Banjo-Kazooie: The Good and the Bad

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-57e190e6cd327
deactivated-57e190e6cd327

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-57e190e6cd327
Member since 2015 • 231 Posts

The Good

• Controls. Banjo controls very well in this game.
  • Small Levels. The game gives a very good sense as in where to go and what to do.
  • Humor. This game is very funny, and I love reading the dialogue, mainly because of Kazooie.
  • Music. The music in this game is pretty decent.

The Bad

• Fall damage. For a game that's labeled as a platform game, I don't understand why there's fall damage.
  • Lives. When you lose all of your lives, you go back to the stage, which is an inconvenience at best.
  • OCD. Each level carries the same amount of items, which could either have bloated stages or extremely easy stages.
  • Pointless Items. You need to collect the notes to get through note doors... which the note doors are pointless, as you still need the Jiggies to advance through the game anyways.
  • Instant Reset. Whenever you lose a life, you have to collect all of the notes and Jinjos again.
Fairmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Fairmonkey
Member since 2011 • 2310 Posts

Half of the bad are really weak criticisms although I did hate that worlds make u get 100 notes or start over. Banjo Kazooie is easily one of the best 3D platformers ever and although not as revolutionary, I liked it more than Super Mario 64.

gagnonov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 884

#3 gagnonov
Member since 2015 • 421 Posts

music is not just pretty decent.. it's one of its strongest points. when it first came out and i heard the soundtrack change instruments but keep the same melody whenever i entered a new location, little me was blown the **** away