Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By WickedChainy
Member since 2012 • 319 Posts

Message to UbiSoft with the Co-op in Child of Light From me:

Don't say you have Co-op... By your standards FF7 had 3 player Co-op because you could pass the controler back and forth... Go Kill your self ubi...

To make this a discussion what do you all think about games lieing about having co-op when it's really just passing the controller back and forth like you could do to make FF7 3 player co-op?

EDIT: So far I REALLY like Child of Light (Other then the missing hair glitch on PC), but this local Co-op label is SO STUPID...

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

lol ! Haha really ?

Thats really messed up. According to the Ubi Blog co-op is simultaneous and in real time.

WickedChainy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By WickedChainy

@Lulu_Lulu said:

lol ! Haha really ?

Thats really messed up. According to the Ubi Blog co-op is simultaneous and in real time.

As far as I can tell the co-op is controlling the firefly which I already control with the mouse... basically I let go of the mouse for someone else to use while I just use one hand to control everything else. The game is good on it's own rights so it doesn't need this co-op garbage to help, but co-op is a 100% lie.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Lulu_Lulu

Well technically mouse and keyboard are 2 seperate controllers in their own right and ATB Systems usually don't let the Characters move, ergo one person can control Aurora and the other can weild Igniculus. Its not as sophisticated as Trine but I think that Child of Light's co-op seems passable....

Gannon27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#5 Gannon27
Member since 2014 • 103 Posts

Co-op is far far better on the XB1 than on the PC. Each player has a controller and you work together in the combat as a team. The system actually works very well. A friend and I had a very enjoyable game working out stratagies. The controls work like a breeze. I have it on the PC as well and co-op just does not work at all.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Lulu_Lulu

@bussinrounds

For Me.... Its always gameplay 1st.

Gannon27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Gannon27

I have absolutely no idea what that means. :)

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Lulu_Lulu

@ Gannon27

He's playing it on PC.... their is no dedicated co-op mode.... You just give the mouse to another person, Imagine sharing a single controller with another person, thats what he means.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Lulu_Lulu

I actually did that once.... me and a buddy played an FPS together... I used the keyboard and he used the mouse... LOL. It was chaos !

WickedChainy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 WickedChainy

@gannon27 said:

Co-op is far far better on the XB1 than on the PC. Each player has a controller and you work together in the combat as a team. The system actually works very well. A friend and I had a very enjoyable game working out stratagies. The controls work like a breeze. I have it on the PC as well and co-op just does not work at all.

Maybe XB1 Co-op is something else, but I bought the game on steam which said it had local co-op... Personally I didn't think much when I read local, but I've talked to people that were tricked by the garbage local co-op tag.

Gannon27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Gannon27

Ummm, that's exactly what my post says. It is much better on console with a controller each kicking back on the lounge, then two of you hunched over the keyboard, one with the keyboard, and one with the mouse. As I said In my post I have played both and the PC co-op just does not work.

Gannon27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Gannon27

Oh I see what you mean the co-op on the PC is not an official co-op mode. We still tried it after playing it on console, yep no good. :)

WickedChainy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 WickedChainy

@gannon27 said:

Oh I see what you mean the co-op on the PC is not an official co-op mode. We still tried it after playing it on console, yep no good. :)

Yep. I think it's false advertising when they're saying the game has local co-op for PC... If I didn't like the game I'd be PISSED... The bosses at Ubi need to look into this because I'm sure even they don't believe this label of co-op for PC.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@WickedChainy

I'm surprized they actually had the balls to pull this off.

WickedChainy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By WickedChainy

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@WickedChainy

I'm surprized they actually had the balls to pull this off.

Yep.. They had the balls to spit in the face of PC gamers everywhere and say that Co-op gaming is giving someone else your mouse. If they would have just said single player only for PC I would have recommended this to everyone, but **** them... Go to hell Ubi...

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@WickedChainy

I'm starting to get the sense that this was never suppose to be a co-op game. It must have been a happy accident when they realised that they could design Igniculus's controls seperately from Aurora's so they said "f#ck it... lets call this co-op" and added a patch for consoles to assign Igniculus's controls to a 2nd controller. They probably thought you wouldn't mind ! :p They think like that about alot of things.

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts

I understand people are frustrated here, but please refrain from going over the top with use of swearing or telling publishers to go die, this is not the environment for that.

Thank you.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Lulu_Lulu

my bad. :(

sorry.