Accompany the Wii with 360 or PS3?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mantorok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Mantorok
Member since 2002 • 2558 Posts

It's usually inevitable that I buy another console to accompany a Nintendo console, I don't plan it but it happened with the N64, happened with the Cube, and I'm pretty sure I will look for something to go with the Wii in the next year or two. The reasons this time are much more different though, it's not the console's lack of titles and 3rd party support, it's just that if I want epic experiences with the power of the console playing a part in the immersion, then I have to go elsewhere.

So here's the thing, the 360 has a great library although I'm not convinced the library has that much variety, I'm also put off by the machines lack of stability, however you can buy one for an amazing price, which is attractive.

I'm not sure what it is though, but the PS3 is screaming out at me, why? Well, AFAIK we haven't had many reports of faulty consoles, the knowledge that Sony will get/has some solid exclusives and the thought of how amazing the last 2 consoles libraries were. I also believe that in a year or two's time the PS3 will be threatening the 360 sales-wise, and by then there may be some amazing titles out, not just that but titles that are more likely to appeal to me, however this is all dependant on a price-drop occuring, so how likely is that?

So, errr.. what to do really, is there anyone else here holding out for the PS3? Does anyone feel that the 360 will retain it's amazing library and not be outdone by the PS3?

Sorry for waffling, but something's drawing me to the PS3, and I'm not quite sure if it's all in my head or if there's some invisible writing on the wall that only I can read. If anyone has both consoles I'd like to hear impressions as well.

selbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 selbie
Member since 2004 • 13295 Posts
A compromise with either console is that it's pretty likely that one game will be ported to the other unless it's a major exclusive like Halo or MGS
bugsonglass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 bugsonglass
Member since 2004 • 5536 Posts
I am in pretty much the same exact situation as you (only new home console is the Wii) and share most of your views regarding the PS3 and 360 and I feel that if I had to choose between the 2 for a console to accompany my Wii it would be Sony's console. However, so far the only accompanyment my Wii has needed in satisfying my gaming needs has come from another Sony console ... the PS2. I still love it and still play it, both new games as well as old games I missed out on. I think that the PS2 along with the Wii, my handhelds (mainly the DS) and my half-decent PC will get me through the best part of this generation, until the PS3 will be cheap enough for me to consider ... probably when everybody will be getting ready for another new wave of consoles :P
selbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 selbie
Member since 2004 • 13295 Posts
I am in pretty much the same exact situation as you (only new home console is the Wii) and share most of your views regarding the PS3 and 360 and I feel that if I had to choose between the 2 for a console to accompany my Wii it would be Sony's console. However, so far the only accompanyment my Wii has needed in satisfying my gaming needs has come from another Sony console ... the PS2. I still love it and still play it, both new games as well as old games I missed out on. I think that the PS2 along with the Wii, my handhelds (mainly the DS) and my half-decent PC will get me through the best part of this generation, until the PS3 will be cheap enough for me to consider ... probably when everybody will be getting ready for another new wave of consoles :Pbugsonglass
Your situation mirrors mine except I don't have the PS2 :( .
UpInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#5 UpInFlames
Member since 2004 • 13301 Posts

A long-time user such as yourself should know that this is better suited for System Wars.