Are you satisfied with your current gaming skills?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for completeslasher
completeslasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 completeslasher
Member since 2013 • 85 Posts

i bought a playstation 2 about 4 years and that is still my next gen experence and i have improved a lot, my first title for resident evil 4. I can see the changes the ps2 had bought into gaming in general, and experience all the advance factors i am confident that i am good at gaming if not great.

Skinon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 Skinon
Member since 2009 • 128 Posts
I'm not satisfied at all really... I have been gaming since Atari and had every major console up to the current gen. I finish every game I've played (as in clocked not 100%) Yet i do find them difficult and never play on hard although that's more of a entertainment thing for me. I look forward to the challenge but more about being able to get through the game. My problem is that I have so many games, that i just play one then play others, so i constantly have at least 3-4 games on the go, so I would say I'm above average at all genres, but great at none!
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts
Sure. I'm not playing them professionally nor do I aspire to, not that there's anything wrong with that, so for me it's solely for entertainment.
LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#4 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

yeah, i don't have problems beating games. on the occasion that i play something competitive, i have good k/d ratios in deathmatches and all that. and really, a lot of great games aren't skill oriented anyway. they're thinking games or ones that engage the player emotionally.

still, my days of using the AWP in counter-strike have taught me that i'll never be a good sniper. at least, not on a competitive level.

lensflare15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 lensflare15
Member since 2010 • 6652 Posts

I'm satisfied mostly, since I can have fun with most games. My online/competitive skills are horrible though, and even though I don't play onling too often, I wouldn't mind improving those a bit. 

completeslasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 completeslasher

I'm not satisfied at all really... I have been gaming since Atari and had every major console up to the current gen. I finish every game I've played (as in clocked not 100%) Yet i do find them difficult and never play on hard although that's more of a entertainment thing for me. I look forward to the challenge but more about being able to get through the game. My problem is that I have so many games, that i just play one then play others, so i constantly have at least 3-4 games on the go, so I would say I'm above average at all genres, but great at none! Skinon

Considering your experience and also considering that i do not own a ps3 yet, i would like to ask how do you rate current gen's difficulty? and don't you think that there are too many games/consoles these days? like overgaming and all?

i personally have been playing since 8 bits, though i did had a chance to play the first video game ping pong.

completeslasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 completeslasher

Sure. I'm not playing them professionally nor do I aspire to, not that there's anything wrong with that, so for me it's solely for entertainment.Archangel3371

if you are referring to those faq writers of perfectionists then i think they are by all means the ultimate gamers around.

ESPM400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 ESPM400
Member since 2011 • 96 Posts
It's strange really, I've been a PC gamer since I had my first C64 and I was damn good with the games I played (mainly racing, strategy, and shooters). Now back in 2007 I moved from Ontario to Alberta for work, and consequently made friends with my co-workers, yet they were all 360 players, so because of the social aspect, for the next 4-5 years the only games my computer saw were strategy games and sims. Well about six months ago I lost interest in my Xbox and have recently tried to get back into PC shooters starting with Planetside 2 and my god do I suck now. I didn't get more than a handful of kills in my first hour, given I didn't have more than a tenuous grasp on some of the mechanics, but still, the basic one is point and shoot and I could hardly do that. The Xbox killed my PC gamer skills...
Skinon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Skinon
Member since 2009 • 128 Posts

Considering your experience and also considering that i do not own a ps3 yet, i would like to ask how do you rate current gen's difficulty? and don't you think that there are too many games/consoles these days? like overgaming and all?

i personally have been playing since 8 bits, though i did had a chance to play the first video game ping pong.

I think this gens difficulty has gotten easier, but I do think that it has also gotten alot more 'personal'. As in, these days you can change difficulties and assists to whatever suits you best, I like to play with all assists off especially in driving games, but it's nice to be able to tailor game difficulty to suit the individual.

One thing i have noticed in the last gen is the lack of proper 'cheat' codes. I miss cheats as alot of the time i really just want to hoon around at my lesuire and check out the character models and environs etc etc after i have completed a game, or like the forza series, i want to be able to build and customize my own cars and take them out for a skid/race every now and then. I spend more time building cars than actually racing and it is really annoying having to get the money for certain cars imho.

But i think your question is relatively broad as you can make most games become as easy or difficult as you need. So yea, I think this gen has gotten easier for the casual gamer and will continue to do so!

completeslasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 completeslasher

Skinon

I think this gens difficulty has gotten easier, but I do think that it has also gotten alot more 'personal'. As in, these days you can change difficulties and assists to whatever suits you best, I like to play with all assists off especially in driving games, but it's nice to be able to tailor game difficulty to suit the individual.

One thing i have noticed in the last gen is the lack of proper 'cheat' codes. I miss cheats as alot of the time i really just want to hoon around at my lesuire and check out the character models and environs etc etc after i have completed a game, or like the forza series, i want to be able to build and customize my own cars and take them out for a skid/race every now and then. I spend more time building cars than actually racing and it is really annoying having to get the money for certain cars imho.

But i think your question is relatively broad as you can make most games become as easy or difficult as you need. So yea, I think this gen has gotten easier for the casual gamer and will continue to do so!

i see you are right in terms of difficult, in 8 bit games 1 hit could kill you and they were hard and fast compared to todays games. i cannot wait to have a ps3 and experience what next gen is now.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#11 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
No, they've been declining actually. Been playing Shinobi on the 3DS and it's kicking my ass. Forgot what starting levels all over again felt like.
Avatar image for GreekGameManiac
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 GreekGameManiac
Member since 2010 • 6439 Posts

Well...this gen has seen a toning down in difficulty,mosreso than any other.

So no,i'm not,i'm abit rusty.

dsomg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 dsomg
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

Well somehow, someway I am satisfied and I believe I may be better or worse gamer than the other people around. But I believe that there is always a room for improvement. I feel the weakest part of me is on the multiplayer game. But I never get tired of practicing. Sometimes I look like a trying hard but I know I will be better through that thing. And skills will be more developed if you are to play often.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

nah...my gaming skills are eroding fast. im not as good in every genre and im losing my focus on fps games. i can't scan as fast as i used to and my aim is really bad now...

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#15 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

i'm very satisfied

xGamePlayerx19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 xGamePlayerx19
Member since 2008 • 379 Posts

nah...my gaming skills are eroding fast. im not as good in every genre and im losing my focus on fps games. i can't scan as fast as i used to and my aim is really bad now...

jsmoke03

CUDGEdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 CUDGEdave
Member since 2010 • 2597 Posts

Nope,after many years of gaming my reflexes have gone and and times I couldnt hit a barn door with a banjo(or what ever in game weapon!) :D

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#18 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5903 Posts

I don't have any reason to be dissatisfied with them...

Blutenmonat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Blutenmonat
Member since 2013 • 70 Posts

Depends on the genre for me, I am tops in fps but when it comes to fighting I probably win like 1/3 of the times.

cyborg100000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 cyborg100000
Member since 2005 • 2905 Posts

If I played any game online I'd suck, haven't played online seriously since CoD:UO excluding WoW.

unrealtron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 unrealtron
Member since 2010 • 3148 Posts
Yes I am. I like to think I'm good at most games. Excep sport games, I suck at those.
SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#22 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts
I can say I've gotten better the last 4 or 5 years, but I do it more for the entertainment than challenge. Sometimes I like taking on the highest difficulty level, but I'm not into frustratingly difficult games. I'm not sure how much "better" I can actually get, but I'm not too concerned with that, I just want to enjoy what I play.
Floridaman46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Floridaman46
Member since 2012 • 259 Posts

Sure. I'm not playing them professionally nor do I aspire to, not that there's anything wrong with that, so for me it's solely for entertainment.Archangel3371

+1

Dexter-010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Dexter-010
Member since 2011 • 494 Posts
I'm satisfied with my current skills. I'm not the best in the games I play but deffinatly not the worst. The best skill I've is: Team work.
completeslasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 completeslasher

i just tried at facebook games and it was my first time ever experience of online gaming and i barely have managed to maintain position 3. In my humble opinion if the competition is too easy its frustrating and if the competition is too hard its still frustrating so online gaming is just not worth it, especially if its costing some money, i would be glad to have my achievements for myself in single player games rather than competing online.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 jsmoke03

i guess the older guys are losing it lol while theyounger ones are getting better.

ESPM400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ESPM400

i guess the older guys are losing it lol while theyounger ones are getting better.

jsmoke03
It's true, and as I said before, I blame social console gaming. I was doing fine until I met a bunch of friends who don't know how to use a computer... Five years out of the PC game is enough to kill your... err, game.
Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#28 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

Yeah I'm a decent gamer. I'm able to complete games on hard if I want to, though I generally prefer to enjoy a game than grind my way to the end, so just stick to easy.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 jsmoke03
[QUOTE="jsmoke03"]

ESPM400
It's true, and as I said before, I blame social console gaming. I was doing fine until I met a bunch of friends who don't know how to use a computer... Five years out of the PC game is enough to kill your... err, game.

lol really? im talking more about these kids learn at a younger age so their reflexes could be harnessed more for certain genre's like fps. i'll always outsmart a little kid and thats how i still have a decent k/d is because i know how to flank and play cat and mouse when im rushing. a lot of us have been gaming for a long time....
ESPM400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ESPM400
[QUOTE="ESPM400"][QUOTE="jsmoke03"]

jsmoke03

lol really? im talking more about these kids learn at a younger age so their reflexes could be harnessed more for certain genre's like fps. i'll always outsmart a little kid and thats how i still have a decent k/d is because i know how to flank and play cat and mouse when im rushing. a lot of us have been gaming for a long time....

I'm not blaming consoles for killing my tactics. If anything games like BF3 and the like improved them. I never had too many friends that were into gaming until I moved to Alberta, where all of my co-workers were. The problem stems from two areas, getting used to having well known friends on your team (since mine aren't into PC gaming, I no longer have that), and getting used to a controller, which has seemed to kill a lot of my mouse and keyboard precision.