Associate third party characters with a specific console?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

Just wondering if anyone else did this- characters/franchises that are third party, but you think of "Nintendo/Sony/Microsoft" when you think that character or dominantly buy those games on a specific platform. Example, Resident Evil, Metal Gear and DMC make me think of Playstation consoles, but Megaman makes me think of Nintendo.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

User Lists: 0

#2 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

Assassin's Creed makes me think of PlayStation, because I've played the entire series on Sony systems, and Lego makes me think of Xbox, because again, I've played Lego games exclusively on Xbox.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17814 Posts

megaman makes me think of sega consoles for some reason :S. i never played it on a sega console but i still think "SEGA" when i see it.

half life/gordon freeman and PC of course. half life has made plenty of appearances on consoles but its a PC game as far as im concerned. same with the mass effect series even though that started on the 360.

okami makes me think of nintendo even though it started as a PS2 game.

final fantasy and playstation go hand in hand for me even thoguh the series started on....i want to say nes...but i think it may have been something else. its probably because i didnt even hear of it until FF7.

street fighter and mortal kombat, oddy enough, makes me think of nintendo consoles also. again probably goes back to me playing those games on the snes back in the day. dead or alive, tekken and soul caliber make me think of playstation though.