Best Elder Scrolls Soundtrack (Main Series)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

iamllamapie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 0

Poll Best Elder Scrolls Soundtrack (Main Series) (18 votes)

Arena 0%
Daggerfall 6%
Morrowind 39%
Oblivion 28%
Skyrim 28%

Personally I go with Morrowind (I haven't played Arena or Daggerfall). I am aware Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim are all composed by Jeremy Soule and each game's soundtrack creats an imagining of the game's setting. But if I were to constantly hum one or even revisit it for it's music, the soft English horns and strings would make me choose Morrowind over them all.

• 
osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#1 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17814 Posts

I actually found the morrowind soundtrack to be a bit dissapointing by jeremy soules usual high standards. it did set the underlying tone for future soundtracks though.

however i vote skyrim. from the big and loud title screen music to just the little atmospheric touches when standing on top of a mountain looking at the arora borealis. lovely soundtrack.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

im gonna go with Oblivion.. so many memories running around Cyrodiil and hearing the great music.. especially harvest dawn, thats the best song on the soundtrack imo

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19570 Posts

Morrowind's soundtrack is the only one I can remember off the top of my head, so I suppose that wins.

ObxChillin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ObxChillin
Member since 2012 • 180 Posts

Oblivion.....I still hear that soundtrack of walking around the imperial city......do do do do doooooooo, dododododooo-dododododoooooo lmao

lol I think im talking about Harvest Dawn I just looked it up on youtube. yea its awsome

huerito323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5 huerito323
Member since 2009 • 1432 Posts

Morrowind, easily.

stizzal13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 stizzal13
Member since 2013 • 609 Posts

@huerito323 said:

Morrowind, easily.

This. The Morrowind soundtrack is ingrained in my mind.

NeoGen85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 NeoGen85
Member since 2003 • 4270 Posts

I have a lot of nostalgia with the Morrowind soundtrack. I think we all due. Caprice, Nerevar Rising, and Silt Sunrise are some of my favorites. But Jeremy Soule progressively got better with each soundtrack he did for the series. I think Skyrim's soundtrack hands down is a technical marvel and a lot of that has to do with the budget that was given to make the music. You can definitely hear the difference between Silt Sunrise(TESIII) and the Jerall Mountains(TESV) even if it's the same piece of music. Themes like Solitude, The Streets of Whiterun, and Frostfall are so elegant. Dragonborn, Unbroken Roads, Winds Guide You, and Sovngarde are amazing! And even things like Tooth and Claw are energetic.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

Love the opening music for Oblivion. I always sit back and listen to it when I load up the game. The music makes you feel like your going on an adventure and reminds me of Pirates of the Caribbean Theme.

NeoGen85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9  Edited By NeoGen85
Member since 2003 • 4270 Posts

@behardy24 said:

Love the opening music for Oblivion. I always sit back and listen to it when I load up the game. The music makes you feel like your going on an adventure and reminds me of Pirates of the Caribbean Theme.

Definitely a good opening. I was actually watching Tamriel Foundry's overview video for The Elder Scrolls Online and it just reminded me how epic it is.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

@behardy24 said:

I wholeheartedly agree. I got goosebumps everytime I listened to it.

Overall I'm going with Oblivion though I'm a bit biased since it's my favorite Elder Scrolls game and lots of amazing memories interfere in my choice. After that I prefer Morrowind's to Skyrim's even though I've never played the former and only listened to its soundtrack on my own.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

@johnd13: If you haven't played Morrowind or any of the previous Elder Scrolls games,you can pick up the Elder Scrolls Anthology

from like all over the place. It's usually 80 bucks, but well worth the price.

Pipsies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Pipsies
Member since 2012 • 59 Posts

It's a tie between morrowind and oblivion for me. The opening song of Morrowind makes me smile whenever I hear it

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

@behardy24 said:

@johnd13: If you haven't played Morrowind or any of the previous Elder Scrolls games,you can pick up the Elder Scrolls Anthology

from like all over the place. It's usually 80 bucks, but well worth the price.

I've thought about playing the previous Elder Scrolls games, especially Morrowind, but sadly the low quality graphics and weird gameplay(as they are very old) always leads me to reject the idea. As much as I'd like to witness the magnificence of Morrowing which is praised by many Elder Scrolls fans, I just can't look past the aforementioned problems.

If that project some people are working on, Skywind, is completed though then it'd be a great chance to play an, even kinda different, version of Morrowind.

zaza__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By zaza__
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

yngsten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By yngsten
Member since 2011 • 463 Posts

I've played Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim + all expansions and I love the music in every game, but the soundtrack for Morrowind is the best imo, overall music in-game I feel I must pick Oblivion, so beautiful and befitting, it made running around the map feel like a gorgeous dream.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

Hmm, I would say the main theme belongs to Morrowind, but weighting in the Whole soundtrack Oblivion takes it for me.

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts

I voted Morrowind, but I must admit it gets a boost from massive nostalgia.

iamllamapie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#18 iamllamapie
Member since 2012 • 297 Posts

@Randolph said:

I voted Morrowind, but I must admit it gets a boost from massive nostalgia.

Mine's not from nostalgia. I just think it's a beautiful soundtrack. Very close to choosing Oblivion, though.

stizzal13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 stizzal13
Member since 2013 • 609 Posts

@iamllamapie: Darn you and your thread!!! I am about to reinstall Morrowind. lol

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#20 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5903 Posts

Morrowind