BranKetra's Reviews: Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

My score: 9.5/10

After nearly eight years since I mastered Ninja Gaiden Black, a game I consider the standard of blending action with cinematic presentation, I finally found a game I enjoy in a different way than it. Diablo III features some complexity that translates to simple, but sublimely repetitive gameplay.

The fundamental gameplay idea is combating the forces of darkness and this simple idea (sun is good, no sun is bad, to paraphrase the fundamental ancient Egyptian idea about light and dark which has persisted throughout the past seven millenium) is utilized very, very well. In my time with Diablo III Reaper of Souls: Ultimate Evil Edition, I have not bored of its fundamentals. Those are character customization, plot, and loot.

Although video games could be more diversified, Diablo III starts with character customization which persists long after initially making a choice which branches to many others: Class choice. Furthermore, the name of a player character is customizable. However, games which initially allow for these choices often allow for other customization options such as Diablo III with gear and abilities, and in that regard, the video game industry suffers from a redundancy. The redundancy I speak of could be made irrelevant by making more games with customization in less areas. To add, limited customization in others while using previous games as a collective reference to set a new standard by which repetitive customization is no longer a current factor would be good. Instead, one would enjoy the benefits of more concise, yet, comprehensive game design.

Beyond the gameplay, I have enjoyed this game. The music is atmospheric and emotional, yet detached and idealistic which is fitting for characters who are able to face waves of evil and remain sane, unscathed, and improve in the conditions of Diablo III. A normal human would fall victim to these forces without mystical aid. Diablo III is ultimately a video game and there is a lack of immersion in the repetition of actions because of such things as fatigue and muscle memory being considered factors for the character I play; I chose wizard class and he repeats his movements for individual abilities perfectly every time without fail. However, the fact that it is a game and character stamina is idealized (perhaps inadvertently) is partially why video games, advances in health sciences, and technology in general are intriguing.

While playing video games, ideas are entertained. The thought that humans can fly, a skinny person is strong with magical powers, or hyper-advanced technology is a normalcy are all intriguing concepts. They are ideas by which this medium allows for the cultivation of while promoting human civilization, tenants of the fundamental ideas of self-actualization. By being at the forefront of human imagination, the newest parts of society are made into being with a wider variety of ideas than ever before simply because the human population is greater than ever. Next, advances in health sciences are entertained by something as simple as repeating an animation because that causes muscle fatigue and eventual muscle memory followed by muscle deterioration due to redundancy of strenuous actions. Finally, technology related to human and machine continues to increase in likelihood of increasing levels of stamina. In addition, as science continues to grow, so, too does the path towards improving the human body with this field.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition is a great game with high replayability, decent graphics, and good sound quality. It also features tight controls and no bugs which I am aware of. It features a time-tested idea and great quality. I would recommend it to anyone willing to play a mature rated game.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 branketra

I hope that was not considered grandiloquent in that it is too broad reaching for a video game review. Simply put, that is my opinion and I felt like expressing it.

Avatar image for notorious1234na
Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Notorious1234NA
Member since 2014 • 1917 Posts

Nope imo you should blog if you want more ppl to see your reviews unless that is against the rules

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By branketra

@notorious1234na: Making blog threads is not against the rules, but threads lacking in discussion potential will be locked.

Most of my followers are forum users. I imagine some of them with an interest in this game already have noticed or will notice this thread. Making a user review (which I recently did) was my additional choice.

Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Notorious1234NA

@BranKetra said:

@notorious1234na: Making blog threads is not against the rules, but threads lacking in discussion potential will be locked.

Most of my followers are forum users. I imagine some of the with an interest in this game already have or will notice this thread. Making a user review (which I recently did) was my additional choice.

I meant posting this review on your own website. The "against the rules" part refers to leverage.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 branketra

@notorious1234na said:

@BranKetra said:

Most of my followers are forum users. I imagine some of the with an interest in this game already have or will notice this thread. Making a user review (which I recently did) was my additional choice.

I meant posting this review on your own website. The "against the rules" part refers to leverage.

I am not sure what you mean.

Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Notorious1234NA

yeah too long to explain gg

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 0

#8 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts

nice review ! You haven't played with Alli yet though !

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 branketra

@Allicrombie said:

Thank you. Let's play sometime.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

@BranKetra said:

The decimal point system is soooooooo 2003. Get with the times my man.

:D

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Behardy24

@BranKetra said:

@Allicrombie said:

Thank you. Let's play sometime.

Loading Video...

:P

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 branketra

@behardy24 said:

@BranKetra said:

GameSpot was using the twenty-point system for user reviews as late as last year. >_>

Anyway, I gave it a solid number score as one of my reviews on GS.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Behardy24

@BranKetra said:

@behardy24 said:

@BranKetra said:

GameSpot was using the twenty-point system for user reviews as late as last year. >_>

Anyway, I gave it a solid number score as one of my reviews on GS.

I was joking of course :P

Are you planning to buy Shadow of Morder?

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By branketra

Sure, at some point.