Alien: Isolation (Ending Discussion - Spoilers)

legendary70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By legendary70
Member since 2008 • 86 Posts

I am just curious on everyone's thoughts. IF you have played and finished Isolation.....What do ya'll think of the ending? Why?

IMO the game is AWESOME. I was on the edge of my seat throughout the game. Every time I would hear the alien running at me............DAMN..........i was in suspense. Many scary, unsure, edge of your seat, suspenseful moments.

Graphics are unreal!!

The ending though......IMO was not very good. More than likely she has an alien inside her now and part 2 will probably continue in that form. thx.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2  Edited By Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10440 Posts

first of all you need to spoiler your post for anyone who hasn't played / finished the game.

second, i absolutely loved the game, it was my favourite of last year and one of the best stealth / survival horror games i've played but yep i was a little underwhelmed with the ending. it felt a little anti-climatic after what had come before it and i expected more of a show down with the alien(s) rather than a few quick time events, although they were well presented.

i thought something like ripley having a ton of flamethrower fluid but having to hold off a swarm of aliens pouring into the ship whilst she's waiting to be rescued with her ammo rapidly depleting would've been good, although by that point i don't think my nerves could take any more so maybe the relatively easy ending was a blessing in disguise ;)

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

Modified title to reflect spoiler status.

-Byshop

Threesixtyci

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Threesixtyci
Member since 2006 • 4451 Posts

All the first person cutscenes detracted from the game. But it's the best Alien game we've seen thus far. And from a developer who had no FPS experience.

legendary70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 legendary70

Thx for the modify. It is the best Alien game to date.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

Ending was incredibly lame. I didn't like the game much at all, and the ending just made everything worse. This is a definitely a game that is pretty much a 3 hour experience streched out over 20 hours. The last thing I want after a 20 hour journey is a completely unsatisfying cliff hanger teasing a sequel.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

I did not like the game at all - the longer it went on the more frustrating it got for me. The backtracking was also a killer for me around the halfway mark of the game. Just felt like a bunch of fetch quests (go do this for me, go get that for me). After a while, seeing the alien lost it's uniqueness and the game was not scary, Working Joes were a pain in the ass to kill in my opinion and took away from the Alien. At the end of the day the Developer did a pretty good job considering their experience, one day we'll get that amazing Alien game I've been waiting for.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

I am on mission 17 best alien and survival horror game of all time for me

GuardianHennex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GuardianHennex
Member since 2015 • 26 Posts

The ending is indeed not very good, but it doesn't ruin a otherwise superb game. Alien: Isolation was terrific in every sense of the word. I really hope we get a sequel.

legendary70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 legendary70

guardian, CTR I totally agree with yall.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

@legendary70 said:

I am just curious on everyone's thoughts. IF you have played and finished Isolation.....What do ya'll think of the ending? Why?

IMO the game is AWESOME. I was on the edge of my seat throughout the game. Every time I would hear the alien running at me............DAMN..........i was in suspense. Many scary, unsure, edge of your seat, suspenseful moments.

Graphics are unreal!!

The ending though......IMO was not very good. More than likely she has an alien inside her now and part 2 will probably continue in that form. thx.

Game was pretty good, except for all the bad things about it, but I think the story in general is off to the wrong track. Firstly, I felt a little bit bad about the story being about Amanda Ripley AT ALL. I mean, at the opening of Aliens, I think the one bright spot is that Ellen Ripley saved her daughter from having to go through any of this shit. "Yeah, I'm totally sad that my daughter died before I got back, but at least I saved her from those damn Aliens." And then the game comes along and says, "sorry, ellen Ripley, but you didn't save your daughter from shit. " that kind of rubs me the wrong way, and I don't like it. Leave Ellen Ripley's family alone. But having saif that, the game was okay as a one-time deal featuring stuff that relates to the previous movies. The bigger problem is the need to tie itse;f to the previous movies this much. If this is gonna be a series, then it can't keep existing in the same fan-service well. Nostromo logs and voice work from the cast of Alien were a nice touch, but that's only gonna work for a short while. And while I can accept one game starring Amanda Ripley, there's a bigger problem: this is prequel territory. We already know that she survicves the Alien menace and grows old and dies of old age, so that takes a way a LOT of the dramatic tension. Case in point, the cliffhanger ending of Alien:Isolation. Was Amanda Ripley impregnated by an Alien? The answer is, "it doesn't matter." The cliffhanger ending brings up a question, but I can't even care about the question since I know that it ultimately ends up getting resolved okay. And that's gonna be a problem is Creative Assemply plans on making the future games about this same character. The absolutely best thing this game did was to be incredibly faithful to the Alien movie. This is the closest I've ever gotten to feeling like I was in that universe, and I that CA for doing that part superbly even if they botched a few small things. But that's gonna wear off. Alien Isolation succeeded first and foremost because of the experience and because that experience felt novel. And that can't last forever. Next time, the experience won't be so novel and I'm gonna be more focused on the story. And it's gonna be a MUCH bigger buzzkill is the story is still following a character that we already know comes out of the whole ordeal okay.

legendary70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 legendary70

@MrGeezer said:

@legendary70 said:

Graphics are unreal!!

Game was pretty good, except for all the bad things about it, but I think the story in general is off to the wrong track. Firstly, I felt a little bit bad about the story being about Amanda Ripley AT ALL. I mean, at the opening of Aliens, I think the one bright spot is that Ellen Ripley saved her daughter from having to go through any of this shit. "Yeah, I'm totally sad that my daughter died before I got back, but at least I saved her from those damn Aliens." And then the game comes along and says, "sorry, ellen Ripley, but you didn't save your daughter from shit. " that kind of rubs me the wrong way, and I don't like it. Leave Ellen Ripley's family alone. But having saif that, the game was okay as a one-time deal featuring stuff that relates to the previous movies. The bigger problem is the need to tie itse;f to the previous movies this much. If this is gonna be a series, then it can't keep existing in the same fan-service well. Nostromo logs and voice work from the cast of Alien were a nice touch, but that's only gonna work for a short while. And while I can accept one game starring Amanda Ripley, there's a bigger problem: this is prequel territory. We already know that she survicves the Alien menace and grows old and dies of old age, so that takes a way a LOT of the dramatic tension. Case in point, the cliffhanger ending of Alien:Isolation. Was Amanda Ripley impregnated by an Alien? The answer is, "it doesn't matter." The cliffhanger ending brings up a question, but I can't even care about the question since I know that it ultimately ends up getting resolved okay. And that's gonna be a problem is Creative Assemply plans on making the future games about this same character. The absolutely best thing this game did was to be incredibly faithful to the Alien movie. This is the closest I've ever gotten to feeling like I was in that universe, and I that CA for doing that part superbly even if they botched a few small things. But that's gonna wear off. Alien Isolation succeeded first and foremost because of the experience and because that experience felt novel. And that can't last forever. Next time, the experience won't be so novel and I'm gonna be more focused on the story. And it's gonna be a MUCH bigger buzzkill is the story is still following a character that we already know comes out of the whole ordeal okay.

Good points.