Assassins creed 3: should I buy it?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

shamguy4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 shamguy4
Member since 2008 • 49 Posts

I was thinking of buying assassins creed 3, but I have not played since I played assassins creed, the first one.

I was ok with it and I played it through to the end but I found it a bit boring. It was very very repetitive. I felt that while the world was huge, the missions were very small.

You pickpocket, eavesdrop, and kill a few people that are not hard to get to, and then assassinate a main target, then run back to the base. You do this over and over and over till the game ends. I beat it within days. It was a bit stale.

I was hoping I would have to infiltrate a huge building or something that took long and more asassiny-ish and missions that were longer and different.

Is asassins creed 3 the same thing? Or has the gameplay changed?

shamguy4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 shamguy4
Member since 2008 • 49 Posts

thanks for the link!

actually... I like when things are not as free, in the link you sent me it says something like this:

"One single mistake can cause to start all over. In a mission, I blew up an armory in a castle and jumped out through the castle walls. But when I was out, the mission started from the beginning. So you are not free to do what you want."

this to me is actually good. It means strategy. Im not crazy about the free do whatever you want.

I think my problem with the first game was the side missions and the main missions were so similar I felt there was no main missions. Just that certain side missions moved the game forward. Im not a lover of side quests. I dont make sure to play every ounce of a game but thats what assassins creed feels like to me...

A game with tons of side missions and running around doing little things to advance it forward.

I need big missions that involve going through many phases. dont get seen or start all over is one of my favorites. (splinter cell)

GuckuTheKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 GuckuTheKing
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
You are free to explore the world, climb the buildings, jump around and other things but you are not that free during the missions. There is a way to complete every mission and game doesn't let you complete them with another way. That's a little annoying for me actually. In this game, side missions make you feel like thay are not relevant to the story but they are fun. Like I said before, don't expect many changes, but I think you'll enjoy it. If you are not sure about playing Assassin's Creed III, I suggest you to wait for Splinter Cell: Blacklist :)
kaiserdisco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#5 kaiserdisco
Member since 2012 • 96 Posts

yeah AC1 is extremely repetitive. Luckily theyve changed the series a lot for the better. I personally think that this is the best one yet and in my personal opinion thinks that it deserves game of the year. Im sure youve no doubt heard that the game contains a significant amount of glitches, and yes it does. However, there is nothing over the top horrible at least that i expierenced. The worst of it is you'll see the occasional person's mouth not move or a deer stuck in a wall.

But back to the question at hand. Yes this game is an absolute must buy. I would highly recommend that you play AC2, brotherhood and revelations first because you will enjoy the game a lot more especially the desmond story. They actually all come in a trilogy set for $40 bucks.

Saladin__7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Saladin__7
Member since 2012 • 116 Posts
Before you play Assassin's Creed III, get a copy of the second one. It is quite good.
cbb1018

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7 cbb1018
Member since 2010 • 86 Posts
well me and you are like the exact opposite of each other actually. lolol i have played every AC except for one but i love them all the stories are great and the gameplay is phenomenal and although AC3 has its moments its still one of the best games that came out this year. Im sure if you have $60 to spend you will be making the right choice by picking up AC3.
cbb1018

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8 cbb1018
Member since 2010 • 86 Posts
and i do also recommend buying the other ones first otherwise you wont get the modern-day part of the story.
assassincool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 assassincool
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
if you think ac3 is borin ur wrong! ac3 is one of the most interesting games,me ,my friends and a lot of ppl love it it lacks stealth like in the ezio trilogy but its a fun game to play i suggest you first buy ac2 and acb theyre steatlhy and awesome but after his ac3 should be on ur list!
Dschadir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#10 Dschadir
Member since 2005 • 99 Posts

The Desmond (modern) part is what I DON'T like about these games. Here you are minding you're own business, climbing buildings, sneaking up on people, assassinating 'bad' guys somewhere in the past and then you are suddenly looking for power supplies in some warehouse in modern times. It totally breaks the experience for me.

blackjoann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 blackjoann
Member since 2013 • 34 Posts

I didn't play previous Assassins, but AC3 was great. I really liked it so I can recommend it!

Avatar image for hyperterric2004
hyperterric2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 hyperterric2004
Member since 2006 • 27 Posts
I like Assassins Creed 3, however Assassins Creed 2 and its continuing parts (Brotherhood and Revelations) are still my favourites. Ezio's character is just engrossing. Personally I would buy Assassins Creed 2 first before playing Assassins Creed 3.
CraZkid37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: -1

#14 CraZkid37
Member since 2003 • 530 Posts

The Desmond (modern) part is what I DON'T like about these games. Here you are minding you're own business, climbing buildings, sneaking up on people, assassinating 'bad' guys somewhere in the past and then you are suddenly looking for power supplies in some warehouse in modern times. It totally breaks the experience for me.

Dschadir
The entire point of the series is because of Desmond's story. There can be no experience in the animus without the overall driving story of whats happening modern day. That's part of the beauty of the games. Like others have said, you should really start with Assassins Creed II. You WONT be disappointed. They fixed whatever was seen as wrong in the first, made it better and then added a TON more to make it probably one of the best turnarounds from a developers standpoint. I think it even won an award on here for best comeback or something, didnt it? Regardless, I was a huge fan of the first despite whatever repetitiveness. I didnt mind it at all. But objectively speaking, the 2nd game set the standard for this series. Of course though, following it with Brotherhood and Revelations would be good to go through to keep up with the overall story.
GameGazersDen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 GameGazersDen
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
thanks for posting this. I have asked this question a lot my self
Avatar image for deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227
deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#17 deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227
Member since 2009 • 619 Posts

I was thinking of buying assassins creed 3, but I have not played since I played assassins creed, the first one.

I was ok with it and I played it through to the end but I found it a bit boring. It was very very repetitive. I felt that while the world was huge, the missions were very small.

You pickpocket, eavesdrop, and kill a few people that are not hard to get to, and then assassinate a main target, then run back to the base. You do this over and over and over till the game ends. I beat it within days. It was a bit stale.

I was hoping I would have to infiltrate a huge building or something that took long and more asassiny-ish and missions that were longer and different.

shamguy4

Assassins Creed has changed in certain areas. You still have the side missions and the pickpocket missions, etc. I played a couple of side missions relevent to the main story and moved on. It was a great game don't get me wrong, but it still held the same premise to the repetive nature that was offered in each installment. Now, with that being said... It is still a good story. It does offer a few things the other stories didn't. I personally loved the naval battles! Like every game out there, just be opened minded and stick with the story. You will enjoy the experience. If you focus on side missions and completing every single trophy, you will not enjoy this game!

wkp63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 wkp63

[QUOTE="shamguy4"]

TheDarkWolf86

Assassins Creed has changed in certain areas. You still have the side missions and the pickpocket missions, etc. I played a couple of side missions relevent to the main story and moved on. It was a great game don't get me wrong, but it still held the same premise to the repetive nature that was offered in each installment. Now, with that being said... It is still a good story. It does offer a few things the other stories didn't. I personally loved the naval battles! Like every game out there, just be opened minded and stick with the story. You will enjoy the experience. If you focus on side missions and completing every single trophy, you will not enjoy this game!

Thanks for the info.
Avatar image for ColdSwedishViki
ColdSwedishViki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ColdSwedishViki
I haven't finished AC3 yet and I have owned it for over 6 months. Have just played 50% of it. I like the first one, Brotherhood and Revelations more
Avatar image for NationProtector
NationProtector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 NationProtector
Member since 2013 • 1609 Posts
III is focusing toward Americans so, if you are American, or interested in stretched American history, then yeah, but ACIII. And IV.
Avatar image for Moddey_Dhoo_Man
Moddey_Dhoo_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Moddey_Dhoo_Man
The jump between AC1 and AC2 was more impressive. AC3 was a bit underwhelming.
rui_macedo8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 rui_macedo8
AC2 is the best of them all because is the completly different from the the original, thats my opinion, but AC3 has a stupid main character that damage the all game, but that is a game that is very cheap for the amout of gameplay that offers
IndiaFoodTour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 IndiaFoodTour
If you've played first 2 parts, then the 3rd seems a bit of let down. Don;t know about everyone, but I liked first part the best
Avatar image for charlesnitrotek
charlesnitrotek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 charlesnitrotek
Member since 2013 • 90 Posts

Yes must buy this game, it's stunning I've finished and now looking for assassin's creed 4 black flag.

tchurch95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 tchurch95
Member since 2013 • 86 Posts
[QUOTE="assassincool"]it lacks stealth like in the ezio trilogy but its a fun game to play i suggest you first buy ac2 and acb theyre steatlhy and awesome

They lack stealth but they're stealthy and awesome.
Avatar image for DragonHuntress7
DragonHuntress7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 DragonHuntress7
Member since 2013 • 138 Posts

yeah AC1 is extremely repetitive. Luckily theyve changed the series a lot for the better. I personally think that this is the best one yet and in my personal opinion thinks that it deserves game of the year. Im sure youve no doubt heard that the game contains a significant amount of glitches, and yes it does. However, there is nothing over the top horrible at least that i expierenced. The worst of it is you'll see the occasional person's mouth not move or a deer stuck in a wall.

But back to the question at hand. Yes this game is an absolute must buy. I would highly recommend that you play AC2, brotherhood and revelations first because you will enjoy the game a lot more especially the desmond story. They actually all come in a trilogy set for $40 bucks.

kaiserdisco

Well said. It is a really great game. 

you should play the previou 2 games or at least catch up on the events in between or might be a bit confused by the desmond/first people stuff.

Avatar image for DragonHuntress7
DragonHuntress7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29 DragonHuntress7
Member since 2013 • 138 Posts

If you've played first 2 parts, then the 3rd seems a bit of let down. Don;t know about everyone, but I liked first part the bestIndiaFoodTour

The first one was my favourite too. Perhaps just because of my love for the third crusade and getting to meet/kill people of history 8)

EAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 EAssassin

if you love the story i recommend u to buy all AC games ... i think it's great to play AC3,get through the story and then play AC 4 black flag ! it's gonna be awsome

Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

AC1 was really good when it came out. AC2 was absolutely brilliant when i first played it. After two interludes in Brotherhood and Revelations by the time AC3 came aruond I really didn't care. I just spent 90% of my time holding RT and up on the left analogue. It was pretty boring. And the ending was dull. 

AC4 will be just as poopy. Although i recently replayed AC2 because it was free on XBL and i don't really know if it holds up well.

questo1212187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 questo1212187
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I've played ac 3...which should I buy now, ac 2 or ac b ?
questo1212187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 questo1212187
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
nvm, google answered me
thefreakofk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points