This topic is locked from further discussion.

RenanSyllos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 RenanSyllos
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I've been a gamer for about 10 years now, and I've played all kinds of games you can imagine, from all plataforms. I have a lot of games at home, though I can't find a game to play. I'd like a unique game, different from allI've played before. Suggestions?

amalager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 amalager
Member since 2014 • 121 Posts

Lol. Been gaming for 10 years and you're already bored? I've been gaming since the ATARI days (that's 1972-1984 for you all who doesn't know) and I'm still not done with gaming. So you want unique games huh? Ok, here are my suggestions:

•Tecmos Deception (PS1)--You play as a villain laying traps on your castle and you can perform combos as well. Like activate Buzz saw trap first to send the unsuspecting Victim across the room; then activate the floor spring trap on that side to send the poor guy flying on another direction and finally, activate the ceiling trap to crush him with boulders.

•Mortal Kombat--Finish all you opponent with Fatality moves. The more gore, the better.

•Eclipse War--Generic-looking MMO that feature transformation Cards. You can morph into monsters you've defeated as long as you obtained their cards.

•Minecraft--build something out of your imagination using blocks!

•Utopia--A text-based strategy game that I've been playing since Highschool. Use your imagination on this game coz they are mostly text. Really unique lol.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Sounds like there is no hope for u.. Seriously though maybe you just need a little break from gaming for a while.

RenanSyllos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 RenanSyllos

@amalager:

Liked your suggestions, Minecraft and Mortal Kombat I've played a lot. But I become interested in Tecmos Deception and in Eclipse War. Gonna check them, Thank You ^^

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#5 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

It's hard to suggest games when we have no idea what you've played, what you've enjoyed, what systems you own, and what your personal taste is, which I guess the first 2 things I listed would help with.

locus-solus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By locus-solus
Member since 2013 • 1557 Posts

Okami HD if you own a PS3 (also available on the PS2 and Wii) Okami is a Zelda like adventure game, it has a beautiful cel-shaded art style very colorful, and its long at over 40 hours long.

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#7 ZZoMBiE13
Member since 2002 • 22934 Posts

@amalager said:

Lol. Been gaming for 10 years and you're already bored? I've been gaming since the ATARI days (that's 1972-1984 for you all who doesn't know) and I'm still not done with gaming. So you want unique games huh? Ok, here are my suggestions:

•Tecmos Deception (PS1)--You play as a villain laying traps on your castle and you can perform combos as well. Like activate Buzz saw trap first to send the unsuspecting Victim across the room; then activate the floor spring trap on that side to send the poor guy flying on another direction and finally, activate the ceiling trap to crush him with boulders.

•Mortal Kombat--Finish all you opponent with Fatality moves. The more gore, the better.

•Eclipse War--Generic-looking MMO that feature transformation Cards. You can morph into monsters you've defeated as long as you obtained their cards.

•Utopia--A text-based strategy game that I've been playing since Highschool. Use your imagination on this game coz they are mostly text. Really unique lol.

Hello fellow old timer. :)

Been gaming as long as gaming has been a thing. So far I've only had one case of gamer burnout. But it was when I was getting divorced and trying to see how much alcohol a human body can survive, so it wasn't really about the games. (Also, these were bad decisions kids, be better than me!)

As for what to do about it, I'd suggest having more than one interest anyway. Take up another hobby for a while maybe? Or if you're just asking for game suggestions, I've been having a lot of fun with Banished lately. Maybe give that a whirl?

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@amalager said:

:P

Just kidding with you. Good to see some Atari love in here, I remember ET. After that abomination I'm surprised I continued gaming.

Some-Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11  Edited By Some-Mist
Member since 2009 • 5631 Posts

might be worth checking out SpyParty. It's quite different than most stealth titles - I'd actually label it alternative stealth. been in the beta for the last 2 years and it's been a lot of fun.

basically it's a 1v1 MP game where there's a sniper and a spy. the spy has to do a bunch of tasks throughout a party while the sniper monitors the party. the sniper has to distinguish who the real player is from all the ai mobs. it's insanely intense.

http://www.spyparty.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-7tgWQKJh8

the graphics will be revamped with the new skins eventually (keep in mind it's still a beta).

bowchicka07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 bowchicka07
Member since 2013 • 1104 Posts

Goat Simulator.

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

Just after 10 years? Try telling me that after 25+.

I honestly don't know what to tell you. Try getting into PC gaming if you haven't already. This console gens games are looking really craptacular so far.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227
deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#15 deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227
Member since 2009 • 619 Posts

I agree with you 100% I can't tell if you want assistance from the gaming community or you just want to make a random thread complaining about your lack of interest towards video games?

@SoNin360 said:

It's hard to suggest games when we have no idea what you've played, what you've enjoyed, what systems you own, and what your personal taste is, which I guess the first 2 things I listed would help with.

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#16 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5903 Posts

10 years...ha

dbtbandit67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By dbtbandit67
Member since 2012 • 415 Posts

It's perfectly normal to take breaks. I've been gaming for 22 years now. I'm not old either, it's just that video games have been a dominant part of my life for a very long time. I still remember getting my Sega Genesis Madden bundle for my birthday.

You should at least say which systems you own. On PC I like Hearthstone. I use to collect Magic and Pokemon cards so this game was right up my alley. It's extremely easy to learn, and very fun to get into. You will be surprised how easy the basic rules are but how complex deeper strategy can be. Minecraft is also good and it's available on just about everything, but I think that having a mouse and keyboard really goes along with the crafting system, plus you can install mods! There's pretty much no way a new user won't keep getting lost from their bed if they don't have the map/compass mod with waypoints. You simply are not gonna find the iron and ingot without getting lost lol.

On PS4, Zen Pinball really surprised me a lot. You wouldn't think pinball would be fun on a video game console, but this game really pulls it off. It's F2P but the free table is crappy. They have licenses from Marvel and Star Wars, so they have Hulk and Darth Vader themed tables. You'll be surprised, it's really good, the animations are great. I myself bought the Star Wars pack. Blacklight Retribution is also F2P, and you don't really have to buy any of the money packs. It's much cheaper in quality than the likes of COD or Battlefield 4 but at the same time it enhances multiplayer since you take away many of the advantages players can get who simply put in more hours. It's more of a raw game where everyone is on an even level, so there are less unfair kills and BS.

Xbox One, Dead Rising 3 is tons of fun. GTA 5 is best played on PS3, and on 360 I still like booting up Black Ops 2 and killing zombies. If you're really looking for something quirky and unique, refreshing, maybe you should turn to Vita or 3DS. Terraria and Gravity Rush are pretty good, and on 3DS Animal Crossing is a sort of Sims with a Nintendo twist.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#18 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

The Incredible Machine on PC

I-AM-N00B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19  Edited By I-AM-N00B
Member since 2012 • 470 Posts

I've been playing games for about 8 or 9 years and I'd say that my interests in video games gets greater by the year! There are so many great games out there and not enough time to play them, I don't ever see myself getting bored!

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#20 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Check out Knights in the Nightmare. It's one of the most unique games out there.

RenanSyllos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 RenanSyllos

Thank you all guys for your suggestions, I have a Psp, Ps2, Xbox360 and Pc.

I Play all kinds of games, so I'm open for any suggestion.

But a fun Co-Op Split Screen Game would be nice.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#22 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Maybe u need to take a break from gaming.

PetJel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 PetJel
Member since 2009 • 3725 Posts

Try a genre out of your comfort zone, play on a different system, or even pick up a snes, genesis, ps1 or someting like that and dive in the classics on those consoles for a while until modern games feel fresh again.

Necroplazma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Necroplazma
Member since 2014 • 33 Posts

Psi Ops (Seriously a kickass game, the PC version is actually freeware right now)

Bioshock Series

Killer7

Seaman

Jazzpunk

Neverdead

Dear Esther

Betrayer (when it comes out)

amalager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By amalager
Member since 2014 • 121 Posts

@MirkoS77: Ahahahah. "Edges", so true. If they think that's bad, wait till they see how Samus (from Metroid) looks like in her swimsuit on the SNES.

@ZZoMBiE13: +1 here. Take another hobby or try a different game genre.

It's really nice to know that I'm not the only one who's been gaming since the early 80's.

insanegame377

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26 insanegame377
Member since 2013 • 392 Posts

It may be worth taking a break from gaming for a while, then trying out a few new genres to see if that can reignite your interest in games. If it doesn't then it may be time to stop playing games completely.

IncisionX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -3

#27 IncisionX
Member since 2004 • 208 Posts

Any particular genre you're really looking for? I have some gems to advise but don't wanna waste time with pointless advice :D

RenanSyllos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 RenanSyllos

@IncisionX: A Fun Co-Op Split Screen for Xbox 360 would come nice. It could be any genre

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

@ZZoMBiE13: Well I hope all is well. I had a girlfriend for 2 and a half years and got rid of her for good and than started to take up gaming some time after. Gaming is much more rewarding in my opinion. As you said she wanted to drink and I was certain not to fall into that trap. I'm sure she is still miserable and trying to ruin and run other men's lives. Yee haa I'm free!