Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 DaGump250
Member since 2016 • 7 Posts

Hey Guys,

I plan on buying my first PS4 within the next week, and really only have the money to start of with one game, and I can't decide between BB or DS3. The only souls game I have played is DS2 SotFS on the Xbox One (loved it), but now I can't decide between buying and beating BB first ( I've always had an Xbone so I never was able to before), or just playing DS3 while its new and fresh and then going back and playing BB afterwards, which is a year old anyway. What would you guys recommend I start with?

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#2 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

Dark souls 3, because the game is only just out it will be very busy with players, best time to play a souls game.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11671 Posts

I've finished both and have a clear favorite. However which you should favor is down to preference.

Bloodborne-

Has tighter, more fluid combat that relies on keeping you in the action, almost always. The Bosses 'mostly' are spectacular.

It's very much a horror/action/RPG hybrid game, what stats you upgrade are pretty superficial. As your options are limited in the long run.

Bloodborne is considerably shorter, with much less content and design variety. The game tries balancing this with gross difficulty spikes to extend length.

The game is visually superior to Dark3, and certain world changing mechanics are a sight to behold.

Due to its theme and way it progresses, BB is remarkably memorable. But not all for positive reasons (them random difficulty spikes).

Dark Souls 3-

The game let's you create pretty much your hearts desire. Having both a superior create mode, plus the overwhelming loot & choices in the game.

The gameplay is still a blast, but some weapons seem upright useless. And Battle Arts are less balanced /&_or/ useful over BBs weapon transformations.

The game is heavy on pleasing fans of the first Dark Souls through easter eggs. This is a pro or con depending if you favor nostalgia or originality. Fans of DkS2 will feel a tad disappointed as it only gives light references to that games existence and seems thrown in.

The overall plot seems very uninspired, and thrown together when compared to Bloodborne, it lacks the motive BB had and suffers as a result.

A more fun, freshed out hub world. Making it really feel like a base/keep of the Unkindleds operations.

Conclusion-

I could chat more on each game; but both are very good games. . . However, Dark Souls 3 is my preferred game. Has more options and is a true RPG in every sense-of-the-form. Bloodborne felt like it wanted to be five different games, and as a result is far more inconsistent but that's what makes BB unique.

tanerb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#4 tanerb
Member since 2003 • 1300 Posts

Play Dark Souls first. Bloodborne is a great game but you will have a higher learning curve. I played both souls before jumping into Bloodborne but still struggled. Plus as previous guy said, so many people playing souls now it is a much better experience