Beautiful Katamari demo is on XBL

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts

As a longtime Katamari Damancy fan whose enthusiasm for the franchise has been steadily diminishing (I loved the first, enjoyed the second, skipped the third) I was underwhelmed (it plays like all the other Katamaris) but I'm sure people new to the franchise will love it due to its charming graphics (one can't stick a knife between its graphics and those of the PS2 prequels, but the art style is nice) and unique to the series gameplay.

JDUB_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#2 JDUB_x
Member since 2003 • 2828 Posts

You may want to Edit the title of this thread, people might think you are implying that the game is up on the marketplace for download.

EDIT: oh I see, the Demo is up on marketplace. okay

You may want to put Demo in the thread title. just a sugestion:)

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44504 Posts
Yeah I checked it out earlier. I enjoyed the first Katamari game but never got around to playing the other two so I'm not really too burnt out on the games yet. It does certainly look pretty much identical to the other games although I agree that the artstyle is nice. Hopefully this game will be reasonably priced. If so I'll more then likely pick it up because playing something like this online might be pretty fun.
UpInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#4 UpInFlames
Member since 2004 • 13301 Posts

Yeah, I'm a huge Katamari fan myself, and Beautiful Katamari seems rather disappointing. It's exactly the same as the previous ones, it's like they didn't put any real effort into it at all. What's the soundtrack like? I loved the first one, but the second one wasn't so hot.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 CarnageHeart

Yeah, I'm a huge Katamari fan myself, and Beautiful Katamari seems rather disappointing. It's exactly the same as the previous ones, it's like they didn't put any real effort into it at all. What's the soundtrack like? I loved the first one, but the second one wasn't so hot.

UpInFlames

The song on offer didn't stick in my mind, to be honest.

musicXpirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 musicXpirate
Member since 2005 • 3040 Posts
Love Katamari, can't wait to get home and play this.
Avatar image for Shame-usBlackley
Shame-usBlackley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 Shame-usBlackley
Member since 2002 • 18266 Posts

Is this going to be a Live Arcade release or full retail?

If they plan on selling Katamari at $60 (or even $30)then they're smoking crack.

musicXpirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 musicXpirate
Member since 2005 • 3040 Posts

If they plan on selling Katamari at $60 (or even $30)then they're smoking crack.

Shame-usBlackley

I believe it's for XBLA. The first game was only $20 when it came out, but now it's like $30. So no telling how much this one will cost. Hopefully $20 or less.

GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts
Is it just me, or does anyone else see this game tanking hard as its not exactly hitting the 360 demographic....? I mean im not exactly interested myself but its good to see stuff like this on the library for the system...but I don't see it performing very well saleswise.
LOEAnubis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 LOEAnubis
Member since 2002 • 12135 Posts
[QUOTE="Shame-usBlackley"]

musicXpirate

I believe it's for XBLA. The first game was only $20 when it came out, but now it's like $30. So no telling how much this one will cost. Hopefully $20 or less.

It's a full release game for the 360, priced at $39.99 coming out October 15th.

http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=200361

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 CarnageHeart

Shame-usBlackley

At 40 bucks the price is double that of the original KD (if I recall correctly, the first sequel was 30). It just seems like Namco is charging ever more money because they can, not because they are investing more money in game development.

EDIT: Somebody else posted the price before me, so I edited my post a bit.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Archangel3371
Ouch. So that will probably be about $50 Canadian. Too pricey for me especially with all the other games I want to grab in the next several months. I'll take a pass on it for now and wait until maybe the slower months and a price cut before I grab it.
GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts
Ouch. So that will probably be about $50 Canadian. Too pricey for me especially with all the other games I want to grab in the next several months. I'll take a pass on it for now and wait until maybe the slower months and a price cut before I grab it.Archangel3371
Ohhh wow. I thought it was gonna be an XBLA game... yeah $50 is too much for this ill wait until march/april of next year when it will likley be down to $20.
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Archangel3371

[QUOTE="Archangel3371"]Ouch. So that will probably be about $50 Canadian. Too pricey for me especially with all the other games I want to grab in the next several months. I'll take a pass on it for now and wait until maybe the slower months and a price cut before I grab it.GodModeEnabled
Ohhh wow. I thought it was gonna be an XBLA game... yeah $50 is too much for this ill wait until march/april of next year when it will likley be down to $20.

Yeah it definately won't be an XBLA title since the demo alone is over 400 MB. That will probably be around the same time I'll think about possibly picking it up. I'd spring for it if it were $30 but if it's cheaper then that thean that'll be all the better naturally.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 rragnaar
Member since 2005 • 27023 Posts
I own the first two games, so for me the only reason to get this Katamari is if it had some really difficult insane achievements.
Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts
I agree with CarnageHeart, I loved the first but since then its been downhill. This game feels like it has none of the inspiration or uniqueness that made the original so great in the first place.

However I'll be eagerly waiting to hear news about Takahashi's brand new game for PC. :D
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 HandsomeDead
Member since 2006 • 596 Posts
I never played the first one (Was it even released as PAL?) so I hope this one delivers for me as a virgin to the franchise.
vodshuggah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 vodshuggah
Member since 2005 • 37 Posts
Does the demo up on live have the same 3 minute time limit as the OXM version? if it does i'll just stick with the OXM disc.
vitriolboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 vitriolboy
Member since 2005 • 4356 Posts

I really don't see the point of this game, after 2 minutes I was thinking - is this it?

And if they think anyone will buy this at full price they are being deluded

caiaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 caiaya
Member since 2007 • 150 Posts
I bought the first Katamari, a few years back for my wife, thinking this would give her some playing time as she wasnt into my kind of games