About Injustice?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 0

#1 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

I know every character has thier own ending. And I know there will be a story mode, arcade and vs. which is pretty standard. But does the game have any other unique game modes? Anything unique like Soul Calibur used to make?

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Pffrbt
Member since 2010 • 6612 Posts

I don't know but the game looks terrible.

Lulekani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Lulekani
Member since 2012 • 2318 Posts
Its 2013 and people still insist on 2Dimensional fighting games. Is it that hard to give our beloved super heroes and villains a side step ?
MentatAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 MentatAssassin
Member since 2005 • 3007 Posts

I know every character has thier own ending. And I know there will be a story mode, arcade and vs. which is pretty standard. But does the game have any other unique game modes? Anything unique like Soul Calibur used to make?

ristactionjakso

Yes, there will be mini games for certain characters in a mode called Star Labs missions.

Avatar image for Grammaton-Cleric
Grammaton-Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Grammaton-Cleric
Member since 2002 • 7515 Posts

Pffrbt

I've played the demo extensively and it's quite good.

Grammaton-Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Grammaton-Cleric

Its 2013 and people still insist on 2Dimensional fighting games. Is it that hard to give our beloved super heroes and villains a side step ?Lulekani

I love 3D fighting and generally prefer it but the proliferation of 3D doesn't automatically negate the 2D construct nor does 2D necessarily mean the mechanics are shallow.

Like MK9, this is more 2.5D and the characters can actually interact with objects in the background and foreground while mixing it up.

Based on the demo, I'd say the game is shaping up to be a pretty fantastic representation of the DC Universe and a very fun fighter

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

Its 2013 and people still insist on 2Dimensional fighting games. Is it that hard to give our beloved super heroes and villains a side step ?Lulekani

2D fighting games >> 3D fighting games... Deal with it :P

In all seriousness, 2D fighters have their strengths and 3D fighters have other strengths. They are just two different ways to play the genre. One focuses on high/low and horizontal/vertical attacks and the other focuses on the cross-up and air juggle game.

Lulekani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Lulekani

[QUOTE="Lulekani"]Its 2013 and people still insist on 2Dimensional fighting games. Is it that hard to give our beloved super heroes and villains a side step ?Grammaton-Cleric

I love 3D fighting and generally prefer it but the proliferation of 3D doesn't automatically negate the 2D construct nor does 2D necessarily mean the mechanics are shallow.

Like MK9, this is more 2.5D and the characters can actually interact with objects in the background and foreground while mixing it up.

Based on the demo, I'd say the game is shaping up to be a pretty fantastic representation of the DC Universe and a very fun fighter

I WANT MORE.
Grammaton-Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Grammaton-Cleric

[QUOTE="Grammaton-Cleric"]

[QUOTE="Lulekani"]Its 2013 and people still insist on 2Dimensional fighting games. Is it that hard to give our beloved super heroes and villains a side step ?Lulekani

I WANT MORE.

Then define MORE.

Specifically, what is it you want?

Lulekani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Lulekani

[QUOTE="Lulekani"][QUOTE="Grammaton-Cleric"]

Grammaton-Cleric

I WANT MORE.

Then define MORE.

Specifically, what is it you want?

More Dimensions please. Basicly I want Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations except with DC Characters and maybe the hotchick from that Horror Flick.
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ristactionjakso

[QUOTE="ristactionjakso"]

MentatAssassin

Yes, there will be mini games for certain characters in a mode called Star Labs missions.

O ok cool. The game is shaping up to be something good.

Lulekani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Lulekani

[QUOTE="Lulekani"]Its 2013 and people still insist on 2Dimensional fighting games. Is it that hard to give our beloved super heroes and villains a side step ?Pikminmaniac

2D fighting games >> 3D fighting games... Deal with it :P

In all seriousness, 2D fighters have their strengths and 3D fighters have other strengths. They are just two different ways to play the genre. One focuses on high/low and horizontal/vertical attacks and the other focuses on the cross-up and air juggle game.

Deal With It ? If I gave you the impression that I'm a sane and reasonable human being, then my bad, and Im sorry for misleading you. Besides when things stay in 2D there not really better, and ofcourse its a preference, kinda like prefering the color green rather than blue, which is totaly stupid because blue is way better, just like 3 Dimensions.
ApplePieChart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ApplePieChart
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
I dont know, it looks like fun. I saw this video where they were talking about these crazy ass characters they could have included. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nr58lycHPBs
DigitalJeff51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DigitalJeff51
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

Pffrbt

That it does

Horrible animations that are stiff and blocky

uninteresting combos and sluggish combat

NRS still cant make their women look like women

Over all models just look terrible

bland level desings

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Pffrbt

[QUOTE="Pffrbt"]

Grammaton-Cleric

The goofy ass random camera angles look like they make it unplayable at high levels and the graphics and art are incredibly bland.

contracts420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 contracts420
Member since 2008 • 1956 Posts

Can't really answer TC's question but I can say that the game seemed alright to me. It's probably fantastic but I played it on my 360 and well... using that Dpad is a ******* nightmare for fighting games. I might pick it up though but only for PS3.

Grammaton-Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Grammaton-Cleric

[QUOTE="Grammaton-Cleric"]

[QUOTE="Pffrbt"]

Pffrbt

The goofy ass random camera angles look like they make it unplayable at high levels and the graphics and art are incredibly bland.

Those camera angles only occur when certain sequences are activated so they don't, in any way, interfere with the gameplay.

Speaking of which, this game, like MK9, is being designed with upper-tier players and higher gameplay in mind. The in-game move list for each character actually displays the frame data and recovery time for each technique, which is something you usually don't get unless you purchase the strategy guide.

Visually the game looks good from a technical standpoint and the characters will each enjoy alternate outfits assuming you don't like these more divergent designs as they appear in the game.

famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 famicommander
Member since 2008 • 8524 Posts
It's slow and clunky but it's better than MK9 and I'm willing to overlook more flaws than I normally would because I am a comic nerd. I echo concerns about the camera-- it sort of has a jarring feel and it takes me out of the game. It's not unlike Budokai Tenkaichi in than respect, and it isn't a good thing. And the art direction is indeed piss poor. The character models aren't good, the costumes are ridiculous and the animation is choppy. Characters don't stand out enough from the background and sometimes I can lose track of the action, like in Sony's crappy Smash clone. I really wish they would have gotten a real fighting studio like Arc System Works, SNK, the DoA guys at Team Ninja, or SEGA AM2 to make this game but oh well. I'm going to rent the game at launch and buy the game of the year edition used after they're done screwing early adopters with buckets and buckets of DLC.
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ristactionjakso

It's slow and clunky but it's better than MK9 and I'm willing to overlook more flaws than I normally would because I am a comic nerd. I echo concerns about the camera-- it sort of has a jarring feel and it takes me out of the game. It's not unlike Budokai Tenkaichi in than respect, and it isn't a good thing. And the art direction is indeed piss poor. The character models aren't good, the costumes are ridiculous and the animation is choppy. Characters don't stand out enough from the background and sometimes I can lose track of the action, like in Sony's crappy Smash clone. I really wish they would have gotten a real fighting studio like Arc System Works, SNK, the DoA guys at Team Ninja, or SEGA AM2 to make this game but oh well. I'm going to rent the game at launch and buy the game of the year edition used after they're done screwing early adopters with buckets and buckets of DLC.famicommander
Ya I noticed that the gameplay isn't all that smooth. I think Team Soul (Soul Calibur) would have done good for this game.

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Pffrbt

Those camera angles only occur when certain sequences are activated so they don't, in any way, interfere with the gameplay.
It looks like they occur almost constantly when any kind of combo is happening.How does the camera switching to an angle that enhances absolutely nothing whenever the player does a combo not interfere with the gameplay?

Speaking of which, this game, like MK9, is being designed with upper-tier players and higher gameplay in mind.
Then why does most of the fighting game community think it looks like a giant flop. And why does MK9 always give priority to player 1?

Visually the game looks good from a technical standpointGrammaton-Cleric

No it doesn't. There's no fancy effects or motion blur and the animations look rigid as hell.

burgeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#21 burgeg
Member since 2005 • 3599 Posts

Game is awesome. I've played quite a bit of the demo. It's even better than Mortal Kombat. It does new interesting things with the interactable backgrounds. It has depth whilst still being accessible. It's a DC fans wet dream. And like Mortal Kombat, it's a fighting game that's actually providing worthwhile single player content. And the game is just badass. Mortal Kombat was already by far my favourite fighter this gen. Injustice is even better. Day 1 for me.

To answer the TC's question, it has a proper story mode with full cutscenes and high production values. It has Star Labs mode which is like challenge tower from MK, providing little interesting challenges with missions. Some are just doing simple fights with an added gimmick such as a mission where two-face will randomly flip a coin and shoot one of the fighters at random. Some missions are just little minigames that involve doing the right buttons in sequence.

Grammaton-Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Grammaton-Cleric

It looks like they occur almost constantly when any kind of combo is happening.How does the camera switching to an angle that enhances absolutely nothing whenever the player does a combo not interfere with the gameplay?

Then why does most of the fighting game community think it looks like a giant flop. And why does MK9 always give priority to player 1?

Visually the game looks good from a technical standpoint

No it doesn't. There's no fancy effects or motion blur and the animations look rigid as hell.

Pffrbt

What I know about MK9 is that Nether Realm studio specifically worked to make the game tourney-ready and continued to support it post-launch with patches and feedback from players. I hadn't read that the hardcore fighting community had publically and unilaterally denounced it as unworthy so you will excuse me if I don't take your word for it.

I do know MK9 was featured at EVO 2012 and getting included on that list isn't particularly easy so perhaps the game isn't as reviled as you claim.

I also know that the inclusion of frame data, recovery times, etc. indicates they are giving the hardcore community what they need to deconstruct and play the game at the higher levels.

Regarding the camera, I don't care what it looks like to you because I've played the demo extensively and those angles only occur at brief, non-interactive moments. This isn't even a debatable point; you are simply incorrect.

As for visuals, the animation is smooth but very fast and the background and foreground contain interactive elements that can be seamlessly integrated into the combat. You may not like the game aesthetically but from a technical standpoint it is sound and runs at a blistering 60fps.

Grammaton-Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Grammaton-Cleric

[QUOTE="famicommander"]It's slow and clunky but it's better than MK9 and I'm willing to overlook more flaws than I normally would because I am a comic nerd. I echo concerns about the camera-- it sort of has a jarring feel and it takes me out of the game. It's not unlike Budokai Tenkaichi in than respect, and it isn't a good thing. And the art direction is indeed piss poor. The character models aren't good, the costumes are ridiculous and the animation is choppy. Characters don't stand out enough from the background and sometimes I can lose track of the action, like in Sony's crappy Smash clone. I really wish they would have gotten a real fighting studio like Arc System Works, SNK, the DoA guys at Team Ninja, or SEGA AM2 to make this game but oh well. I'm going to rent the game at launch and buy the game of the year edition used after they're done screwing early adopters with buckets and buckets of DLC.ristactionjakso

Ya I noticed that the gameplay isn't all that smooth. I think Team Soul (Soul Calibur) would have done good for this game.

Really?

Because the last three SC games have been pretty messy, respectively.

Say what you will about Nether Realm but at least they have an identity which can be seen in the DNA of their games. By contrast, the last three SC games all seemed to be suffering from an identity crisis.   

Grammaton-Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Grammaton-Cleric

It's slow and clunky but it's better than MK9 and I'm willing to overlook more flaws than I normally would because I am a comic nerd. I echo concerns about the camera-- it sort of has a jarring feel and it takes me out of the game. It's not unlike Budokai Tenkaichi in than respect, and it isn't a good thing. And the art direction is indeed piss poor. The character models aren't good, the costumes are ridiculous and the animation is choppy. Characters don't stand out enough from the background and sometimes I can lose track of the action, like in Sony's crappy Smash clone. I really wish they would have gotten a real fighting studio like Arc System Works, SNK, the DoA guys at Team Ninja, or SEGA AM2 to make this game but oh well. I'm going to rent the game at launch and buy the game of the year edition used after they're done screwing early adopters with buckets and buckets of DLC.famicommander

The game isn't slow and while it doesn't flow in the same manner as something like Tekken or VF it isn't all that clunky either once you get a feel for the rhythm of the gameplay and combo system.

The costumes are reflective of the source material with plenty of alternate options forthcoming so I'm not too concerned regarding this point. As to the animation being choppy, I'd state the animation is actually quite good but is executed so rapidly that it seems brief. Still, the keen eye can tell it is far from poor.

Also, I've had zero problems discerning the characters from the backgrounds and your comparison to Playstation Allstars is nonsensical given that at no time during the gameplay of Injustice does the camera pull back far enough to make the player loose sight of their character.

Nether Realm has their own flavor and clearly, that flavor isn't suited to your palate but regardless I think suggesting they aren't a viable fighting game studio is a bit disingenuous. While I would certainly give Namco and Sega the clear edge here, SNK is hit-or-miss and Arc System Works, while capable of making gorgeous games, are lousy when it comes to animating those brilliant sprites and on a personal note, I find many of their character designs grossly and unappealingly bombastic.

ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ristactionjakso

[QUOTE="ristactionjakso"]

[QUOTE="famicommander"]It's slow and clunky but it's better than MK9 and I'm willing to overlook more flaws than I normally would because I am a comic nerd. I echo concerns about the camera-- it sort of has a jarring feel and it takes me out of the game. It's not unlike Budokai Tenkaichi in than respect, and it isn't a good thing. And the art direction is indeed piss poor. The character models aren't good, the costumes are ridiculous and the animation is choppy. Characters don't stand out enough from the background and sometimes I can lose track of the action, like in Sony's crappy Smash clone. I really wish they would have gotten a real fighting studio like Arc System Works, SNK, the DoA guys at Team Ninja, or SEGA AM2 to make this game but oh well. I'm going to rent the game at launch and buy the game of the year edition used after they're done screwing early adopters with buckets and buckets of DLC.Grammaton-Cleric

Really?

Because the last three SC games have been pretty messy, respectively.

Say what you will about Nether Realm but at least they have an identity which can be seen in the DNA of their games. By contrast, the last three SC games all seemed to be suffering from an identity crisis.   

Soul Calibur 4 played fine for me, but it wasn't a SC game at heart. SC3 and SC2 are my favorites. SC5 is an abomination to the highest degree. I will never buy SC4 or SC5. I have SC3 for ps2 and like that they offer a large amount of single player modes.

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Pffrbt

What I know about MK9 is that Nether Realm studio specifically worked to make the game tourney-ready
So why did they make player 1 always have priority?

I hadn't read that the hardcore fighting community had publically and unilaterally denounced it as unworthy so you will excuse me if I don't take your word for it.
That's okay if you don't take my word for it since I never said any of that.

I do know MK9 was featured at EVO 2012 and getting included on that list isn't particularly easy
I heard that MK9 was pretty much relegated to taking place in a bathroom at EVO. And considering that f*cking Smash Brothers got to be at EVO over actual fighting games I wouldn't use that as a good measure of quality.

so perhaps the game isn't as reviled as you claim.
I never claimed it was reviled so shut up and stop lying.

Regarding the camera, I don't care what it looks like to you because I've played the demo extensively and those angles only occur at brief, non-interactive moments. This isn't even a debatable point; you are simply incorrect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTjYKYrhEoU

They happen constantly in this video during parts that involve player interaction.Other people have said they happen during parts that involve player interaction. You are wrong.

And ifthese parts didn't involve player interaction, that makes them even worse because it clearly shows character being hit by sh*t they should be able to block or dodge had the game not locked them into a sequencebecause it wanted to show off its ugly animations and camera angles.

As for visuals, the animation is smooth but very fast
They look absolutely terrible.

and the background and foreground contain interactive elements that can be seamlessly integrated into the combat.
Switching to awkawrd camera angles and locking players into a sequence that should involve player interaction isn't what I would consider "Seamless".

You may not like the game aesthetically but from a technical standpoint it is sound and runs at a blistering 60fps.Grammaton-Cleric

That's nice but the game looks like ass.

Grammaton-Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Grammaton-Cleric

So why did they make player 1 always have priority?

That's okay if you don't take my word for it since I never said any of that.

I heard that MK9 was pretty much relegated to taking place in a bathroom at EVO. And considering that f*cking Smash Brothers got to be at EVO over actual fighting games I wouldn't use that as a good measure of quality.

I never claimed it was reviled so shut up and stop lying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTjYKYrhEoU

They happen constantly in this video during parts that involve player interaction.Other people have said they happen during parts that involve player interaction. You are wrong.

And ifthese parts didn't involve player interaction, that makes them even worse because it clearly shows character being hit by sh*t they should be able to block or dodge had the game not locked them into a sequencebecause it wanted to show off its ugly animations and camera angles.

They look absolutely terrible.

Switching to awkawrd camera angles and locking players into a sequence that should involve player interaction isn't what I would consider "Seamless".

That's nice but the game looks like ass.

Pffrbt

I'm not even certain what you mean by player one having priority. MK9 has a lengthy single player campaign but that does nothing to negate the multiplayer component of the experience. Regardless of you blather and claims to have your finger on the pulse of this genre, MK9 was developed specifically to cater to the hardcore, tournament player.

As to MK9's prominence among the lineup at EVO, while I'm certain you felt that bathroom comment was clever the truth is that EVO affords very few slots meaning that any game that is included, at the very least, had enough clout within the hardcore community to be given the coveted space. (Smash Bros. was an anomaly and from what I gather they didn't repeat that mistake)

Even more telling is that MK9 has once again been included in this year's lineup, which shatters your earlier claim that the hardcore community has dismissed it.

At the very least, I trust the people running EVO to understand the genre better than you.

That video you posted is entirely meaningless because it was meant as a presentation and is clearly not raw gameplay footage. The trailer was cut using different angles for dramatic effect but again, and see if you can wrap your head around this concept, I HAVE PLAYED THE ACTUAL DEMO.

The game plays exactly like any other fighter and the camera holds that position unless switching to a non-interactive sequence, none of which are more than a few seconds in duration and basically act as the equivalent of a super attack, such as you would encounter in Marvel vs. Capcom.

So again, the information you have received is incorrect.

The rest of your comments are subjective prattle and since you clearly haven't played the game your critique is especially meaningless. Personally, I don't care much if you like this game or not as clearly you made that decision long before Injustice even approached a release date but many of your comments are factually incorrect and should be noted as such.

Out of curiosity, is there a reason why you haven't bothered to try the demo so that your critique would at least be predicated on accurate information and a genuine response to having actually experienced the game? Because you seem very dedicated to denouncing something you clearly know very little about.