Assassin's Creed Unity just become a lot cooler

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#1 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Looks like you can approach your targets any way you want and in many different ways. This made me drool. One of my most anticipated games this fall

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

More ways than one to assassinate targets? I'll probably still just complete every mission by killing everyone. :P

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 The_Last_Ride

@behardy24 said:

More ways than one to assassinate targets? I'll probably still just complete every mission by killing everyone. :P

Really? You don't try to pick them off one by one? :P

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#4 harry_james_pot  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 11414 Posts

Yeah well... I've seen too many pre-release staged demos that promise freedom and options, when the actual game is nothing like that.

I wish they'd use less hand-holding and make the assassinations a bit like Hitman Blood Money. Where instead of highlighting a person or whatever and screaming "This is an infiltration opportunity", they can just let the players observe the area and figure out things by themselves. I gotta say though that I like the idea of separate freerun down and up button, if this works correctly all the frustration of accidentally running up and grabbing stuff will be gone. :P

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

I'm no AC expert, but to me it just seems like a fancier way of assassinating from past games... Maybe I'm being harsh.

I have to admit but that Paris looks amazing.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Behardy24

@The_Last_Ride said:

@behardy24 said:

Heck no. I go in blades-blasting killing everyone around and all the reinforcements that come. I only make a run for it when everyone is dead.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#7 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

Wasn't this a feature implemented in the first game?

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#8  Edited By wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts

Throwing knives, poison, hidden blade, sword, crossbow, dagger, mace...on horse, off horse........combination stealth or predator.

Not seeing what's so different other than multiple entrances into a building. I mean I intend to get it but I'm not seeing what's, uh, up

jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9 jdc6305
Member since 2005 • 5058 Posts

Screw this game and they're microtransactions.

yngsten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 yngsten
Member since 2011 • 463 Posts

One gotta wonder what those "iconic" haystacks are doing next to the altar inside the Notre Dame. It looks very good, but unless there is a way to turn of those goddamn blue/green/yellow etc. lights by just looking at a fellow, I'm not buying. This should really be an option, there are people who like a little challenge without it becoming the next Dark Souls.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#11 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@The_Last_Ride: Looks like you can approach your targets any way you want and in many different ways. This made me drool. One of my most anticipated games this fall

Wait so you are excited about a feature that has been a part of AC since the org. Assassins Creed but kinda forgot in AC 3 and Black Flag.

You are a easy guy to please Ride :D

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

This has been known for a while now.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 The_Last_Ride

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride: Looks like you can approach your targets any way you want and in many different ways. This made me drool. One of my most anticipated games this fall

Wait so you are excited about a feature that has been a part of AC since the org. Assassins Creed but kinda forgot in AC 3 and Black Flag.

Welll yeah :D, but it's even more open now, they don't put conditions in how you should kill your targets as they have always done

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 The_Last_Ride

@behardy24 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@behardy24 said:

Heck no. I go in blades-blasting killing everyone around and all the reinforcements that come. I only make a run for it when everyone is dead.

LOL, you're like Rambo in a stealth game :P

cooolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 cooolio
Member since 2013 • 586 Posts

@Jacanuk said:

Wait so you are excited about a feature that has been a part of AC since the org. Assassins Creed but kinda forgot in AC 3 and Black Flag. I

Um, I could be wrong, but while AC2 was a huge step forward in the series, I did not notice assassinations that were open in any way. I think that what what made the original seem so more open than its predecessors was the fact that you basically go tho their location with out really any help. There was even a map that you obtained right before each one that I believe had not only guard locations, but different points that allowed infiltration.

I have not played the other 2 games in the Ezio Trilogy, but 2, 3 an 4 really did stray away from the since of freedom in the series, and Unity is definitely the first to give you multiple opportunities and such a large area to create said opportunities.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Behardy24

@The_Last_Ride said:

@behardy24 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@behardy24 said:

LOL, you're like Rambo in a stealth game :P

Yea, basically.

*OFF TOPIC* I recently just re-watch First Blood, and I have to say that movie has a lot of heart and soul. I loved it.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 The_Last_Ride

@cooolio said:

@Jacanuk said:

Wait so you are excited about a feature that has been a part of AC since the org. Assassins Creed but kinda forgot in AC 3 and Black Flag. I

Um, I could be wrong, but while AC2 was a huge step forward in the series, I did not notice assassinations that were open in any way. I think that what what made the original seem so more open than its predecessors was the fact that you basically go tho their location with out really any help. There was even a map that you obtained right before each one that I believe had not only guard locations, but different points that allowed infiltration.

I have not played the other 2 games in the Ezio Trilogy, but 2, 3 an 4 really did stray away from the since of freedom in the series, and Unity is definitely the first to give you multiple opportunities and such a large area to create said opportunities.

The thing is that in AC IV there were a few options on how to take down targets, but they mainly had 1 or two ways and mostly had to be taken down in a specific way.

cooolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 cooolio
Member since 2013 • 586 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

@cooolio said:

@Jacanuk said:

The thing is that in AC IV there were a few options on how to take down targets, but they mainly had 1 or two ways and mostly had to be taken down in a specific way.

If my memory serves well, an enemy on a ship could either be assassinated from the air, with a gun and from below when the player is hanging from the ship. I think that I remember one of the last few assassinations ( the one where you snuck in to a party or something as a guess) gave you a chance at assassinating from a bench. Other land based ones either allowed air, ground or gun assassinations. However, as you said, most of the time it was one or two, and I would not really count the ground ones.

watchdogsrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#19 watchdogsrules
Member since 2014 • 551 Posts

@behardy24: i think thats a good thing, got over the sleath idea a long time ago.

watchdogsrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 watchdogsrules

man this game looks really good. i hate the fact that its next-gen only but i got AC: Rouge to cheer me up on that one.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#21 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@cooolio said:

@Jacanuk said:

If you go back and play AC 2 you will see that most targets have a few different ways to take them down, but you are right its not really amazing what options you have, but it isn't the first time in unity, they might have expanded on the feature a lot but they have always been there.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Behardy24

@watchdogsrules said:

@behardy24: i think thats a good thing, got over the sleath idea a long time ago.

Never enjoyed that much of Assassin's Creed concept of stealth where you have to either blend in or travel through the rooftops.

watchdogsrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By watchdogsrules

@behardy24: blending in is cool at first but then gets a little boring but the jumping from rooftop to rooftop is something that i love in AC and it will never get old and i hope they keep that feature for as long as assassin's creed is going.

IamYourF4th3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#24 IamYourF4th3r
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

@watchdogsrules said:

@behardy24: blending in is cool at first but then gets a little boring but the jumping from rooftop to rooftop is something that i love in AC and it will never get old and i hope they keep that feature for as long as assassin's creed is going.

Ditto. But they should introduce other objects to interact with (not just rooftops) so you can really Parkour the hell out of everything.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 The_Last_Ride

@behardy24: But that's not the "right" way to play the game :P

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#26 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I love the AC series, but I'm gonna wait for a price drop on this one. Just too much of the same thing (not that that's necessarily a bad thing), so I'm gonna take a small break from the franchise. I'm sure it'll have a sale during the holiday season.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 The_Last_Ride

@yokofox33 said:

I love the AC series, but I'm gonna wait for a price drop on this one. Just too much of the same thing (not that that's necessarily a bad thing), so I'm gonna take a small break from the franchise. I'm sure it'll have a sale during the holiday season.

I would get it at launch if it wasn't for all the other games during that month