any Chrono Cross fans here?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Scoob64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Scoob64
Member since 2008 • 2635 Posts

i'm thinking of buying Chrono Cross - the revews seem very positive... any fans of it here? how is the game in terms of length/difficulty?

Avatar image for krato_sephiroth
krato_sephiroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 krato_sephiroth
Member since 2006 • 113 Posts

one hell of a game!!

this was squaresoft at its prime, and the music had possibly the best soundtrack of any game ever! Gameplay was all right, graphics excellent at the time, many characters and a few different possible story paths..

Highly recommend :)

chefstubbies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 chefstubbies
Member since 2007 • 2583 Posts

I love Chrono Cross.

Although it actually has very little to do with Chrono Trigger until way later in the game, and even then it's more of a conviluded tie-in.

The combat/gameplay is nothing like Chrono Trigger, but I find it fun and addictive. The music is incredible as are the visuals...lots of side quests add depth to the huge cast of characters you can enlist...I highly recommend it.

travisstaggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 travisstaggs
Member since 2008 • 10562 Posts

I would definitely recommend getting Chrono Cross.

Such a fantastic game.

To_Ashes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 To_Ashes
Member since 2006 • 549 Posts

In my opinion, an excellent game... In terms of length and difficulty. Good on length, fine with difficulty. Kudos!

ps2snesgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 ps2snesgod
Member since 2009 • 771 Posts

best 5th gen rpg along with paper mario nuff said

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

i'm thinking of buying Chrono Cross - the revews seem very positive... any fans of it here? how is the game in terms of length/difficulty?

Scoob64

The game's around 30 hours and it's very easy. For some of the side quest a faq is needed tough...A couple of things that make this game unique is the music and the fact that there are 45 characters that can join your party although you can only use 3 on battle.Overall the game's a 9 on my book. Story is decent, the battle system is turn based ATB but with a little twist and the graphics are great. Highly recommended.

Scythes777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Scythes777
Member since 2006 • 2796 Posts

Oh! Oh! Pick me! Chrono Cross is one of my favorite games of all time, I highly recommend it. Just dont go into it expecting something similar to Chrono Trigger, because the games are completely different. It has one of the best soundtracks ever as well, I highly suggest you just stay at some areas just to listen to the music, makes the experience so much better.

rikimaru93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 rikimaru93
Member since 2003 • 762 Posts

I've never gotten around to completing the game.. I've gotten near the end of the first disc 3 times but something always seems to come up that makes me unable to play for a while. My memory isn't the best so I hate loading saves in an RPG when I haven't played in a few months.. forcing me to restart every time.

What I can tell you though is that even though I have yet to complete the game, I have been listening to the soundtrack for around 4 years now. The music is the best I have ever heard in a video game and Mitsuda is truly a great composer. I wish I had played this game when it originally came out because I know the music would've had a huge effect on my childhood memories. The song that plays in the world map when you are in the alternate world is astounding, sometimes I would just let it play for 10 minutes before continuing the gameplay. (the song is called dream of the shore near another world ->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROKcr2OTgws)

That being said, The game is worth playing for the music alone. It immerses you into the game world and sets the mood for every possible scenario. The best I can compare it is to the old school donkey kong country games.

The story from what I can remember was also excellent even though no where near the quality of Chrono Trigger. My only gripe with the game is the combat system. It's not horrible but I felt it was an average system at best.

You can probably find the game for $10 on Ebay (it's what I paid 4 years ago) so I'd definitely check it out, it's well worth the price.

Scoob64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 Scoob64
Member since 2008 • 2635 Posts

yeah, I had listened to this song on YouTube some b/c i love it! the soundtrack definitely seems impressive.

belfouris20ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 belfouris20ca
Member since 2005 • 66 Posts

I actually purchased this game a couple of years ago after hearing all of the rave reviews. I played it for awhile and haven't gone back to finish the game. What I remember most is the combat being a little odd to me.

Juxhe1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 Juxhe1
Member since 2006 • 1021 Posts

This is absolutely the game that made the history of role-playing.
I can not add anything else this game is really unique.

ThePerro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#13 ThePerro
Member since 2006 • 3105 Posts

Never beat it. Before you write me off, I got to the final boss area in the game, saved and put it down and never touched it again. As a standalone game, it's a pretty good game; perfect? Not really, and I find it somewhat of a letdown as somewhat of a sequel to Chrono Trigger.

Travis_Odell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Travis_Odell
Member since 2008 • 1775 Posts
Playing it now and it's pretty damn good, I would pick it up for sure, however the music is a little annoying especially in battle.
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts
Great game...loved it...one of the best games on the PS1
Bubble_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 Bubble_Man
Member since 2006 • 3100 Posts

Had some of the best music on the SNES.

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts

Had some of the best music on the SNES.

Bubble_Man
SNES? I think you are talking about CT not CC (it was on the PS1)
Juxhe1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 Juxhe1
Member since 2006 • 1021 Posts
Playing it now and it's pretty damn good, I would pick it up for sure, however the music is a little annoying especially in battle.Travis_Odell
Annoying music? Chrono Cross still has one of the best soundtracks out there.