Battlefield 3 MP going to make us "crazy"

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

Patrick Bach has been doing a lot of interviews lately and releasing more tidbits from Battlefield 3. He has Said recently that the MP of the game hasn't been shown yet because he wants it to be done right and at the right time and to drive the public crazy.

"We haven't released much information about multiplayer because we want to ensure that when we do it the public will go crazy"

Good to hear that MP is still their priority

http://enterbf3.com/viewtopic.php?t=1588&sid=e9660cac90c57acd92d8fae00e46295f

Ramen1020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Ramen1020
Member since 2009 • 1031 Posts

This is probably going to be my 1st multiplayer-focused FPS. Can't wait.

dkdk999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 dkdk999
Member since 2007 • 6754 Posts
well I'm not going to get too excited over what a developer has said about their game. Until we actually see some gameplay.
IcyToasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 IcyToasters
Member since 2007 • 12476 Posts

As long as they don't split up the community with **** like having a "hardcore" mode instead of a single, not half-assed setup.

As it is I'll probably only be able to play 40% of the servers if they actually go through with "kill-cam, but with the option to turn it off".

Ravirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 Ravirr
Member since 2004 • 7931 Posts

As long as they don't split up the community with **** like having a "hardcore" mode instead of a single, not half-assed setup.

As it is I'll probably only be able to play 40% of the servers if they actually go through with "kill-cam, but with the option to turn it off".

IcyToasters

Things they need to do

No hardcore

No killcam

Give me a healthbar that only a medic can fix.

Bring back the clip system.

IcyToasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 IcyToasters

[QUOTE="IcyToasters"]

Ravirr

Things they need to do

No hardcore

No killcam

Very much correct.

Mafty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Mafty
Member since 2003 • 74 Posts
dont make 5 different game modes in MP. capture and control and TDM. thats enough
dkdk999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 dkdk999
dont make 5 different game modes in MP. capture and control and TDM. thats enoughMafty
why would it ?
lpjazzman220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 lpjazzman220
Member since 2008 • 2249 Posts

[QUOTE="Ravirr"]

[QUOTE="IcyToasters"]

IcyToasters

Things they need to do

No hardcore

No killcam

Very much correct.

whats wrong with the killcam??? a good sniper wont take more than 2 shots from any given spot anyway...so i dont see the problem of it...all it does it help u learn where good shootin spots are and why ur cover was bad...also keeps camping down...

IcyToasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 IcyToasters

[QUOTE="Mafty"]dont make 5 different game modes in MP. capture and control and TDM. thats enoughdkdk999
why would it ?

BF2 only had Conquest and it did fine. Less modes means keeping the community less spread out too.

Having Team Death Match in the game is reduntant; kill someone in Conquest mode and as long as they don't get revived, their team loses a ticket, and your team is closer to winning.

I would like them to have at least one other game mode though. Titan mode showed that they're pretty creative, but that wouldn't make sense for 2015 :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="dkdk999"][QUOTE="Mafty"]dont make 5 different game modes in MP. capture and control and TDM. thats enoughIcyToasters

why would it ?

BF2 only had Conquest and it did fine. Less modes means keeping the community less spread out too.

Having Team Death Match in the game is reduntant; kill someone in Conquest mode and as long as they don't get revived, their team loses a ticket, and your team is closer to winning.

I would like them to have at least one other game mode though. Titan mode showed that they're pretty creative, but that wouldn't make sense for 2015 :P

I think they need the variety in the game modes for it to be "The biggest and best Battlefield game to date" as they say. They can't do that with 1 or 2 game modes.

IWAOlympus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 IWAOlympus
Member since 2011 • 412 Posts

What's a "clip system?"

Ravirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Ravirr

What's a "clip system?"

IWAOlympus

You don't have 90 bullets, you get a set amount of clips, so if you reload after shooting 2 bullets you lose the rest of that ammo.

YoungSinatra25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14 YoungSinatra25
Member since 2009 • 4314 Posts

Agree with many posters. But no kill cam can't board that train. Camaping is very rampant they need to tweek it though. Make it similar to what Killzone does no zoom in but rather a lock on. And Recons don't fire twice then move, they camp the entire game if there allowed to.

Vangaurdius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 Vangaurdius
Member since 2007 • 671 Posts

The ony way I'm going to go "crazy" is if they forget bad company happened.

1.) Add in the commander.

2.) Add in squad leaders.

3.) Guarantee 64, 32, and 16 player versions of every single map.

4.) Release mod tools to the public.

5.) Health bar system, no regeneration, including bleed out. Meaning, if you don't get healed by a medic your character will die from bleeding to death. Also, where you get shot or whatever injured you should have a different effect. If it's an explosion, add in long term ringing and blurry vision. If you get shot in the leg, add a limp and disable jumping. If you get shot in the arm, you can't use any weapon other than a pistol. Healing should work like it does in does in left 4 dead. You can only heal one player at a time and you can't just drop a medpack.

6.) Clips, not bullets. You throw out a half empty clip, the bullets in said clip are gone.

7.) Go back to the number of classes in bf2. Anti-tank, Assault, engineer, medic, sniper, spec ops, and support.

8.) Show better support for things like VOIP.

9.) Forget about single player, instead, focus on multiplayer. Once multiplayer is finished and working properly, then see if you have time to make a single player campaign. If you don't have time, work on making more maps for people to play on.

10.) Consider adding in a pilot and vehicle crew classes. Pilots are the only ones that fly and carry a pistol with 1 extra clip. Vehicle crew are the only ones that can operate tanks and have a sub machinegun with 2 extra clips.

11.) Tank crews. 1 person drives, 1 person controls the turret, and one person operates the machine gun. This will force players to work together.

12.) Jets need to be included.

13.) When helicopters get damaged it should affect it's performance, and the damage should simulate real life, thus where the helicopter get's hit affects what happens.

14.) Animations for getting in and out of vehicles. This means you can't just sprint to a vehicle to escape because you can get killed trying to get in. It will also mean that you can easily get killed getting out. This will force players to work together.

15.) No online pass, at least for PC anyways.

16.) Ditch Punk Buster. It doesn't work very well, and has never worked well. Find or better yet, make a superior alternative. Who knows, you could maybe sell that anti cheat system to other developers.

17.) Take it easy with the bloom. Too many games use it to hide poor textures. And having played Two Worlds 2, I got skin cancer from playing that and I am now blind in one eye. (not really, but you get the point)

18.) This is not Battlefield 3 Yo Dawg, we herd u leik smoke... edition. Take it easy.

19.) More than just Americans and Russians or whoever is chosen for the bad guys this time. Have numerous nations or military groups like Canada, Australia, Britain, United States, Russia, China, insurgents (take a look at that mode from Project Reality as well, similar to Rush but rather than both sides being on completely equal footing, the insurgents have to rely on ambushing their enemies and picking their fights or they will get slaughtered, hell, just copy it exactly), maybe the Middle Eastern Coalition, and the United Nations etc.

20.) Allow squad leaders to communicate with each other and the commander. Don't allow squad members to do so.

21.) To encourage squads to stick together make them get almost no points for getting kills without having at least 1 squad member near by, and increase the number of squad members they need to be near in order to get points for kills as the number of people in the squad increase.

22.) Let squad leaders request support, and then the commander can authorize it. This way the commander can simply say yes or no rather than finding the squad on the map, selecting the support option, then deploying it. (however, give them the ability to do that as well)

23.) Ditch the current system for marking enemies, and go back to the one in BF2.

24.) Bullet drop in all weapons and the effects of wind (for snipers) are a must. This will clear out idiots who normally play them. Also, give them very limited ammunition so they act as spotters and have to choose their shots wisely.

25.) Adopt an artillery system similar to that of Project Reality. That way only players who are willing to put the time and effort into mastering them will use them.

26.) The commander should get significant experience or points or whatever they are calling it this time for deploying support and having squads successfully complete objectives. Squad leaders and squad members should get huge point bonuses for doing things near a designated objectives.

27.) Allow squad leaders to place sub objectives that are linked to the objective given by the commander. Thus allowing squads to divide without losing point bonuses. The point bonus for sub objectives should be the same. A maximum of one objective and 2 sub objectives at a time for each squad.

28.) No kill cam. The screen goes black when you die, really blurry if you are wounded.

Ravirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Ravirr

ANother thing, no perks.

dkdk999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 dkdk999
why on earth do you guys want no killcam ? it's easy to play shooting games cheaply. to exploit good spots and kill people over and over. killcam is a great for taking out campers.
anthonycg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 anthonycg
Member since 2009 • 2017 Posts

[QUOTE="IWAOlympus"]

What's a "clip system?"

Ravirr

You don't have 90 bullets, you get a set amount of clips, so if you reload after shooting 2 bullets you lose the rest of that ammo.

THIS!!

I've played so many games afraid of that happening only to learn that it didn't even matter...

+1 on the stamina crap. Giving people actual health will nake them responsible, or camp more but they'll suck anyway.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-59b71619573a1

You should all remember that he said they wanted to achieve realism through the graphics and not the gameplay so all these things like clip systems and health bars will be absent. I get why you guys want it and I appreciate that, but its too realistic for a multiplat MP game. If it was only on the PC like the old days then sure it would be fine. But they can't satisfy everyone. They built up a console market with BC2, which was the goal. And to change the MP completely from that would alianate a lot of people. But they did say "A profile system, possibly similar to Battlefield 2 and Battlefield 1942, will be present."

TacticaI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 TacticaI
Member since 2006 • 1363 Posts

That is more comforting/reassuring than an EA CEO saying the game was "designed to take down CoD". :roll:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-59b71619573a1

That is more comforting/reassuring than an EA CEO saying the game was "designed to take down CoD". :roll:

TacticaI

I also dislike that they are saying that. It already was better than COD and its a completely style of game. I hope they don't get too blinded by trying to beat COD, Just continue trying to make the best Battlefield game for your fans. You don't need to beat COD

gopulpfiction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#22 gopulpfiction
Member since 2004 • 401 Posts
[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="TacticaI"]

I also dislike that they are saying that. It already was better than COD and its a completely style of game. I hope they don't get too blinded by trying to beat COD, Just continue trying to make the best Battlefield game for your fans. You don't need to beat COD

I also have don't like how EA is taking the bullhorn approach, just constantly yelling "COD's going down!" at anyone who'll listen. I'm super excited about this game, and the videos we've seen are amazing, but we still haven't seen a lot in single player, and nothing on multiplayer. in the end, what's important is making a great game that can stand by itself. i just feel like if EA continues with this, around fall of this year people will focus on the number of sales rather than the quality of the product.
TJORLY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 TJORLY
Member since 2008 • 3298 Posts

There'll be flickering Eldritch symbols on the screen every now and again, and weird background noises that you think might be there, or might not be. Every now and again you'll be put in games by yourself, and unable to quit. You think you can see people running around in these matches, but you can never catch up to them.

Eventually you'll end up a quivering mass convinced that your system of choice is going to eat you.