AC1 cant remember why im doing the investigations.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

As seen as I have pre orded assassin's creed 4 I thought I would play assassin's creed 1 as its been on my shelf for ever. I did have it for Xbox and sold it shortly after then got assassin's creed 1 and 2 cheap from amazon for PC a couple of year back and also got Revelations. Im on memory block 4 in assassin's creed 1 but I can never remember why I am doing the investigations am I the only one who cant follow the story or forgets why your doing the investigation in the first place?.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

I believe you do the investigations to get information for the targets you have to assassinate. The fella that gives you these targets in the first place requires that.

Repetitive tasks that get more annoying as the game progresses, because guards start attacking you for doing pretty much nothing. I still enjoyed the game, 2nd time around. But AC2 is heads and shoulders above it.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts

You do the investigations to gather intel on your target. Pickpocketing investigations always seemed to be the most useful, as it was often a map of guard positions around the target area. Somewhere in the pause menu(I don't remember where, last time I played it was in preparation for AC3) you can study the intel you've gathered in your investigations. Sometimes it's just a note providing some background information on the target, other times it's guard locations, rooftop archer locations and patrol patterns, sometimes it's even where the target will be found so you can do recon ahead of time to scope out hiding places and plan escape routes.

The investigations, while sometimes repetitive, were the most intriguing aspect of the original game- if you actually bothered to look at the information you gathered. If they were just something for you to rush through to get on with the assassination, though, the game will get so boring you likely won't finish it.

MikeRobe867

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By MikeRobe867
Member since 2011 • 40 Posts

I understand how you feel, the assassination targets in AC1 were very forgetable, and each "block" was way too repeatative. I encourage you to push through it though, I try to replay all the ACs before a new one comes out, because as a fan of the series I think its worth it to see how far things have come.