Bayonetta 2 and the Wii U

This topic is locked from further discussion.

iamllamapie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 0

#1 iamllamapie
Member since 2012 • 297 Posts

Let it be said that Bayonetta 2 is pretty much the only reason I'm going to get a Wii U. I know, before you have a go at me "What about Mario, Zelda, Metroid etc!!!???!?!?!?". When it comes to Nintendo I'm more interested in Eternal Darkness, Starfox, F-Zero or their most recently acquired IP; Project Zero/Fatal Frame. I want to see what they'll do with them but they haven't made any since the GameCube...Well they havent made any Project Zero's and Starfox 64 3D doesn't count.

Anyway, what do you think? Want N. to touch these IPs they haven't touched for a while? And who else is excited for Bayonetta 2 as much as I am? Which is like 9/10

Some-Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2  Edited By Some-Mist
Member since 2009 • 5631 Posts

what about the wonderful 101 - by the creator/director of Bayonetta who worked on that instead of Bayonetta 2?

But yea, I'm eventually getting a Wii U for bayo 2, tw101, x, etc..

also, fatal frame 4 (Zero: Tsukihami no Kamen) released for the Wii last gen, can be patched with an English patch, and is one of the best survival horror games of last gen along with Amnesia: The Dark Descent and Ikenie No Yoru (Night of the Sacrifice).

iamllamapie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 iamllamapie

@Some-Mist: Although I do want TW101 as I'm a big fan of Platinum, it's not a reason for me to buy a whole new console. As for the Project Zero on the Wii, I'd love to play 4. Only got 2 though. But PZ on the Wii U could be something special.

Not to mention Nintendo hasn't got long left with the Eternal Darkness trad mark. Sure they can get a 2 year extension on it, but if they do it could be a sign that there's a new one in production.

Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

Ill buy it when it hits 20 dollars, like every other platinum games game has.

Although Id prefer they release it on the ps3 and 360 instead since Id much rather be playing it one of those systems instead.

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

@Gargus said:

Although Id prefer they release it on the ps3 and 360 instead since Id much rather be playing it one of those systems instead.

Is that a shot at Platinum? Every game hits 20 bucks at some point.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts

@Gargus said:

Bayonetta was an intensely Japanese game whose PS3 version was complete shit. It put up the horrible numbers one would expect it to everywhere and a sequel doesn't make economic sense and wouldn't have happened if Nintendo hadn't ponied up the dough.

Yes, Bayonetta 2 will fail commercially even harder than Bayonetta 1, but if it wasn't for Nintendo it wouldn't exist at all so Bayonetta fans shouldn't complain.

IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#7 IndianaPwns39
Member since 2008 • 5037 Posts

Yeah I'll be picking up a Wii U once Bayonetta 2 lands. Luckily, I'm a fan of Mario, Zelda, and the other Nintendo franchises that'll make their way on the console sooner or later (confirmed or not) so I'll have plenty to play.

But yeah, I'm getting it primarily for Bayonetta 2 so you're not alone.

iamllamapie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 iamllamapie

@IndianaPwns39 said:

Thank god. When I said it on Wii U Daily I got quite the hate. "Mario Bros. U, 3D World, Pikmin 3! These are enough for you to get it!!!" is what I'd usually get.

But with Bayonetta 1 I remember all my friends mocking me for not playing MW2. I didn't care - guiding a lipstick bullet is more fun than throwing a knife at an army guy's head with no chance of failing.

gamingqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By gamingqueen
Member since 2004 • 31076 Posts

I'm only getting WiiU to play Bayonetta 2 as well but gotta give credit when due, ninty is the most innovative in the industry with their console to portable machine. I hope system limitations don't affect the quality.

Avatar image for klonoafanboy122
klonoafanboy122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By klonoafanboy122
Member since 2013 • 232 Posts

if nintendo made a starfox game in the style of 64 or atleast assault id buy it i loved starfox 64 to death

but then again nintendo already ruined pikmin so what would they do if they made a new starfox game

bayonetta 2 does look cool im still not gonna buy a wii u but it looks cool i loved the origonal bayonetta

IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 IndianaPwns39

@iamllamapie said:

@IndianaPwns39 said:

Thank god. When I said it on Wii U Daily I got quite the hate. "Mario Bros. U, 3D World, Pikmin 3! These are enough for you to get it!!!" is what I'd usually get.

But with Bayonetta 1 I remember all my friends mocking me for not playing MW2. I didn't care - guiding a lipstick bullet is more fun than throwing a knife at an army guy's head with no chance of failing.

The diversity often showcased in gaming is usually overlooked for the trendy multiplayer fad that's currently swarming the market. I took plenty of criticism from friends that were hooked on WoW simply because I didn't play it, for example. While I've played my fair share of CoD over the years, I do think people that exclusively play it are missing out on some brilliant, uniquely fun experiences in other genres.

With the Wii-U, I have no doubt that I'll love Super Mario 3D World, or the new Donkey Kong Country, and so on. The only issue being that, while these games will certainly be exceptional in their design, they'll feel completely familiar. Yeah, Bayo 2 is a sequel but I only played one, where I've played several different Marios over the last 20 years and they so rarely feel any different. The movements, sights and sounds of Mario are always predictable, even if the level design remains innovative and fun.

I think, to some degree, Nintendo recognizes this and that's why they've tried to secure more "hardcore" titles, despite their lackluster success initially. They want to attract that audience of people who love those types of games, even if we're a minority in comparison to other places. Nintendo gave Bayonetta 2 a home, so they have my money. I'm the opposite of their usual crowd that buys it just for Mario, even though I'm a fan.

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts

Platinum games only title to ever get near retail success was MG Rising. Bayonetta 2 will flop horribly at retail, and their will never be another game in the series after that because no one will fund it.

IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 IndianaPwns39

@Randolph said:

Platinum games only title to ever get near retail success was MG Rising. Bayonetta 2 will flop horribly at retail, and their will never be another game in the series after that because no one will fund it.

I don't see Bayonetta 3 happening. At all. However, I didn't see Bayonetta 2 happening either so... thanks Nintendo, for taking this chance that's almost certainly doomed to fail!

iamllamapie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 iamllamapie

@Randolph said:

In the west they flop. In the east they sell relativity well. Although their games don't sell well here I'm grateful they release them here still (With the help of SEGA publishing it, of course).

Platinum Games I bought on release: Mad World, Bayonetta & Anarchy Reigns.

gamingqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#15 gamingqueen
Member since 2004 • 31076 Posts

@iamllamapie:

Vanquish was decent also.

I hope it sells enough that we see a third one.

iamllamapie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 iamllamapie

@gamingqueen: Got that on the PS3 sci-fy sale. Was fun

Some-Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17 Some-Mist
Member since 2009 • 5631 Posts

@CarnageHeart said:

@Gargus said:

Bayonetta was an intensely Japanese game whose PS3 version was complete shit. It put up the horrible numbers one would expect it to everywhere and a sequel doesn't make economic sense and wouldn't have happened if Nintendo hadn't ponied up the dough.

Yes, Bayonetta 2 will fail commercially even harder than Bayonetta 1, but if it wasn't for Nintendo it wouldn't exist at all so Bayonetta fans shouldn't complain.

though once I played the 360 version... I noticed the differences, but I bought the PS3 version first (didn't own a 360 at the time) and after it was patched... it wasn't "complete shit". It just had longer loading times and was a bit more washed out. I'd definitely recommend the 360 over the PS3 version, but the PS3 version is most definitely playable/good.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

As much as i liked Bayonetta i am not getting a wiiu just for that.

They'll be lucky if they sell 100k in total.....

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts

@Some-Mist said:

@CarnageHeart said:

@Gargus said:

though once I played the 360 version... I noticed the differences, but I bought the PS3 version first (didn't own a 360 at the time) and after it was patched... it wasn't "complete shit". It just had longer loading times and was a bit more washed out. I'd definitely recommend the 360 over the PS3 version, but the PS3 version is most definitely playable/good.

Pre-patch (which took almost a year) the framerate was terrible, there was tons of slowdown, the loading was atrocious, the graphics were fuzzy and the colors were washed out.

Bayonetta post-patch may have worked its way up to lackluster port, but when it launched the PS3 version was just a disaster.

WR_Platinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 WR_Platinum
Member since 2003 • 4685 Posts

I'm excited about Bayonetta 2, but I don't think I'll get the WiiU for it, I'm more waiting to see about the next Zelda title on WiiU if by any chance they have some kind of limited WiiU bundle, I'll be all over that!

Bayonetta 2 looks like it will be amazing, when I ge a WiiU, I'll sure to pick that one up.

anab0lic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 anab0lic
Member since 2011 • 374 Posts

@CarnageHeart said:

@Some-Mist said:

@CarnageHeart said:

@Gargus said:

Pre-patch (which took almost a year) the framerate was terrible, there was tons of slowdown, the loading was atrocious, the graphics were fuzzy and the colors were washed out.

Bayonetta post-patch may have worked its way up to lackluster port, but when it launched the PS3 version was just a disaster.

People massively exaggerate how bad bayo on ps3 was... yes pre patch it had issues but once those got addressed it was very much playable and enjoyable.

Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#22 Demonjoe93
Member since 2009 • 9869 Posts

@Gargus said:

Don't most games hit 20 dollars eventually?

VintAge68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By VintAge68
Member since 2010 • 530 Posts

Having played the demo Bayonetta 2 is also one of the reasons I got a Wii U recently, among a couple of other games I am interested in playing on this platform (Monster Hunter, Lego City...). While I expect the retail price to drop relatively soon after release, this has also its negative side, of course: Bayonetta 2 won't nowise be a big sales success at least in the West, I fear.

iamllamapie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By iamllamapie

@Demonjoe93 said:

@Gargus said:

Don't most games hit 20 dollars eventually?

Yes, unless you're name is Nintendo. Their games stay £40 throughout nearly a whole system's life, drops in it's last year then rises to a stupid price. Or if you're a JRPG game on a Nintendo system.

Zjun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#25  Edited By Zjun
Member since 2013 • 147 Posts

@Gargus said:

This.

The game doesn't look like it's worth anymore than just that.