best FPS before the arrival of Halo CE?

• 166 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

[QUOTE="Emerald_Warrior"]

Then what does "Take it to System Wars" imply? Cause to me it says, "Don't post this here, go post it in System Wars."

thecrypticodor

yes, if he's just going to mindless bash something, take it to sytem wars.

By your logic, why don't I create a topic about Soccer? Then when people tell me I should go to the off-topic board I'll just say 'what? I'm not allowed to have an opinion?'

So your saying that legacy platforms is only meant to be used to praise older games. Critiquing or evaluation isn't allowed.

In ways this forum gets more heated than system wars, mostly because the discussions stay civil with people trying to explain their stance on something. Anyways, I'm going to say Goldeneye. The amount of bashing the game gets in regards drove me to try the game again. Fact of the matter is you've got to become accustomed to the controls again. The game is also designed differently. It doesn't really play like halo in the sense that the developers restricted most gun fights to a horizontal plain. My conclusion is that it is still great. Could the frame rate be better? Sure, but it doesn't stop me from enjoying the game--and in ways the level design is more impressive than what's out their today, given hardware standards of each era.
thecrypticodor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#52 thecrypticodor
Member since 2012 • 240 Posts

If you think that was "critique" then I'd say our conversation ends right now.

It's funny though, you accused me of only telling him to take to system wars because it was halo, but honestly (which I already proved that is not the reason, but you still convienently ignored that post), it seems to me that the only reason you're defending him is because he criticized halo

rilpas

It was a critique not a very good on but one none the less. Alright maybe you got all defensive not because it's a Halo game because it's a game or something that you like in general. On the other thread you got upset because some one criticized the Xbox controllers design. It seems to me you use take it to system wars attitude to dismiss statements that you don't agree with. How about just ignore it instead.

I still don't see what system wars has to do with the appraisal of a games merit. I guess all game discussion has to be positively around here so people don't get all upset and defensive. :roll:

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 rilpas
Member since 2012 • 8161 Posts

so you're saying someone calling systems a failure without explaining why isn't a system wars attitude?

Just what DO you think system wars is?

I still don't see what system wars has to do with the appraisal of a games merit. I guess all game discussion has to be positively around here so people don't get all upset and defensive. :roll:

thecrypticodor

I still don't see what system wars has to do with the appraisal of a games merit.

thecrypticodor

you also don't see what what system wars to do when someone directly bashes a system, so really, I'd just say you're not the brightest bean in the stalk

I guess all game discussion has to be positively around here so people don't get all upset and defensive. :roll:thecrypticodor

I wasn't aware the guy's post warrented a lot of discussion.

Maybe you learn words like "discussion" and "critique" before you use them and start whining around in the forums?

thecrypticodor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 thecrypticodor

[QUOTE="thecrypticodor"]I still don't see what system wars has to do with the appraisal of a games merit. I guess all game discussion has to be positively around here so people don't get all upset and defensive. :roll:

rilpas

you also don't see what what system wars to do when someone directly bashes a system, so really, I'd just say you're not the brightest bean in the stalk

Do us a favor and give us a complete list of every game or thing that you like so we know not to criticize it.:P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

If you think that was "critique" then I'd say our conversation ends right now.

It's funny though, you accused me of only telling him to take to system wars because it was halo, but honestly (which I already proved that is not the reason, but you still convienently ignored that post), it seems to me that the only reason you're defending him is because he criticized halo

thecrypticodor

It was a critique not a very good on but one none the less. Alright maybe you got all defensive not because it's a Halo game because it's a game or something that you like in general. On the other thread you got upset because some one criticized the Xbox controllers design. It seems to me you use take it to system wars attitude to dismiss statements that you don't agree with. How about just ignore it instead.

You criticized the game with no reason involved whatsoever. First, that comes across extremely childish. Second, perhaps people expect to hear some kind of reason.
rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 rilpas

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

[QUOTE="thecrypticodor"]I still don't see what system wars has to do with the appraisal of a games merit. I guess all game discussion has to be positively around here so people don't get all upset and defensive. :roll:

thecrypticodor

Do us a favor and give us a complete list of every game or thing that you like so we know not to criticize it.:P

I don't know, are you going to keep whining like a 5 year old for the entirety of the thread?

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 rilpas

also, I'm reposting this, because... well, the cryptic door has poor reading comprehension, so maybe if I say everything twice he'll understand :)

thecrypticodor

so you're saying someone calling systems a failure without explaining why isn't a system wars attitude?

Just what DO you think system wars is?

I still don't see what system wars has to do with the appraisal of a games merit.

thecrypticodor

I guess all game discussion has to be positively around here so people don't get all upset and defensive. :roll:thecrypticodor

I wasn't aware the guy's post warrented a lot of discussion.

Maybe you learn words like "discussion" and "critique" before you use them and start whining around in the forums?

thecrypticodor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 thecrypticodor

You criticized the game with no reason involved whatsoever. First, that comes across extremely childish. Second, perhaps people expect to hear some kind of reason.Heirren

Where? look at my first post I said the game was alright. I'd give a 7.5 out of 10 thats in the good range. Even if I did who cares what am I'm not allowed to express an opinion? Because it could conflict with someone else's.

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 rilpas

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

You criticized the game with no reason involved whatsoever. First, that comes across extremely childish. Second, perhaps people expect to hear some kind of reason.thecrypticodor

Where? look at my first post I said the game was alright. I'd give a 7.5 out of 10 thats in the good range. Even if I did who cares what am I'm not allowed to express an opinion? Because it could conflict with someone else's.

I think he mistook you with Barbaric Abatar

anyway tell me this: Why don't we discuss politics, cars and sports on the legacy boards?

thecrypticodor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 thecrypticodor

[QUOTE="thecrypticodor"]

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

You criticized the game with no reason involved whatsoever. First, that comes across extremely childish. Second, perhaps people expect to hear some kind of reason.rilpas

anyway tell me this: Why don't we discuss politics, cars and sports on the legacy boards?

Because they're not game related

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 rilpas

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

[QUOTE="thecrypticodor"]

thecrypticodor

so are you saying my opinions on these subjects are not valid?

BarbaricAvatar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#62 BarbaricAvatar
Member since 2006 • 1000 Posts

[QUOTE="thecrypticodor"]

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

You criticized the game with no reason involved whatsoever. First, that comes across extremely childish. Second, perhaps people expect to hear some kind of reason.rilpas

Rilpas, jeeez, get a grip. So you don't agree with me, i do not care. You've destroyed this thread now completely because you're completely unwilling to accept that your opinion isn't the way of things.

Take note of these 3 points:

1) When someone says their favourite colour is red when yours is blue, that doesn't make blue the ONLY possible answer to "What's your favourite colour?"

2) This is a discussion forum, where people discuss and (SURPRISE!) have their own opinions on things. This is how forums have worked since the internet was in nappies.

3) Look up the definition of trolling because you don't understand what it is (Hint: It is not having an opinion you don't agree with).

-

If anyone's breaking the rules here it's you for launching personal attacks on people in a forum-section where the main rule is "Respect others, respect their opinions". I know this because i read the rules. You haven't.

Now STFU Rilpas and lets talk about FPS's, whether they're Halo, Tribes, Area 51, UT, Quake, Painkiller or whatever.

----

thecrypticodor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 thecrypticodor

[QUOTE="thecrypticodor"]

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

rilpas

so are you saying my opinions on these subjects are not valid?

Alright I get what you saying but it's wrong. He shouldn't have to go to SW just to express an opinion on a game. Seeing as Halo CE is multi platform and over a decade old LP is the best place for it. Others have also criticized the game in this thread so why aren't you trying to censor them too? I don't particularly care about what he or you has to say I just took issue with the imposed censorship that your trying to enforce on him. Just because you don't agree with what he has to say.

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 rilpas

Alright I get what you saying but it's wrong. He shouldn't have to go to SW just to express an opinion on a game. Seeing as Halo CE is multi platform and over a decade old LP is the best place for itthecrypticodor

why does the fact that the game is a multiplat matter? :?

Again, just what DO you think system wars is?

Others have also criticized the game in this thread so why aren't you trying to censor them too? thecrypticodor

Again: why do you insist on this flawed assumption?

when have I ever said that discussions on the legacy forums are only meant to be positive?

Please, point me out to where I said that, both me and Heirren have already explained it to you several times

He criticized the game with listing any reasons, his posting method was extremely childish, when you say

"Halo 1 is the most overrated underperforming FPS in the history of games. Duke Nukem Forever delivered more to match the hype than Halo did."

without listing any sort of rhyme or reason it just comes off as trolling. Right from the get go, I told him to take the attitude to system wars

I don't particularly care about what he or you has to say I just took issue with the imposed censorship that your trying to enforce on him. Just because you don't agree with what he has to say. thecrypticodor

Again, it's not about agreeing or not agreeing

it's a simple rule, if you're going to take the sort of attitude where you bash a game in an extremely childish manner without even bothering to explain why, if your posts consist of mini-rants, TAKE IT TO SYSTEM WARS

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 rilpas

Rilpas, jeeez, get a grip. So you don't agree with me, i do not care. You've destroyed this thread now completely because you're completely unwilling to accept that your opinion isn't the way of things.

Take note of these 3 points:

1) When someone says their favourite colour is red when yours is blue, that doesn't make blue the ONLY possible answer to "What's your favourite colour?"

2) This is a discussion forum, where people discuss and (SURPRISE!) have their own opinions on things. This is how forums have worked since the internet was in nappies.

3) Look up the definition of trolling because you don't understand what it is (Hint: It is not having an opinion you don't agree with).

-

If anyone's breaking the rules here it's you for launching personal attacks on people in a forum-section where the main rule is "Respect others, respect their opinions". I know this because i read the rules. You haven't.

Now STFU Rilpas and lets talk about FPS's, whether they're Halo, Tribes, Area 51, UT, Quake, Painkiller or whatever.

----

BarbaricAvatar

take that attitude and take it to system wars.

Thank you

anyway, on to your points:

1) You didn't say what your favourite color was, you said something alone the lines of: RED is the most overrated color to have existed, even pink is a better color then red could ever hope to be. And it was done in a way that fits System Wars better then it does the legacy boards

There's a difference

2) Indeed and if you notice, this forum has several boards for different types of discussions

3) Oh I know what it is. Now take it to system wars

thecrypticodor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 thecrypticodor

@riplas

Alright man I just hope someone doesn't make a stink the way you have next time you make some kind of opinionated statement about something. Opinions and Statements that people dislike are only allowed in SW from now on apparently. Alongside the usual discussion of decade old systems and games that happen all the time there. :P

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 rilpas

@riplas

Alright man I just hope someone doesn't make a stink the way you have next time you make some kind of opinionated statement about something. Opinions and Statements that people dislike are only allowed in SW from now on apparently. Alongside the usual discussion of decade old systems and games that happen all the time there. :P

thecrypticodor

people are allowed to have unpopular opinions here, but the legacy boards is a more civil place, so if I would state an unpopular opinion (and trust me, I have many) I would at least explain where I'm coming from

Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#69 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts

[QUOTE="Emerald_Warrior"]

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

I wasn't aware I claimed he didn't have a right to an opinion? :?

rilpas

Then what does "Take it to System Wars" imply? Cause to me it says, "Don't post this here, go post it in System Wars."

yes, if he's just going to mindless bash something, take it to sytem wars.

By your logic, why don't I create a topic about Soccer? Then when people tell me I should go to the off-topic board I'll just say 'what? I'm not allowed to have an opinion?'

But he wasn't off topic. He posted an opinion about a game that the thread is directly about, a Legacy Platform game. You didn't tell him to "Take it System Wars" because it was off topic, you told him that because you didn't like him having a negative opinion about the game.

A famous person once said, "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll fight for your right to say it."

TheKungFool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#70 TheKungFool
Member since 2006 • 5384 Posts

[QUOTE="BarbaricAvatar"]

Unreal 1, and Thief 2.

And they will still be better when Halo remix arrives too. Because boys and girls, Halo 1 is the most overrated underperforming FPS in the history of games. Duke Nukem Forever delivered more to match the hype than Halo did.

You guessed correctly, i'm not a fan. :D

And don't even get me started on the horrifc mess that was Halo 2. ;)

Blueresident87

It's easy to say this, but it's mostly a hollow statement.

Love or hate it, it changed the course of video games, not just FPS games, forever.

its not a hallow statement, but it is however, a correct one.

GamerZem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#72 GamerZem
Member since 2012 • 526 Posts
I'd have to go with Goldeneye, or Half-Life.
Sphensen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Sphensen
Member since 2012 • 1176 Posts

i say......Golden eye. what say you?

luckykoopsie
golden eye 64, hands down
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Emerald_Warrior

I like the Doom engine based FPS, personally. Great, fast-paced action that's anything but realistic or like modern shooters in any way. They were a ton of fun.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#75 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9578 Posts

Halo in general is one of the most over rated series of games in the history of gaming. Yeah I said it. Go ahead and bash because that is my opinion. othing in the series is great, except for the sword which is played out. Time Splitters would tear Halo ANYTHING apart if another one was made... unfortunately we may never see another one.

Also, someone said the first Red Faction was a horrible game? Since when? That game was awesome, and the campaign was pretty original for the time as well.

Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Doom, Quake, Unreal Tournament are all better imo.

Halo was successful because of GREAT marketing and advertising. Space marines although common now was kind of revolutioary.

I have truly never seen the draw to the Halo gameplay however. I am not saying the games are bad, because I have played them and had a low ammount of fun, but I would much prefer playing SOCOM I, II, III (I know 3rd person... yada yada) or several other shooters these days over Halo.

However, at the time Halo is where the action was at, because it was really just about the ONLY option.

Halo does have the fantasy shooter genre locked up which is surprising. Halo isnt that great, its just that everything else is THAT BAD... lol

I still petition for a new Time Splitters game, which would easily destroy Halo in every category and then some.

That's my opinion, and since it is just that, I cant be wrong... lmao

Halo=Good=Over rated Halo 2 and beyond= Over rated= ravenous younger fanbase

Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Emerald_Warrior

Also, someone said the first Red Faction was a horrible game? Since when? That game was awesome, and the campaign was pretty original for the time as well.WitIsWisdom

Definetly not terrible. Good game. But I do feel that Fed Faction II was much better.

BTW, I wasn't the someone that said that it was horrible, just putting in my two cents.

Sphensen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Sphensen
Member since 2012 • 1176 Posts
Time Splitters 3 was pretty sweet
SonOfChewbacca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 SonOfChewbacca
Member since 2004 • 653 Posts

Half-Life, and it's still the best imo.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#79 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

lol i know games that are better then halo both before and after so to answer heres some for before halo

1-goldeneye

2 turok

3 perfect dark

4 duke nukem 64

5 doom

6 wolfenstine 3d

after

timesplitters 2

timesplitters future perfect

call of duty modern warfare

quantum of solace

goldeneye

007 legends

dagreenfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 dagreenfish
Member since 2010 • 1818 Posts
Goldeneye or Marathon.
conkertheking1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 conkertheking1
Member since 2009 • 876 Posts

everybody needs to shut up and stop arguing over this thread, its about what we all think the best fps is, so stop arguing over wether or not halo is good people can hate it if they want

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"][QUOTE="conkertheking1"] Quake doesn't even have location based damage bro. GTFO.Stefan91x

Why does that even matter? Quake is way faster paced, it doesn't need damage based hitboxes. Your opinion is now irrelevant. Quake live does have cylinder hitboxes for different body parts, but it would change the game style too much.

Actually you suck in multiplayer games, no wonder why you hate Golden Eye and the N64 in general. You have low skill, that is your problem.

i can feel the mad from here y u heff 2 be mad till fatal1ty says u gut a bot http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXwLk08WL98&hd=1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
[QUOTE="Stefan91x"]

[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"] Why does that even matter? Quake is way faster paced, it doesn't need damage based hitboxes. Your opinion is now irrelevant. Quake live does have cylinder hitboxes for different body parts, but it would change the game style too much.JigglyWiggly_

Actually you suck in multiplayer games, no wonder why you hate Golden Eye and the N64 in general. You have low skill, that is your problem.

i can feel the mad from here y u heff 2 be mad till fatal1ty says u gut a bot http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXwLk08WL98&hd=1

No, he's right, you suck. Sorry. You can post all the pc fps game videos you want, but fact of the matter is you were likely the kid always complaining about the controller or the game not working. That's the impression all your posts give, anyways.
JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 JigglyWiggly_
[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"][QUOTE="Stefan91x"]Actually you suck in multiplayer games, no wonder why you hate Golden Eye and the N64 in general. You have low skill, that is your problem.Heirren

No, he's right, you suck. Sorry. You can post all the pc fps game videos you want, but fact of the matter is you were likely the kid always complaining about the controller or the game not working. That's the impression all your posts give, anyways.

LOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
What is that nonsense you just posted?
JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 JigglyWiggly_

What is that nonsense you just posted? Heirren
you wouldn't understand it

cuz u bad

my hand eye coordination is leagues above yours for tracking

Stefan91x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Stefan91x
Member since 2011 • 225 Posts

[QUOTE="Stefan91x"]

[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"] Why does that even matter? Quake is way faster paced, it doesn't need damage based hitboxes. Your opinion is now irrelevant. Quake live does have cylinder hitboxes for different body parts, but it would change the game style too much.JigglyWiggly_

After watching your video it makes me realize how much you suck in Quake Live, let alone Goldeneye. Congrats for self owning.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#88 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

Half-Life > Halo: CE.

I love both.

MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#89 MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

GoldenEye 007, definitely.

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

Y'know... I was wondering why this thread had gotten 5 pages huge... I thought to myself, "What could possibly be going on in there?"

Now I know. And like most things around GS, it has given me a bit of a headache... :lol:

Here's my criticism of "HALO":

I would like to dump it off a cliff, for making regen-health a matter of course for most-all FPS games which came after. I hate regen-health. HATE it. The game itself, talking campaign mode, I did enjoy, though. I liked the story, I liked the settings, and I enjoyed the subtle humor. But for what it did to the genre, I am eternally unforgiving. The other day when I was playing an FPS and my father, who is a vet of WWII and Korea, glanced at the screen...

"What's the red flashing?"

"That's me getting hit by a bullet or an explosion splash damage."

"How many of those can you take before you DIE?"

"Well, see... All I need to do is take cover for a minute..."

"..."

"Yeah, dad... I know..."

:lol:

PS - Long-Live ANY id Software game over "HALO". That's not a criticism, that is my OPINION. No 'tude implied or intended.

:D

BarbaricAvatar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 BarbaricAvatar

Here's the small detail i never got to explain due to fanboys jumping down my throat:

I gave Halo 1 a rating of 7.5 on Gamespot.

I don't think it was a BAD game, i just thought it was hugely overrated and nowhere near as groundbreaking as the marketers had you believe. Worth A play, not worth running back to. I went back to a forum i used to post on knowing that i wrote a reflection of my feelings at the time there just after playing it in 2008:

-

Am i missing the point with Halo?
I remember the fuss that was made about it when it came out, i finally managed to get it last week, and i can't find anything particularly special about it. It's fun, yes, but not what i'd call ground-breaking. It doesn't possess the wow-factor that games like Unreal or Half-Life 1/2 have.
And the AI is really annoying, i don't want bots to behave realistically; running away and hiding like nancies so i have to wander around looking for them. I want them to come screaming at me so that i have just my lightning reactions to rely on as i drill bullets through their heads and sidestep to avoid their swipes.
It's an enjoyable blast-fest, but somewhat hindered by (spoiler incoming) getting halfway through the game then retracing your steps all the way back to the beginning through the same maps, with slightly different enemies and predictable dull weapons. And the "flood" is no different to the room filling up with frogs in Serious Sam 1. Been there, done that.
And while detailed, the landscape is not what i'd call pretty or interesting.

I think the health-recharge feature is bad enough, but the thing that ruined all games after it for me was the feature that you could only carry 2 weapons at a time. Remember how cool Doom and Duke Nukem 3D were? You could kill your foes in any way you chose at any time. Can you do that when you're limited to just 2 weapons? Nope.

Anyway, i'm not going to bash the thing anymore, he's getting such a bad rap here that Master Chief now makes squelchy noises as he walks.

-

Remember Prey? That was a properly excellent FPS, with perhaps one of the greatest intro's ever to grace a game (the abduction - don't fear the reaper). The story was pretty non-existant, your character didn't appear to care that he was on an alien ship, he just wanted to find his girlfriend.

Though that had a stupid feature too being that when you died you went to a spirit realm to achieve rebirth. So in effect you couldn't actually die in that either. I haven't played many of the latest generation FPS's, but is it a common theme now to make body-damage an inconvenience rather than something to be avoided?

-

Star Wars Jedi Knight 2, and Jedi Academy were more traditional in style but none-the-worse for it. Come to think of it, i never got around to finishing them.

TrainerCeleste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 TrainerCeleste
Member since 2012 • 1633 Posts

i say......Golden eye. what say you?

luckykoopsie
Goldeneye hands down. Nothing compares~ Halo 1 is the only Halo I really enjoyed, and in my opinion is on par with Golden eye :)
Kage1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Kage1
Member since 2003 • 6806 Posts

Definetly Delta Force 1 on the PC. Excellent multiplayer.

BarbaricAvatar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 BarbaricAvatar

Kage1

I never played DF1, but had masses of online fun first with Delta Force 2 and then later with Black Hawk Down. The only games i ever bothered to join clans for, good times! Though both weren't so good in the single player aspects.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

Perfect Dark 64, no competition.

It is too bad it doesn't hold up today because of framerate issues and such. If it was remade for PC with new graphics, controls, framerate and online it would be the best FPS ever!

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 rilpas

Perfect Dark 64, no competition.

It is too bad it doesn't hold up today because of framerate issues and such. If it was remade for PC with new graphics, controls, framerate and online it would be the best FPS ever!

NaveedLife

there's a 360 port on XBLA

it fixes the all of it's issues as far as I know and improves the graphics

Kage1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Kage1
Member since 2003 • 6806 Posts

[QUOTE="Kage1"]

BarbaricAvatar

I never played DF1, but had masses of online fun first with Delta Force 2 and then later with Black Hawk Down. The only games i ever bothered to join clans for, good times! Though both weren't so good in the single player aspects.

Yeah those Novalogic games had bad singleplayer. I used to play BHD also. But DF1 was the best in multiplayer IMO.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 JigglyWiggly_

lol at all the goldeneye fanboys
game has aged so badly
the contorls are awful
the framrate is low

ai is terrible
??

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

game has aged so badly
the contorls are awful
the framrate is low

ai is terrible
??

JigglyWiggly_

So, apparently, is your ability to type like a human being or have any meaningful conversation past the contents of your belly-button, but you don't see us pointing that out unbidden... Do us all a favor - Take your 2002 cellphone-text hipster-speak and blow, would'ja? The adults are trying to talk...

"contorls".

This is what happens when you don't stay in school, kids. Take a GOOD look...

Stefan91x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Stefan91x
Member since 2011 • 225 Posts

game has aged so badly
the contorls are awful
the framrate is low

ai is terrible
??

JigglyWiggly_

Do you post another stupid comment again? It depends on the player, the game is not to blame if you are that stupid to play it, you have no skill.

Deal with it.