Anyone Remember Tiger Electronics?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

peppersfan2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 peppersfan2
Member since 2007 • 1064 Posts
Does anyone remember those Tiger Electronics handheld games back in the 90's? If you owned any what are your memories of itMy Grandma found one in her room and I remebered it. It was the Sonic R one. I paid $19 for that when I was little and never got past the first level. Besides from being open and the pacaging being slightly ripped the box art is fine and the handheld is in mint condition the lcd screen the sound everything. Are they worth anything I saw some on Ebay for up to $30 bucks. I know their crappy but they have a certain charm to them.
D-MonDRV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

#2 D-MonDRV
Member since 2002 • 9267 Posts

Yeah. They've been highly abused though. Battery doors.. Eh.

I didn't even know they had collector's value, but I remember those toys being given on out with a Happy Meal or something like that.

King9999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#3 King9999
Member since 2002 • 11837 Posts
Yep, I used to own a few of them. My favourite game was Mega Man 2. I also had Strider and Karate King. I used to own a Ninja Gaiden game watch. Other games that I have played, but didn't own, were Street Fighter, Castlevania: Simon's Quest, Double Dragon, and Sonic the Hedgehog. I also played some other games that I think were not made by Tiger (they had a different design). They were TMNT and Bucky O'Hare. I remember wanting Barcode Battler so bad. Was that game any good?
sixringz1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 sixringz1
Member since 2004 • 1116 Posts

hell yeah i had a few of them. Ninja Gaiden and Double Dragon II. As well as a football game. I wanna say tecmo bowl but i'm not sure. They were alright but when you are like ten years old and you see the title Double Dragon on the game after you have played it for the NES, you naturally are expecting a whole lot more. I didn't really comprehend the whole transition to a major console, to a dinky off market handheld. I thought it was the same thing so i was somewhat dissapointed. My biggest issue was that they had no silent mode. I always tried to take them to school but kept getting caught playing in class with the chirping sound effects. Oh those were the days.

Oh yeah i had Jordan vs Bird too