoft's development teams have some of the best designers in the industry, but I feel like their efforts on this game have been wasted as of late and they really should rethink where they want the series to go

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 thereal25

@gamerguru100:

I'm entitled because Bethesda and Obsidian were too fucking lazy to test their games properly before releasing them?

I hope you didn't just get the game on release and expect it to be bug free...

And if it makes you feel any better fallout 3 had some pretty serious crashing issues with many pc setups too...

Since Bethesda had a role in Fallout 3/NV, they also should have done more to test Skyrim. If it meant making the map smaller and reducing the number of quests and characters, fine. I'd rather play a game that has a smaller map and less quests that rarely lags and freezes as opposed to one with a huge map/large number of quests that lags and freezes often.

Again, Skyrim was a buggy mess on all platforms when it got released.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu: TLoU?

....?

C'mon you know you want to.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#31 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

Uncharted 2

TPS sections: the enemies are bullet sponges so you have to focus fire on a single opponent in order to down him which drags out the lengthy fire fights to a slog. There is almost no enemy variety to boot and the weapons and ways you can deal with them are equally uninteresting.

Platforming sections: what platforming sections? The game has an annoying amount of on rails climbing portions that are no different than fast forwarding or rewinding a pre-recorded tape. This constitutes dull and mind numbingly pointless gameplay and guess what? These genius developers thought it would be cool that every one of these portions be dragged out even longer by making absolutely every little thing cinematically break under Nathan's weight.

Pointless gameplay sections: Uncharted 2 is riddled with portions that are worse than merely spectating cutscenes. In most cases you can skip a cutscene, but Uncharted 2 forces you to play through gameplay dead scenarios like the opening sequence where Nathan has to limp through snow after an on rails climbing portion. How about the museum heist where you listen to your friend to do exactly what he tells you to do. God forbid you think for once. How about the ice cave where you are forced to follow a man named Tenzen because it's fun to watch somebody play the game one second before you do. What about the chapter called "foreign town" in which you just walk through a town until you trigger a cutscene (that's it)? Even when there's a half interesting puzzle like the one where you reflect light, you have an AI controlled character that plays half of it for you.

Story: It started off somewhat interesting with ties into Marko Polo's travels but devolves into a simple race against an evil military army for magic power juice. It loses its intrigue and cleverness reminiscent of a good Indiana Jones really quickly. I will admit the characters are enjoyable although cliché.

The disconnect between scenario and gameplay: This is something almost every story driven game is guilty of. In Uncharted, the premise is that of an explorer akin to Indian Jones and you go globe trotting for a fascinating hidden treasure. So why is it a TPS? Most protagonists in these types of stories avoid confrontation and focus on exploring and solving puzzles. Uncharted gives you no exploration or adventuring. Instead the game tells you you're on an adventure and you play the parts where you murder armies of men. The Last of Us got it right. The gameplay, setting, and story fit perfectly together into one enjoyable experience. There was no jarring disconnect.

Mario Kart 8

This is basically a rant against most of the Mario Kart series. I'm the kind of guy that believes player input is the most important aspect of a video game. So when a game makes my actions irrelevant on a whim, I consider it horrid game design. Making your efforts null at random is never a good design choice.

Enter Mario Kart 8. This is a game where your efforts don't really mean anything. Sure the racing mechanics are solid and can be mastered, but this only creates a false sense of hope. The items are designed to punish the skilled and reward those without it. Every match is at the mercy of the item system.

Let's talk about the blue shell. This is one of the most ill conceived weapons I've ever seen in a game. It rewards no one and punishes those that don't deserve to be punished. The only person who can get a blue shell is someone who is near last place so when he unleashes it and hits those in the front, he gains nothing because he's too far behind. The item also takes no skill to use as it just targets those who are playing well. When in first place, the item just punishes you for doing nothing wrong. You could be playing the most perfect game of your life and it can all be erased at random and for no good reason.

In past Mario Kart games, when you're in first, you always got shells so that you could defend yourself against most items. The blue shell was the only thing that could hit you. Now, if you're in first place, chances are you'll get a coin which gives you no defensive options and leaves you open to all attacks.

Basically, there was a huge uproar against tripping when Smash Bros. Brawl was released. It was a stupid mechanic that messed people up for no good reason. Well, Mario Kart 8 is basically "Tripping: the game". It's an entire game based around the idea that your input ultimately doesn't matter, because random item distribution is stacked against you. Yet everybody hails Mario Kart 8 as the best Wii U game despite the many actually deserving and well thought out games on the system.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Lulu_Lulu

@MirkoS77:

Meh....... its not fun when you're given permission.......

The Laat of Us was very Good.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 gamerguru100

@thereal25 said:

@gamerguru100:

I'm entitled because Bethesda and Obsidian were too fucking lazy to test their games properly before releasing them?

And if it makes you feel any better fallout 3 had some pretty serious crashing issues with many pc setups too...

Since Bethesda had a role in Fallout 3/NV, they also should have done more to test Skyrim. If it meant making the map smaller and reducing the number of quests and characters, fine. I'd rather play a game that has a smaller map and less quests that rarely lags and freezes as opposed to one with a huge map/large number of quests that lags and freezes often.

Nah, I got Fallout 3 and New Vegas for both $5 each. Hell, I think I only deal with the freezing and resetting of my system because I got the games for a bargain. I got Skyrim a year or so after its release at $60. Despite the lag and freezing, I've had fun times with it. PC players have advantage though. You got mods to enhance pretty much everything, and I heard you got bug fixing mods too. I'd get a high end PC if I had the money just to play Skyrim, Fallout 3, and New Vegas on ultra settings and with mods. I can only imagine how much more fun the games are.

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 thereal25

@gamerguru100 said:

@thereal25 said:

@gamerguru100:

Nah, I got Fallout 3 and New Vegas for both $5 each. Hell, I think I only deal with the freezing and resetting of my system because I got the games for a bargain. I got Skyrim a year or so after its release at $60. Despite the lag and freezing, I've had fun times with it. PC players have advantage though. You got mods to enhance pretty much everything, and I heard you got bug fixing mods too. I'd get a high end PC if I had the money just to play Skyrim, Fallout 3, and New Vegas on ultra settings and with mods. I can only imagine how much more fun the games are.

It's good that you got the games on special. That's generally how I do it too.

Yeah, I put up with fallout 3 making me reset my computer heaps of times - but the game was just that good that I endured it.

To be honest though, despite having a high end pc, I've never really bothered with mods. I prefer the idea of playing what the designers intended.

And also, you can still have fun on medium settings - honestly I don't think ultra settings makes all that much diff.

flashn00b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By flashn00b
Member since 2006 • 3949 Posts

Cladun X2: Because Nippon Ichi Software thought that it was a really good idea for them to use a pixel art dungeon crawler as a litmus test for the most popular Japanese turn-based strategy game, we're now forced to like bad ports such as Final Fantasy XIII if we're to ever see a PC version of the upcoming Final Fantasy XV.

Rise of Incarnates: Similar reasons to Cladun X2, except i care much more for Tales than i do for Disgaea. There is absolutely no reason for a free to play fighting game to decide the fate of a singleplayer JRPG on Steam, but knowing Japan's lack of faith in PC gaming...

Final Fantasy remakes in general: Seriously. Hire Bandai Namco Studio to remake these games. While the battle systems from the older Final Fantasy games were acceptable in the late 80s to mid-90s, we're in 2015. Hell, i'd pay full price for the first Final Fantasy if it used the Tales series' Linear Motion Battle System.

i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36 i-rock-socks
Member since 2007 • 3826 Posts

Turok, why did you grow up and die.

Rant over

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

@flashn00b said:
Final Fantasy remakes in general: Seriously. Hire Bandai Namco Studio to remake these games. While the battle systems from the older Final Fantasy games were acceptable in the late 80s to mid-90s, we're in 2015. Hell, i'd pay full price for the first Final Fantasy if it used the Tales series' Linear Motion Battle System.

So you will pay full price for a combat system that are less fun?

flashn00b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By flashn00b
Member since 2006 • 3949 Posts

@wiouds: I can really only see myself playing the classic Final Fantasy games when playing the Engineer in TF2.

My statement still stands: The combat for the FF remakes are unacceptable in today's standards.

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

@flashn00b said:

@wiouds: I can really only see myself playing the classic Final Fantasy games when playing the Engineer in TF2.

My statement still stands: The combat for the FF remakes are unacceptable in today's standards.

By what today's standards does it say we should get poor game play.

I have yet played a Tales of games which games play is as good as the older FF games. What should be unacceptable is good games getting remake with worse game play because some one is pushing stupid ideals.

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

@flashn00b said:

The combat is TF2 is unacceptable.