Arc the Lad and Dual Hearts

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Ragnarok1051
Member since 2007 • 20238 Posts
Are these two games for the PS2 any good? I'm on a mission to collect a lot of the PS2's rpgs and these are on my list now. The Arc the Lad game is Twilight of the Spirits.
stephant_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 stephant_6
Member since 2005 • 1758 Posts
I remember getting the Arc the Lad demo in a magazine about 5 years ago,and loving it. But then again,that was 5 years ago. My taste in gaming was much worse and back then the game wasn't outdated so I don't know anymore to be honest.
GuttersnipeMav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 GuttersnipeMav
Member since 2004 • 378 Posts
I'd actually like to know this too, I've seen Arc the Lad like 15 times in my local gamestop, I've been trying to decide whether or not to give it a shot
GoreObsessed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 GoreObsessed
Member since 2004 • 8883 Posts
Ard The Lad TLOTS is great... When it comes to Dual Hearts though, Ive been wondering the same... Is it any good?
Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Ragnarok1051

Ard The Lad TLOTS is great... When it comes to Dual Hearts though, Ive been wondering the same... Is it any good?GoreObsessed

Whats Arc like?

GoreObsessed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GoreObsessed
Hard to explain.. Its basically a turn based rpg in the likes of ( Front Mission, or FFT). A grid shows up in which you must move close to your oponent to attack.. The main reason why I say its great is cause of the story. Its a story of two different people who end up realizing they're brothers.. So basically you see two stories being played out.
Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Ragnarok1051

Hard to explain.. Its basically a turn based rpg in the likes of ( Front Mission, or FFT). A grid shows up in which you must move close to your oponent to attack.. The main reason why I say its great is cause of the story. Its a story of two different people who end up realizing they're brothers.. So basically you see two stories being played out.GoreObsessed

That sounds like an interesting story.

GoreObsessed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GoreObsessed
Its a really good game and for the prices its going for these days.... I say jump on it.
Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ragnarok1051

Its a really good game and for the prices its going for these days.... I say jump on it.GoreObsessed

Thanks, now all I need to know about is Dual Hearts. Has anyone played the game?

Solori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#10 Solori
Member since 2007 • 462 Posts

Hard to explain.. Its basically a turn based rpg in the likes of ( Front Mission, or FFT). A grid shows up in which you must move close to your oponent to attack.. The main reason why I say its great is cause of the story. Its a story of two different people who end up realizing they're brothers.. So basically you see two stories being played out.GoreObsessed

Just want to point out that if you are looking for an SRPG like Front Mission or FFT, Arc the Lad Twilight of the Spirits is not the game for you.

Arc resembles an SRPG only very superficially. Basically, when you enter battle, you have to move your characters into range of the enemies (I don't even think there is a grid, if I remember correctly, there are just circles around each character's range of movement). Other than moving characters into range, it is pretty much a standard turn based game. The battle system is nothing special. It gets repetitve real quick. And the AI is not particularly smart, so there is almost no strategy involved. If you play it expecting an FFT like experience, you will be sorely disappointed. Also, the graphics aren't that great.

On the plus side, as the other posters pointed out, it does have a reasonably interesting story and some unique characters. You basically get to have two parties in this game (one from each side of a war) . You alternate between sides. Unfortunately, IMO, only one side's story is good. The other side's story is sort of boring and cliched.

Given the weak battle system and the uneven story, I would suggest that you not pay anymore than $10.00 for it.

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Ragnarok1051
Thanks Solori. So has anybody played Dual Hearts?
sqrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 sqrabbit
Member since 2004 • 72 Posts

Dual Hearts is decent. The gameplay is a mix of N64 Zelda and Kingdom Hearts. Graphics are first gen PS2, so they're ok, but nothing jaw dopping. I wouldn't pay more than 30 bucks for it though.