Any1 else like to see a DragonBZ or Bleach open world game?

k41m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By k41m
Member since 2011 • 879 Posts

Or am I the only one? It's cool if yall think it's a dumb idea but both of those shows have such an interesting and humongous world that could explored. I think making an open world adventure or perhaps even an open world RPG game set in the Bleach or the Dragon Ball Z universe would be awesome, just from all the episodes of each I have seen the possibilities are endless.

Btw for you anime fans, those aren't the only shows I watch lol they are just the only ones I could think of that a lot of people know and that both have pretty cool worlds/universe', but now that I've said that out loud Fullmetal Alchemist also comes to mind.. that's always been a very interesting setting. My favorite anime of all time though probably has to be Naoki Urasawa's Monster ..just in case you were wondering =P

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Not even alil.

In Dragon Ball Z all people do is fight and transform, how will this work in an Open World game ?

You can't just slap Open World to anything and Expect colours to burst, LA Noire is a perfect example of that.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Lulu_Lulu

Theres two Naruto games exclusive to the Xbox 360 developed by UBisosft. Rise Of A Ninja and Broken Bonds, they featured minor Open World and some Platforming.

k41m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By k41m

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Not even alil.

In Dragon Ball Z all people do is fight and transform, how will this work in an Open World game ?

You can't just slap Open World to anything and Expect colours to burst, LA Noire is a perfect example of that.

You have obviously never watched DBZ. Theres so much more to it than that.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Lulu_Lulu

I watched Dragon Ball Z up to the Boo saga, and all they did was fight and transform. Boring show.

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu: WHAT!!!!!!:-\ DBZ boring? First time i've heard thato_O

kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8  Edited By kweeni
Member since 2007 • 11413 Posts

I'd love to see an open world Bleach game, or any Bleach game really. It's been a few years since the last one and I'm not sure if they'll make another. :/

Well there is that Jump Stars game coming out but that's not really the same.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#9  Edited By vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts

For Dragon Ball they'd either have to add a lot of new stuff to the existing plot to make open world gameplay work or make an entirely new story(which I wouldn't be at all against).

I'm not sure Dragon Ball Z lends itself especially well to the open world genre but it sure beats playing another fighting game. But I just don't see it happening. NamcoBandai like to keep rolling with the same developers and they rarely give those developers more than a year's time to make those games And they clearly don't put that much budget into them.

As for Bleach, I burned out on that series after Soul Society because they decided to retcon and make eveyone Bankai

SovietsUnited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

#11 SovietsUnited
Member since 2009 • 2457 Posts

I always thought an open-world spectacle fighter DBZ would be awesome if done right; from humble Dragon Ball beginnings, training around the world, to reaching SSJ and being ridiculously overpowered as in DBZ. But have a different story in the same universe, perhaps in the far future the original setting has been used and played to death.

But that's just hoping.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#12 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

of those popular shonen manga series, I feel like One Piece is one of the only ones that works as an open world adventure. that series is more about exploration, interesting new worlds, and story than the others. DBZ and Bleach is more focused on a series of fight scenarios so fighting games make the most sense for them.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts

@vashkey: Same here.

I think they could make a great Kenshin game in a semi-open world setting. Semi open works in the same way Assassin's Creed 2 was- several large open maps. It could be awesome- Tokyo, Kyoto, various roads and forests around Japan. You could start from the bloody end of the war and play your way through the entire saga. I'd buy it, anyway.

Gamerno66666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#14 Gamerno66666
Member since 2013 • 175 Posts

I always wanted a Bleach open world game. But I don't want it to follow the main story ark of the manga/anime. It should be a separate story with new characters. Much like the batman arkham games. Also would like to see an Attack on Titan prequel game.

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

Does DBZ: The Legacy of Goku count as an open world DBZ game? I really liked that series.

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#16 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

DBZ Attack of the Sayans is a great DBZ rpg game. Probably the best all around dbz game.

I just want them to make either a Budokai 4 or Tenkaichi 4, but with character creations and online. Budokai 3 story mode has a open worldish story mode if that counts lol.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

I'd love a good non-fighting Bleach game but see no reason for it to be open world design.

Arcturus-Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Arcturus-Prime
Member since 2014 • 57 Posts

@gameofthering said:

Does DBZ: The Legacy of Goku count as an open world DBZ game? I really liked that series.

I'm right in the same boat as you are! i played 1 and 2. I thought the series was pretty good. The first game was a bit disliked but the series gets better as it goes on. How's buu's fury the legacy of goku 3?

ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ristactionjakso

@arcturus-prime said:

@gameofthering said:

I'm right in the same boat as you are! i played 1 and 2. I thought the series was pretty good. The first game was a bit disliked but the series gets better as it goes on. How's buu's fury the legacy of goku 3?

Amazing. Really on the easy side, but amazing.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#20 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

For Dragonball, an open world game would work best before the events of Dragonball Z.

Bleach could be good, too. I am not sure it would be good as an MMO, but if Destiny changes single player experiences, something similar could work for Bleach.

Arcturus-Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Arcturus-Prime
Member since 2014 • 57 Posts

@ristactionjakso said:

@arcturus-prime said:

@gameofthering said:

Awesome. I guess i have to watch a walkthrough of it on youtube. ( I can't play any roms on my pc after i got a virus from coolroms.com) I know i can't believe it either.

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

@arcturus-prime said:

@gameofthering said:

The first one wasn't really that great but the 2nd was amazing. Sadly Buu's Fury was not released in the UK, so I never managed to get it.

bowchicka07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#23 bowchicka07
Member since 2013 • 1104 Posts

DBZ...Open world game? Life complete.

ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ristactionjakso

@arcturus-prime said:

@ristactionjakso said:

@arcturus-prime said:

@gameofthering said:

Awesome. I guess i have to watch a walkthrough of it on youtube. ( I can't play any roms on my pc after i got a virus from coolroms.com) I know i can't believe it either.

I really like the Legacy of Goku series. Do you have a 3ds/ds? If you do you have to buy Attack of the Sayans. Probably the best handheld DBZ ever.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#25 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

DBZ doesn't work as an open world game, i wish they would go back to the Budokai formula

Avatar image for slimdogmilionar
slimdogmilionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26 slimdogmilionar
Member since 2014 • 1343 Posts

@k41m said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Not even alil.

Dbz is boring compared to Naruto, I just started watching Bleach so I can't say much about Ichigo yet. I've watched all DBZ episodes and all Naruto episodes/manga. DBZ is the same thing over and over and over, "Goku will save us" after he comes back from the dead a million and one times. DBZ is all about fighting and that's it on the show they really only make reference to a few places that are not on the battlefield other than that the only place to travel to in the DBZ universe is a new world or different dimension to fight the next opponent besides places like King Kai's or Master Roshi's. Naruto has a really detailed storyline and Full Metal was not that bad, both can be slow at times but their worlds and stories hold more depth than the DBZ universe.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Lulu_Lulu

@ slimdogmilionar

One of the things I really love about Naruto is the extensive lore the Universe is made of, theres just so much variety and structure to it, it sucks the Naruto games just don't capatlise on it.

The thing I hate about DBZ is how simple fights are.... In DBZ its all about Speed and strength... Victory goes to the more powerfull character.... ALWAYS !

Naruto on the other hand features multiple scenarios where the smarter, weaker opponent beats the more power full guy. Most recently I saw Orichimaru go toe to toe with the Naruto in his 4 tails state.

I checked the Narutopedia and it turns out theres also Chakra Affanities, making certain techniques unique to each character. Theres just so much !

But Let me be straight, I only love the Lore..... Both Naruto and DBZ are terrible shows, with terrible plots and terrible Characters !

Now The Legend Of Korra..... Thats a real cartoon, sadly its lore is not extensive as Naruto's. Damn I wish somebody could blend the best of both these shows, then turn it into a video game..... With co-op.

k41m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By k41m

@slimdogmilionar said:

@k41m said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Not even alil.

Dbz is boring compared to Naruto, I just started watching Bleach so I can't say much about Ichigo yet. I've watched all DBZ episodes and all Naruto episodes/manga. DBZ is the same thing over and over and over, "Goku will save us" after he comes back from the dead a million and one times. DBZ is all about fighting and that's it on the show they really only make reference to a few places that are not on the battlefield other than that the only place to travel to in the DBZ universe is a new world or different dimension to fight the next opponent besides places like King Kai's or Master Roshi's. Naruto has a really detailed storyline and Full Metal was not that bad, both can be slow at times but their worlds and stories hold more depth than the DBZ universe.

You know what I was thinking of when I said DBZ in the first place? In the beginning of the series when Piccolo leaves Gohan to fend for himself and Gohan runs into so many interesting places/creatures/people. Not to mention all of the different planets.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Lulu_Lulu

@ k41m

Then he transformed into a giant ape and level a forest.... Then picolo destroyed the moon with two fingers. That was the hilight of that arc. The rest was boring. Isn't this when Goku died and was running along Snake Way ?

The fighting was actually better than all that stuff.

Avatar image for slimdogmilionar
slimdogmilionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#31  Edited By slimdogmilionar
Member since 2014 • 1343 Posts

@k41m said:

@slimdogmilionar said:

@k41m said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Not even alil.

You know what I was thinking of when I said DBZ in the first place? In the beginning of the series when Piccolo leaves Gohan to fend for himself and Gohan runs into so many interesting places/creatures/people. Not to mention all of the different planets.

Yes I've watched the show since I and Goku was kid when it was called Dragonball. In the series even when they traveled to another planet most of the time was spent flying and talking, with some comical moments from the fighters on earth as filler.