A game you wanted to like....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

newhenpal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 newhenpal
Member since 2005 • 2159 Posts
but couldn't, maybe you were thinking 'man this game would be the **** if it didn't have so many bugs' For me it would have to be stuntman, I LOVED the idea and the gameplay was great to but it was HARD not SO hard but pretty hard, plus it could've used some sprusing up. Anybody have this happen to them?
ryanstoy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 ryanstoy91
Member since 2003 • 350 Posts
I wish I could like Dead Rising, but it just seems so repetitive, and the bossess seem to always get unfair advantages. And let's not talk about the aiming system in the game. I tried so much to get into this game, but sadly it was a disappointment in my eyes.
ananda81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 ananda81
Member since 2005 • 3332 Posts

I got two:

- Prince of Persia: Warrior Within (I absolutely loved and adored Sands of Time...what have they done.)

- FF12 (the execution of the Story was boring, the characters were lifeless... )

321HeadWound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 321HeadWound
Member since 2003 • 1130 Posts

Driv3r

Lair

Enemy Territory: Quake Wars

All of these ended up as ugly, bug filled messes. Yet they each had the potential to be mind blowing.

Avatar image for deactivated-5855efbca02a1
deactivated-5855efbca02a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#5 deactivated-5855efbca02a1
Member since 2005 • 9341 Posts
Kingdom Hearts. I gave it more than a fair share of chances, but I just couldn't get into it.
rwrden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 rwrden
Member since 2003 • 342 Posts
Devil May Cry - all of them - i just never found a way to enjoy playing them
Freshenizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Freshenizer
Member since 2004 • 381 Posts
I've had a few, just can't think of them at the moment.
SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 81

#8 SemiMaster
Member since 2006 • 19011 Posts

Halo 3.

I disliked the first one a lot. Halo 2 was pretty good, a step in the right direction, very much worth playing more than once and in multiplayer. I then read about 4 player coop, all this cool stuff and from the screenshots found that this game was going to have epic graphics and all these cool new features.

Wrong... so wrong. Instead we get Halo 2.5. Same gameplay, more or less the same graphics with bigger environments.

I prepaid this months in advance hoping it would be the game that made me see the light so to say. I'm sorry, but I can't see it. Right now this is a strictly for gamerscore game to me.

And you want one good concrete reason (which caused one of my friends to completely stop playing the game already)?

The first level where you go rescue Johnson and the other Marines. You can get a sniper rifle, but the instant you shoot and anger the whole level of Covenant forces, they instantly target you and you can't get a shoot off without the zoom retracting from a shot. It's like you have a pungent smell, a reflective and luminescent armor, and they have radar and infrared cameras knowing exactly where you are from a distance under the cover of bushes and shadows... Seriously... so annoying and unfun.

Robnyc22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Robnyc22
Member since 2007 • 1029 Posts

I really wanted to like Prince of Persia: Warrior Within....the story was pretty interesting, the gameplay was there....but the baditude was a big of a letdown...and the music was horrible, god was the music awful.

DX2: Invisible War was another game I wanted to like, I gave this game a chance, played it through, but it was such a mess....and I couldn't help thinking how much better the first Deus Ex for PC was as I was playing the sequel.

Jak & Daxter series....played and beat the first one and somewhat enjoyed, but I just found the second one to be boring and in a way a GTA ripoff.

GUN....great story, horrible gameplay. The story is the only thing that kept me playing.

Lastly....Devil May Cry....I just couldn't get into it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 1005
Member since 2003 • 3738 Posts
GUN, Devil May Cry, Halo, MGS, Splinter Cell....there is more, but i can't be bothered typing them up. All i can say is i tried to like these games, i played them through...but at the end of them i just thought "eBay".
Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#11 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts
MGS 2. I so wanted to love this game. But it did not deliver for me.
Frost_Mage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Frost_Mage
Member since 2007 • 524 Posts
Final Fantasy X-2
Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts
The DMC games.
Kuriei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Kuriei
Member since 2005 • 273 Posts
FFXI. Finally an MMORPG with an involved story and NPC character development. I gave it a lot of tries, but all the community problems, the standing around for hours waiting for groups, and the terrible, terrible grind just killed it for me everytime.
skyyfox1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#15 skyyfox1
Member since 2003 • 13015 Posts
i wanted to like mercenaries.. but could never like it because it just wasn't the game it was hyped up to be...
Ash2X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#16 Ash2X
Member since 2005 • 3035 Posts

Zelda...all say it´s about gameplay,but I always felt like I´ve seen everything before and it bored me after a few hours.It just has nothing to keep me playing.

Tomb Raider...exept the lat one maybe one of the most boring games series ever.Searching around a dungeon for hours without action and just looking for a small statue somewhere in some corner ist just my thing.I even bought the first one,but I couldn´t find any fun.

Half Life : Still searching for a Storyline,while reasonless running around for hours...everyone says it´s the way the Story is told,well after 6h in HL2 I didn´t find anything but a handfull of enemys,people saying "Hey Mr Freeman I´ve heard of you,go there and there" and a bunch of big enviroments,but no Storyline.I felt have of the game like I´ve been lost or skipped something.To that point the game just can´t be serious...

Avatar image for 219603859960713315108910109282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 219603859960713315108910109282
Member since 2007 • 155 Posts
WWE Wrestlemania 21 andPoP:Warrior Within
skyyfox1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#18 skyyfox1
Member since 2003 • 13015 Posts

Zelda...all say it´s about gameplay,but I always felt like I´ve seen everything before and it bored me after a few hours.It just has nothing to keep me playing.

Ash2X

i acouldn't agree more.

Tomb Raider...exept the lat one maybe one of the most boring games series ever.Searching around a dungeon for hours without action and just looking for a small statue somewhere in some corner ist just my thing.I even bought the first one,but I couldn´t find any fun.

Half Life : Still searching for a Storyline,while reasonless running around for hours...everyone says it´s the way the Story is told,well after 6h in HL2 I didn´t find anything but a handfull of enemys,people saying "Hey Mr Freeman I´ve heard of you,go there and there" and a bunch of big enviroments,but no Storyline.I felt have of the game like I´ve been lost or skipped something.To that point the game just can´t be serious...

Ash2X

as far as these 2 games i disagree. tomb raider is one of the greatest games ever. i don't know what dungeons you are talking about but tomb raider 2 (the one i played) was mostly outdoors. there is alot of puzzle solving in this game. you have to know what you are doing.

and as for half life, the story is kinda weird. you are a scientist and something goes wrong. and then there are all the weird creatures that come up. and you have to fight them as best you can. hl2 is more of the same. you have to fight the cp as best you can. hl2 ranks up there among the best i have ever played. you should try and play it more, it is very addicting.

Ash2X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#19 Ash2X
Member since 2005 • 3035 Posts
[QUOTE="Ash2X"]

skyyfox1

i acouldn't agree more.

Ash2X

as far as these 2 games i disagree. tomb raider is one of the greatest games ever. i don't know what dungeons you are talking about but tomb raider 2 (the one i played) was mostly outdoors. there is alot of puzzle solving in this game. you have to know what you are doing.

and as for half life, the story is kinda weird. you are a scientist and something goes wrong. and then there are all the weird creatures that come up. and you have to fight them as best you can. hl2 is more of the same. you have to fight the cp as best you can. hl2 ranks up there among the best i have ever played. you should try and play it more, it is very addicting.

Tob Raider seem just boring to me...the 2nd wasn´t all bad,but somehow all that climbing stuff with the strange controls(the strange controls was the worst about it,played all on console which had afaik worse camera)...nah,I just didn´t have much fun with it,even if I liked Flashback for example.Maybe just a thing of personal taste.

In case of Half-Life I will maybe get the Orange Box for 360.Even if I couldn´t get much out of HL1 on PC and HL2 on XBox and even if I maybe still dislike it theres egnough other stuff to play (I want TF2).Maybe Ep 1+2 is better.Or I can maybe play without framerate problems which affected the atmosphere a bit.I got Archivement Points to motivate me anyway :D.I played Pac-Man for hours in Ridge Racer 6 to get 15.000Points,so it seems to work :P

Which offers th Question:Whould Zelda be better with archivement Points? *rofl*

EmptySki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#20 EmptySki
Member since 2004 • 3743 Posts
MGS Portable Ops. I love the mgs series, but i could never get into the psp game.
ricky12333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ricky12333
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

I agree.....gun had a great story but the gameplay was just horable.The controls are so freekin hard to learn!

Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
MegaSonicZX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 MegaSonicZX
Member since 2007 • 811 Posts
Sonic Next Gen. The graphics are good, but the crappy controls and too many loading screens low it badly. Fighting Silver is also a pain in the ass.
Avatar image for deactivated-57d773aa56272
deactivated-57d773aa56272

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 deactivated-57d773aa56272
Member since 2006 • 2292 Posts
Dead Rising - Fun for one minute Ninety Nine Nights - Fun for one minute WWE Smackdown vs. Raw's online - Should be the best thing ever on paper but falls short Blue Dragon - The achievements suck bad and really could have elevated it but otherwise it's fair Time Stalkers - Landstalker's DC sequel is forgettable but I'm sure somebody somewhere in 2007 played a random dungeon Panzer Dragoon Orta - Rail shooter is boring Shenmue II - Great game but I felt it moves really really fast in the story Zelda Wind Waker - The graphics and sailing are probably the only interesting things about it Wipeout Pure, SOCOM, MGS Acid - It just feels so weird to play stuff like this on a handheld system Zelda Minish Cap - So easy it hurts Seaman - The dude takes too long to grow and any appeal for this fishtank game will quickly wear off Jet Set Radio Future - Why did they simplify the graffiti? KOTOR - It is neat up until you've had the lightsaber for a little while and then the action quickly gets dull long before the arc moves anywhere Ninja Gaiden Xbox - The game is simply too difficult, I'm still on the 5th board and not going anywhere anytime soon. Blasto - Phil Hartman rules but the platforming mechanics get broken Chromehounds - Customizing the mechs sucks and the the action is kind of dull to me Alien Front Online - One of those ahead of it's time games but this tank shooter action gets boring quick Boogerman and Clayfighter - So stupid you want to like it but just can't House of the Dead - Blasting zombies get dumb quick Resident Evil - I couldn't bring myself into liking these games they are just kind of too creepy as intended Metroid Prime - Atmospheric with good environments besides being hardly lit but lame pauses in the action for Samus' ball form, scanning, and easy lock on targeting ruin the momentum Metal Gear Solid 2 - Dude Raiden's portion blows and ruined the series for me Tony Hawk past the first one - How many times can I play these skateboarding games Soul Calibur II - Dude the first one was so awesome how could a sequel compare Mario 2 - It is Dorky Dorky Panic Quake - It kind of sucked compared to Doom, it was really brown and the 3D actually swept away details but made sense with III Arena Top Gun on NES - It was one of those games that looked kind of cool but looks were deceiving Mario games past Mario Kart 64 - Diddy Kong Racing showed it up with more crafts, awesome tunes, and ofcourse loop de loops Banjo Kazooie - Awesome music and colorful char design but there is something lame about it Doom 64 - It's Doom it should be awesome right Half-Life - Did little to draw me into it as far as the story but I assure you I appreciate it Nights into Dreams - It seems kind of cool but you fly around through the rings? i don't understand Full Auto 2 - Dude! This was a PS3 demo? The cars feel hollow. Blue Stinger - Awesome action game huh? Something was lost in translation. Final Fantasy VII, IX and Tactics - Couldn't get into it like I did VIII NFL 2K1 - Online football game, you have to like football a lot first - for some reason I liked Quarterback Club 98 on N64 maybe it was how the players had steam on their breaths during snow what a triumph Bomberman 64 - I can't believe how far I played into this game Racing games such as Gran Turismo - Yeah pass the other guy in an automobile I liked Metropolis Street Racer and more arcadey ones like stupid Hang On Basically it never ends like the games in my to play list, as somebody who plays a lot of videogames you have to give a lot of benefits of the doubt.
Tingle-Tuner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Tingle-Tuner
Member since 2006 • 980 Posts

Legend of Zelda: the Wind Waker - I thought it was very mediocre

Dead Rising - Game was too confusing and more difficult than it needed to be.

Silent Hill 3 - second one was great, third one was "meh."

Foolio1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#26 Foolio1
Member since 2003 • 7467 Posts
Kingdom Hearts. I loved the idea behind it and the way they incorporated the Disney themes. Everyone kept raving about it, but I found the gameplay to be far too shallow. I just couldn't get into it.
2good2betrue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#27 2good2betrue
Member since 2006 • 7791 Posts

Dead rising and final fantasy 10

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#28 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

I concur on Deus Ex: Invisible war. I loved the first game and had great expectations about the sequel, but this one was some kind of scripted railshooter in comparison. Futhermore, they removed the perfect grid inventory system and replaced it with a dumb slots one. And the game crashes a ton.

Also Kingdom Hearts is a good game but it is kinda unappealing to me, I don't dislike kiddie games, but this one is way too kiddie. Too bad because the idea was awesome.