Best version of Symphony of the Night

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheDouggernaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TheDouggernaut
Member since 2008 • 182 Posts

What's the best version of symphony of the night that is currently available? I want to get the version that is closet to the original PS1 version.

famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 famicommander
Member since 2008 • 8524 Posts
I liked the SEGA Saturn version. But you can't go wrong with the Xbox Live Arcade version or the PSP version, which is part of the Dracula X Chronicles along with Rondo of Blood.
zaku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 zaku101
Member since 2005 • 4641 Posts

I liked the SEGA Saturn version. But you can't go wrong with the Xbox Live Arcade version or the PSP version, which is part of the Dracula X Chronicles along with Rondo of Blood.famicommander

The Xbox Live version is the closets thing to the real thing. The PSP version however still works great but they changed the voice actors around they sound completely lame compared to the PS1 version.

King9999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#4 King9999
Member since 2002 • 11837 Posts

[QUOTE="famicommander"]I liked the SEGA Saturn version. But you can't go wrong with the Xbox Live Arcade version or the PSP version, which is part of the Dracula X Chronicles along with Rondo of Blood.zaku101

The Xbox Live version is the closets thing to the real thing. The PSP version however still works great but they changed the voice actors around they sound completely lame compared to the PS1 version.

It's not like the original version was a masterpiece of voice acting...I'll take the PSP version, thanks.
TheDouggernaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TheDouggernaut
Does the xbox live version have all of the cutscenes?
Sagacious_Tien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#6 Sagacious_Tien
Member since 2005 • 12562 Posts

Yep. The XBL Arcade version is pretty exact to the PS1 version.

Maybe they'll see fit to re-release it on the PSN as well. Goodness knows - it could use the push.

Kreatzion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Kreatzion
Member since 2003 • 6468 Posts

Yep. The XBL Arcade version is pretty exact to the PS1 version.

Maybe they'll see fit to re-release it on the PSN as well. Goodness knows - it could use the push.

Sagacious_Tien

I believe it is on the PSN.

Avatar image for qazwsxedcrfvtbg
qazwsxedcrfvtbg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 qazwsxedcrfvtbg
Member since 2006 • 67 Posts

on rerelease they changing song for end credits. for some people this not big deal but maybe big deal for other.

no version exact to psx but all version good. cannot really choose bad if get this game.

Ash2X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#9 Ash2X
Member since 2005 • 3035 Posts

Actually "the Best Version" is the Satun-Version.It looked a bit worse then th PS1´s but had a extra-character (Maria) which was playable.But the XBL-Version is actually the best port.Its accurate and cheap.I don´t know exactly about the "Cutscenes" but there was only a ugly one anyway.

acidBURN1942

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 acidBURN1942
Member since 2002 • 4816 Posts
if you hvae a PS3 just download the PS1 version from PSN and then you can play it on your Tv and PSP
TheDouggernaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TheDouggernaut
so is PSN version closer to the original than XBL then?
MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 MAILER_DAEMON
Member since 2003 • 45906 Posts

Actually "the Best Version" is the Satun-Version.It looked a bit worse then th PS1´s but had a extra-character (Maria) which was playable.But the XBL-Version is actually the best port.Its accurate and cheap.I don´t know exactly about the "Cutscenes" but there was only a ugly one anyway.

Ash2X
No, the PSP version has Maria as a boss, and she's also playable.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#13 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts
Any version. This game is awesome.
Jbul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 Jbul
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts
[QUOTE="zaku101"]

[QUOTE="famicommander"]I liked the SEGA Saturn version. But you can't go wrong with the Xbox Live Arcade version or the PSP version, which is part of the Dracula X Chronicles along with Rondo of Blood.King9999

It's not like the original version was a masterpiece of voice acting...I'll take the PSP version, thanks.

:lol: SOTN is a classic, no doubt, but we've always rolled our eyes at the voice talent. Are you telling me the PSP version actually has worse voice acting? Man!

As for the TC, go on PSN. It's downloadable for $10, and should be an exact replica of the PS1 version.

MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MAILER_DAEMON
Member since 2003 • 45906 Posts
[QUOTE="King9999"][QUOTE="zaku101"]

[QUOTE="famicommander"]I liked the SEGA Saturn version. But you can't go wrong with the Xbox Live Arcade version or the PSP version, which is part of the Dracula X Chronicles along with Rondo of Blood.Jbul

:lol: SOTN is a classic, no doubt, but we've always rolled our eyes at the voice talent. Are you telling me the PSP version actually has worse voice acting? Man!

As for the TC, go on PSN. It's downloadable for $10, and should be an exact replica of the PS1 version.

The PSP version does NOT have worse voice acting. I actually found it much better, but nostalgia has made it hard for people to accept anything different. They actually use professional voice actors this time.
Ash2X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#16 Ash2X
Member since 2005 • 3035 Posts
[QUOTE="Ash2X"]

MAILER_DAEMON

No, the PSP version has Maria as a boss, and she's also playable.

Cool...I didn´t know that...well I got no PSP XD.I think I pick one up just to pay Castlevania :lol:

acidBURN1942

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 acidBURN1942
Member since 2002 • 4816 Posts
The PSN version is the PS1 version exactly.
Avatar image for Unseelie_Sluagh
Unseelie_Sluagh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Unseelie_Sluagh
Member since 2008 • 215 Posts
I have the PSN version and it's pretty much exactly what I remembered from the original PS1 game. The PSP Dracula X Chronicles have some changed voice acting (took out one of my favorite lines, too) and the vortex in the background where you first meet Death near the beginning of the game was taken out... Why, I don't know.
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44555 Posts
Well if you're looking for the carbon copy it sounds like the PSN version is the way to go. Personally though I prefer the XBLA version because of the little extras such as being able to play with the graphics enhanced or in their original form along with online leaderboards and achievements.