Before It Was Cancelled, Star Wars 1313 Was Going To Be About Boba Fett

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

k-bigpic.png

"Star Wars creator George Lucas looked at Star Wars 1313which at that point had been scrapped and refocused multiple timesand told the team he wanted it to be about Boba Fett, the mercenary whose origins as a clone were revealed in the Star Wars prequel movies."

"Although LucasFilm has said that 1313 and the studio's other cancelled game, Star Wars: First Assault, could be licensed out to other developers, Kotaku has been told by multiple sources that chances are very slim. Development on the game had been on hold since last fall"

original.png

Life sucks.

IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#2 IndianaPwns39
Member since 2008 • 5037 Posts

Can we, I don't know... not talk about this anymore?

Just when I think the wound can't get bigger, there it is.

No more. Just, stop.

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#3 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5903 Posts

Can we, I don't know... not talk about this anymore?

Just when I think the wound can't get bigger, there it is.

No more. Just, stop.

IndianaPwns39

I'm gonna have to agree...I'm so dissapointed

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

Damn... that would have been awesome :(

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#5 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Disney officially sucks. Like so much. Fvck Disney. Hard.

tjricardo089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 tjricardo089
Member since 2010 • 7429 Posts

It really is a shame.

3eyedrazorback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#7 3eyedrazorback
Member since 2005 • 16380 Posts
I've been in a corner crying for a little while now.
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts
i guess there's a chance someone will buy it and hire some of the original designers, devs, etc., but knowing our luck it'd end up being EA and an origin exclusive...
Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

Battlefront needs to be licensed out. It HAS to be... there must be another. :cry:

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#10 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

turtlethetaffer
Don't forget that Lucas Arts has been relatively awful the past few years. I mean, Force Unleashed 1 was so-so... but part 2 was a damn travesty. Maybe they would have butchered this game too.
Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#12 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5903 Posts

I've been in a corner crying for a little while now.3eyedrazorback

And did that help? My crying session did nothing for me...I'm upset on a mythical scale

yellosnolvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#13 yellosnolvr
Member since 2005 • 19302 Posts
disney scum
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Black_Knight_00

63408_4000551310972_546076802_n.jpg.

GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts
Yeah the game looked like it could have been something great. We will probably never know.
JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#17 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

I've read some of the expanded universe regarding Boba Fett... but even then, I don't get why he's so loved.  I mean, we love the guy so much, but he gets taken out like this?

:P

(and yes, I know he blew himself out of the sarlac pit in Tales of the Bounty Hunter)

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Black_Knight_00
I've read some of the expanded universe regarding Boba Fett... but even then, I don't get why he's so loved. I mean, we love the guy so much, but he gets taken out like this?JustPlainLucas
George Lucas has no idea how to properly valorise his secondary characters: people were already nuts about Boba Fett in 1980 after Empire Strikes Back, cause he looks so cool. All Lucas had to do was make the character more prominent in Return of the Jedi. Instead he and the movie director gave him 1 minute of total screen time and made him go out with a burp. Marvelous. Good thing expanded universe filled the gap with some excellent comics... until Lucas threw it all out the window and said "Boba Fett is actually a clone of some latino dude and all the stormtroopers actually look like him under the helmet." Great. They'll do the same with the unbelievably excellent Timothy Zahn trilogy, wait and see.
Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#19 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

Judging from that Kotaku article, it sounds like the development of that game was a huge mess, with "movie tech that wouldn't fit in a game, and game tech that wouldn't fit in a movie."  Despite the awesome trailer, it would have probably turned out to be a disappointment.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#20 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

[QUOTE="turtlethetaffer"]

donalbane

Don't forget that Lucas Arts has been relatively awful the past few years. I mean, Force Unleashed 1 was so-so... but part 2 was a damn travesty. Maybe they would have butchered this game too.

Doesn't matter. Ever since I played Star Wars Bounty hunter as a young'n, I have wanted a sequel where you play as Boba Fett and it was open world.  Disney has killed my dreams. 

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

[QUOTE="donalbane"][QUOTE="turtlethetaffer"]

turtlethetaffer

Doesn't matter. Ever since I played Star Wars Bounty hunter as a young'n, I have wanted a sequel where you play as Boba Fett and it was open world.  Disney has killed my dreams. 

Yet every thing we saw in this trailer showed that it was going to be on the rails cover shooter pretty much Uncharted Starwars.. I can't believe people are actually trying to defend Lucas Arts, they haven't been good for a very long time.. And the best games with the Star Wars license wasn't even MADE by Lucas Arts.. Such as Rogue Squadron series, KOTOR for instance were developed by other devs that Lucas Arts "supervised".. Good riddence is what I say.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Black_Knight_00

[QUOTE="donalbane"] Don't forget that Lucas Arts has been relatively awful the past few years. I mean, Force Unleashed 1 was so-so... but part 2 was a damn travesty. Maybe they would have butchered this game too.sSubZerOo

Yet every thing we saw in this trailer showed that it was going to be on the rails cover shooter pretty much Uncharted Starwars.. I can't believe people are actually trying to defend Lucas Arts, they haven't been good for a very long time.. And the best games with the Star Wars license wasn't even MADE by Lucas Arts.. Such as Rogue Squadron series, KOTOR for instance were developed by other devs that Lucas Arts "supervised".. Good riddence is what I say.

If you can't do the job yourself it also takes competence to pick the right man for the job. In other words, Lucasarts generally gave their licenses to good studios that did great things with them, which is more than other publishers (like Sega) can say. A streak that had gotten worse recently, but still they were a company that had no reason to be closed down entirely.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

Black_Knight_00

If you can't do the job yourself it also takes competence to pick the right man for the job. In other words, Lucasarts generally gave their licenses to good studios that did great things with them, which is more than other publishers (like Sega) can say. A streak that had gotten worse recently, but still they were a company that had no reason to be closed down entirely.

Are you serious?  Lucas Arts has released some of the worse games out there in recent memories..  After the travesty of Star Wars Kinect.. Force Unleashed 2.. And  many others, your really going to stand there and say they were still good?  If anything they are as checkered as Sega.. Furthermore nothing is stopping Disney from creating their own publishing group to send Star Wars games to devs already.. 

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Black_Knight_00

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"]

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

sSubZerOo

Are you serious?  Lucas Arts has released some of the worse games out there in recent memories..  After the travesty of Star Wars Kinect.. Force Unleashed 2.. And  many others, your really going to stand there and say they were still good?  If anything they are as checkered as Sega.. Furthermore nothing is stopping Disney from creating their own publishing group to send Star Wars games to devs already.. 

What are these many terrible games you speak of?
lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#25 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44562 Posts
would have been cool to get new resources for some YouTube user to make a fresh Fette's Vette music video