Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag question (Spoilers from ACIII)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Evillefthand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Evillefthand
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
So the new AC game is getting announced and apparently the new assassin will be Edward Kenway, father of Haytham Kenway and grandfather of Connor Kenway. The Kenway's are Desmond's ancestors and Desmond died in ACIII, so who will enter the animus to live the life of Edward Kenway?! Will it be a relative of Desmond's or is Desmond somehow still alive?!?! This question has been bugging me since I heard about Black Flag, and I want to hear what you guys think.
Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

Was it ever said that the game is a direct sequel? It could be a prequel with Desmond's dad.

TheFallenDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 TheFallenDemon
Member since 2010 • 13933 Posts

One of the theories is that Desmond's memories have been extracted by Abstergo from his corpse, and have been uploaded by Abstergo to the "Cloud" which lets anyone access his memories for viewing.

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

One of the theories is that Desmond's memories have been extracted by Abstergo from his corpse, and have been uploaded by Abstergo to the "Cloud" which lets anyone access his memories for viewing.

TheFallenDemon

Seriously? Jesus Ubisoft, just let Desmond RIP...

JBStone1981

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 JBStone1981
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="TheFallenDemon"]

Vari3ty

Seriously? Jesus Ubisoft, just let Desmond RIP...

More like let the IP RIP.
Business_Fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 Business_Fun
Member since 2009 • 2282 Posts

Has anyone been making Henry Rollins references? I refuse to believe that joke hasn't been made already.

homeboylizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 homeboylizard
Member since 2010 • 1289 Posts
God, Ubisoft, AC is getting old. This is the 7th main game, and you killed the main guy in the last game....give AC up and focus on Watch Dogs!
IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#8 IndianaPwns39
Member since 2008 • 5037 Posts

Am I the only one who would be totally ok if Assassin's Creed dropped the whole Animus thing and just let us run around as bad ass assassin's in their time frame while completely focusing on their story?

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19570 Posts

Am I the only one who would be totally ok if Assassin's Creed dropped the whole Animus thing and just let us run around as bad ass assassin's in their time frame while completely focusing on their story?

IndianaPwns39
I'd like to see that too. Desmond's sections were always the worst part of every Assassins Creed game, and I honestly couldn't care less about the continuity or the Big Silly Plot, so it would be great if they simply dropped all of that and featured interesting characters and time periods without the weak framing narrative.
Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Vari3ty

IndianaPwns39

I'd actually prefer that. The present day stuff is boring, just get rid of the Animus entirely.

And get rid of the crazy supernatural stuff as well. 

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#11 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
Personally Desmond was boring.. I'd be happy to just play as a pirate and have some awesome sea battles.
unrealtron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 unrealtron
Member since 2010 • 3148 Posts

[QUOTE="IndianaPwns39"]

Vari3ty

I'd actually prefer that. The present day stuff is boring, just get rid of the Animus entirely.

That would be great. I hated when I was in the middle story and they pulled you back to Desmond.
23Jarek23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 23Jarek23
Member since 2009 • 2647 Posts

TheFallenDemon

I don't think they were extracted from his corpse, the animus he was in which held his memories was hacked. That's how they accessed it post story. 

Not to mention, there's really no solid proof that Desmond ended up dying. 

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#14 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

885845_3846133930634_365574596_o.jpg.

GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#15 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts
God this IP needs to rest for a couple years.. So boring and milked to death.
Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Vari3ty

God this IP needs to rest for a couple years.. So boring and milked to death.GodModeEnabled

This. I thought with Watch Dogs coming out (most likely) this year Ubisoft would give AC a break for a year. I guess not. 

IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#17 IndianaPwns39
Member since 2008 • 5037 Posts

[QUOTE="IndianaPwns39"]

Vari3ty

It really does seem out of place. You'd think the settings only would be enough to sell this series. 

I wonder if anyone really bought ACIII just to see what happens with Desmond.

TheFallenDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TheFallenDemon
Member since 2010 • 13933 Posts

I managed to see the leaked reveal trailer before Ubi took it down.

Nothing about modern day but we do find out that Edward Kenway has "game" and has Blackbeard as a potential ally.

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Vari3ty

Here's the trailer (which I'm assuming was leaked).

Not on Youtube because it keeps getting taken down.

contracts420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 contracts420
Member since 2008 • 1956 Posts

I am excited for this new entry. While ACIII was dissapointing in areas, it was still a fantastic game. This new title being based around a Pirate theme with Naval Warfare sounds incredible to me. Some might be tired of this series, but I know I am not considering there really isn't anything else out there like the AC series. The closest you can find is RDR and Far Cry 3 really. Plus the developers will have had 3 years apparently to create this title by the time it goes gold. So I doubt this will simply be a cash grab.

idunnodude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 idunnodude
Member since 2007 • 2287 Posts

well if he is anything like haytham then id say we have a pretty awesome main character to look forward to. especially after the colossal dissapointment that connor was. he was seriously if not the worst, one of the worst main characters ive ever played as. i would've rather played on through the whole game as his dad, that guy was awesome.