5/30 Xbox Weekly Update, E3 Rumors, Xbox Updates

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Areez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Areez
Member since 2002 • 6278 Posts

Wow guys, it has been a long time since I have posted an updated like this. Seems like the forums have really quieted down here. More recently, I have been spending some time on Twitter discussing games and have had the opportunity to connect with some industry "Insiders". Needless to say, that I have heard some very interesting rumors concerning MS big E3 announcements.

If you are not up to speed regarding some of the rumors swirling MS E3 event, I will do my best to get you up to speed about what MS may reveal this year.

The Shenmue rumor: Yes this is indeed a rumor circulating around, that MS has landed the exclusive rights to Shenmue 3. This rumor is being fueled by comments made by Phil Spencer himself (click on link below for comments), and by the fact MS has landed a big 3rd party exclusive that will surprise many gamer's at E3.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-s-phil-spencer-biggest-request-i-get-is-to-bring-back-shenmue/1100-6418687/

The 3rd Party Exclusive Rumor: Everyone remember Prince of Persia? The other rumor circulating is that MS has landed the exclusive rights, for a reboot of the Prince of Persia franchise.This rumor was further fueled by Thuways ( GAF Insider ) on twitter when he said, "Hey Guys Did Everyone Forget About Prince of Persia, Wonder whats going on with that". Other rumors regarding third party exclusives revolve around a deal between Capcom and MS. However, that is all that has been said with regards to that rumor.

More Halo Rumors: If a Halo 2 Anniversary rumor was not enough. We now have rumors circulating that we could see an HD remake of Halos 1-4! Or a Halo 2 AE with multiplayer-maps from Halos 1-4. Either way, we are getting a Halo game this fall.

What should we expect? We will definitely see some very huge announcements that are going to cause a bit of a stir. Expect three big announcements from MS, and one of them being a big third party exclusive. More Halo 5 and Halo 2 Anniversary edition news. Forza Horizons 2 announcement with use of cloud. A cloud demonstration an direct X12 update. Rare rebooting one or two of their franchises. First Gears of War trailer from Black Tusk.More Fable Legends Bethesda announcing FallOut4 on MS stage. Insomniac showing off more of Sunset Overdrive and some new IPs for Xbox One. No QB!

And this bring us to another much anticipated title that will not be at E3. Quantum Break will not be at E3 but rather be featured at Gamescom this August in Germany. With such a marquee title not at E3, many are speculating that MS has some very big announcements at this years E3. The hype is building out there for MS this year as they look to rebound from last years "DRM" debacle.

Xbox One June Update: MS will be launching another Xbox One update in June, that will introduce external storage for the Xbox One console. This will allow gamer's to store game content on an external drive connected to the Xbox One via USB. You can have two external hard drives connected allowing for up to 30TB of additional storage.

http://techcrunch.com/2014/05/21/xbox-one-june-update-patch-note