Any good games for kids?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ojmstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ojmstr
Member since 2003 • 1949 Posts

I have a 5 year old daughter and she loves to play video games on my ps3, im just wondering if anyone got some good recomendations for games at her age? We have Little Big planet 2, Mickey Mouse Castle of illusion, Cloudberry kingdom, Jak and Daxter, Nino Kuni, Castle Crashers.

Any other good games for kids i can get from Ps store? so hard to navigate on playstation store and find games that fits her age

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Uhm.... Minecraft ?

ojmstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ojmstr

@Lulu_Lulu: Thanks, that game may be a game for her :) I was thinking about that game the other day but i forgot about it. Have you played that game before? It seems it`s just as fun for grownups as for kids judging by the thousands of videoes on youtube. I would never play that game by my self though but now i have an excuse to play it:)

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Lulu_Lulu

@ojmstr

Truth be told, I was just guessing... I never played it myself and I don't own a Playstation so I don't know whats on the PSN Store.

If you have a few hundred dollars just lying around and being a burden then theres a retail alternative simular to Mine Craft. Disney Infinity, its just like Skylanders (another game kids really really love due to the "toys") except you get to build things in a seperate part of the game called a Toy Box. You won't be able to build anything Massive like in Minecraft but it makes up for it by allowing you to make games.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

Skylanders ! My 8 year old daughter loves them, gotta admit, even I love them, been seriously thinking about getting Infinity also, I found that Walmart is clearancing it out for half the price ( sets and figures ).

KillerK1ng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 KillerK1ng
Member since 2014 • 135 Posts

runescape

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Lulu_Lulu

@raugutcon

No Fair ! They never go on sale over here... :(

infact the Disney Infinity version 1 starter pack is still the exact same retail price it was when it was released last year....

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

Minecraft is the way to go!

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Lulu_Lulu

I also nominate Little Big Planet Karting and Modnation Racers !

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10  Edited By pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

Ratchet and Clank? I was gonna recommend Jak and Daxter but I see you already have it. Ratchet and Clank is similar.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 raugutcon

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@raugutcon

No Fair ! They never go on sale over here... :(

infact the Disney Infinity version 1 starter pack is still the exact same retail price it was when it was released last year....

Sorry for you, Skylanders Spyro and Giants are also being clearanced out by Gamers ( video game stores, similar to Gamestop ) you can get the starter pack for 25 dollars, portal owners pack ( Giants ) for 15 dollars, regular figures for 8 dollars, giants and lightcores for 10 - 12 dollars. and those prices include sales tax. Needless to say my children´s Skylanders figure collection has grown a lot !

Apparently Infinity hasn´t been selling well, Spyro and Giants are the "old" versions and they no longer sale well because everybody now wants Swap Force. Good time to purchase.

RicanV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 RicanV  Moderator
Member since 2011 • 2624 Posts

Look into Child of Light. Great reviews and the artwork is superb. LBP3 is coming out in November with new friends.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Lulu_Lulu

@raugutcon

The only reason I got into Infinity was because of Project Spark... But its not coming to the 360 anytime soon... So Disney Infinity it was. :) I only buy the Toys because the Game demanded them.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 raugutcon

Forgot to add, Lego games are very fun for kids ( and fun for the big kid of the house ), or at least my kids enjoy them, my son played them since he was 8, there´s a bunch of them for PS3, right now some of the hardest to find are the oldest ( Lego Batman and Indiana Jones ), newer ones are easier to find.

ojmstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ojmstr

Thanks alot for great tips, i`ll look into these games this weekend, i`ve noticed that alot of these platform games and indie games are actually really good and fun to play even at my age, i think i forgot how much fun you can have with these type of games.

I forgot to mention, i have Child Of Light and Journy, both are phenomenal games.

My daughters favourite games are Mickey Mouse, LBP2 and Castle Crashers + Nino Kuni which we have been playing for over a year now on and off, so damn big game but what a truly awesome game that is.

Ben10games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Ben10games
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

hmm I have 2 kids my daughter is 6 year and my son is 8 year old. My son mostly play boys games so i suggest you try Ben 10 Games. And my daugther love to play girls games like Moderator Edit - Link Removed. So you try these 2 games

vicky_john1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 vicky_john1
Member since 2014 • 230 Posts

Try Elsword india..game has some couple of female characters too. its a kid game and i was playing it since Gta 5 pc release. actually i am 25..lol..

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@ben10games: Please do not bump old threads. Also, advertising is not allowed.

-Byshop