Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Fantasy_Gamer
Member since 2004 • 14159 Posts

Fabula Nova Crystallis, defined in Latin as "the new tale of the crystal," is made up of several different titles based on variations of the Final Fantasy XIII universe. While each title in the project features different characters, different worlds and different stories, all are ultimately based on and expand upon a common mythos.

In Final Fantasy XIII, players will embark on a journey through the cityworld of Cocoon and the outerworld of Pulse, encountering and fighting alongside a diverse group of allies. Execute powerful attacks with weapons and magic, and summon the enigmatic Eidolons with an evolved Active Time Battle system. Experience seamless transitions between real-time gameplay and in-game cinematics. Do you have the courage to face your destiny?

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII is a new Final Fantasy adventure, the concluding chapter to the story of the iconic and popular character Lightning, that gives the player direct control over iconic heroine in a constantly moving, expansive environment, on a quest to save a doomed world from complete destruction. How will you spend your final days?

"We are pleased to reveal that Lightning is returning as the playable character in this title, and are excited to see how fans react to the more direct battle system and expansive environment that can be explored at will" said Producer Yoshinori Kitase.

Motomu Toriyama, Director added; "Increased levels of player freedom, customisation and connectivity with the real world, will ensure that this concluding chapter will be an exhilarating finale to Lightning's story."

·Lightning will be the playable character - with a highly evolved range of techniques for battles and exploring the environment. Customise Lightning with a large range of different outfits and weapons; that affect not only the way she looks, but also her actions and abilities.

·A new battle system gives a level of direct control over the action unlike any FINAL FANTASY game, while having iconic elements that are known and loved throughout the series too.

·Stunning artistic direction depicts a doomed world filled with choice and diversity. Living, expansive environments featuring a rising and setting sun provide unique experiences for every player.

·A world on a course for total annihilation presents unique challenges; where certain areas, missions, and people will only be available during selected periods. How will you use your remaining time?

·Stay connected to Final Fantasy and its characters, with unique features that link the in-game world to the real world.

[Source: worthplaying.com]

vegamineral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#2 vegamineral
Member since 2011 • 2204 Posts
I posted updates about this many times to warn yall to only find out its true. It really helps your status when predictions come true. I want to see this new outfit arangment thing sounds awesome.
Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Fantasy_Gamer
Haha. You're now our resident visionary. lol Well, I think this will be an action RPG like Versus XIII.
vegamineral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 vegamineral
I think so too, must've been what the entirely new style to FF thing means.
Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Fantasy_Gamer

You wil lhave no party-mates. Lightning is all you will control all-throughout the game. They better make things interesting like a lot of costumes and skills for her.

vegamineral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 vegamineral
I wonder what Eidolons you get. Better be more than just Odin.
Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Fantasy_Gamer
That's if we ever be able to use Eidolons. I hated it when Eidolons are not summon-able in XIII-2.
vegamineral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 vegamineral
Yeah but I felt better when I found out you could control monsters.
Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Fantasy_Gamer
Summons > monsters
vegamineral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 vegamineral
Yeah they left a little out but Im alright. At least we could catch our very own colorful chocos.
Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Fantasy_Gamer
At least we can command Omega Weapon at our disposal. :D
vegamineral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 vegamineral
Omega (best monster in series). All I gotta say about dat.:P
Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Fantasy_Gamer
Well, I have him as free DLC, but haven't beaten him 'coz I stopped playing XIII-2. :P
vegamineral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 vegamineral
I never beat it.:P:D
Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Fantasy_Gamer
I'll try to continue my file one of these days.
Avatar image for Lightning__Evil
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#16 Lightning__Evil
Member since 2010 • 4483 Posts
I enjoyed XIII-2. They stated for this new game that Lightning with have several weapons and accesories able to be equipped. They also said she will have 20-30 costumes minimum and I saw in some comment something about one of them featuring shoes with fish swimming in them. I saw something else that showed Lightning grasping a ledge which could mean some climbing or platforming areas.
Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Fantasy_Gamer
This might end like she is Nathan Drake of Uncharted series. :P
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Lightning__Evil
I don't get that reference :P They announced more info on the game today. Other characters will return from the other XIIIs, Hope will be in constant contact with Lightning via comms(supporting my Lightning/Hope ;)), and Lightning will get a happy ending :D
CMakaCreative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 CMakaCreative
Member since 2004 • 2107 Posts
Hmmm...is it gonna be a cross between Crisis Core type battles and Metal Gear with comm conversations, and if you get killed, you'll hear Hope's voice....."Lightning?....Lightning!!.....LIGHTNING!!!!!!!!!!!!" I still haven't beat XIII-2 yet but I'm sure I'm on the verge of the end. I'll buy this game just because SE used some voodoo on me to buy anything that has Final Fantasy on the title. I hope it wraps everything up nicely.
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Lightning__Evil
It supposeddly is going to. I find it odd that in this game no one ages and dies becuase of the effects that chaos had when Valhalla and Pulse combined into this new monorail connected continent. Even though its several hundred years after XIII-2 and that went through several hundred years :P This series has spanned over a hundred years and Lightning has stayed 21 through all of it ;)
Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Fantasy_Gamer
Square Enix has also changed the combat system significantly, making fights far more active. The ATB gauge from the other Final Fantasy XIII games makes a reapparance, but the way it's used is rather different here - instead of inputting commands via a menu, abilities are assigned to buttons on the controller, and players will be able to move freely around the battlefield rather than being rooted to the spot. Some areas of battle will reportedly be timing-based as well, though whether this is just a synonym for "quick-time events" or will allow for something deeper is unclear at the moment. To allow players to better concentrate on the more active system, Lightning will fight by herself.
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Lightning__Evil
Its also because Lightning is a boss. I can't wait for this game. Given that it is only 30% complete and taking into account Square's previous release I wouldn't be surprised if it released Dec 2013 in Japan and early 2014 in the US.
Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Fantasy_Gamer
I don't think it will be delayed that much. SE loves Lightning. They hate Noctis and the fans. :P
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Lightning__Evil
I'm a fan of Lightning so I wouldn't say they hate all fans. Either way they really need to get around to releasing Versus and giving Noctis his due.
Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Fantasy_Gamer
Yeah. Noctis is way cooler than Lightning. He'll sell a lot of copies of Versus XIII.
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Lightning__Evil
No doubt he'll sell a lot of copies but Lightning would wipe the floor with Noctis ;)
Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Fantasy_Gamer
I hope Lightning will get a giant sword like Buster Sword as homage for FFVII.
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Lightning__Evil
Its possible, I'm pretty sure they said she'd have different weapons. Tell SE you want that in the game ;)
vegamineral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 vegamineral
I'm a fan of Lightning so I wouldn't say they hate all fans. Either way they really need to get around to releasing Versus and giving Noctis his due.Lightning__Evil
Lightning, I'd expect you'd be most fond of this topic.:P
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Lightning__Evil
Oh I am, I can't wait :D But at the moment I'm more concerned with the new RE releases and the new formula for this game worries me a little but I'm still excited for it.
Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Fantasy_Gamer
Oh I am, I can't wait :D But at the moment I'm more concerned with the new RE releases and the new formula for this game worries me a little but I'm still excited for it.Lightning__Evil
Lucky Lightning. SE loves you so much.
vegamineral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 vegamineral
Oh I am, I can't wait :D But at the moment I'm more concerned with the new RE releases and the new formula for this game worries me a little but I'm still excited for it.Lightning__Evil
Acually I think its supposed to be better than 5. This time capcom is acually focusing on horror.
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Lightning__Evil
I'm happy for Lightning, I was actually Lightning in a dream Thursday night :P RE6 looks awesome but first we have to see how Damnation does on the 25th. Also, Retribution was awesome. Possibly the most outlandish plot wise but the best action and it may be my favorite of the movies now :P
vegamineral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 vegamineral
Wow, you saw retribution! Is it better than 2? If its better than RE2 then I need to see it.
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Lightning__Evil
Like I said its very outlandish. It has several aspects from the others. RE1- escape underground facility, wtf is going on, laser hallway, red queen. all check RE2- escape before it all goes boom, save the girl, giant creature that won't leave us alone. all check RE3- Can't really think of any similarities to 3 other than Carlos is kinda back. RE4- high octane action, multiple axemen, slow motion (fortunately a lot less), ending that sets it up for a sequel. all check. After seeing it twice and currently reading the novelazation I'd say go for it. Also, just fyi the book is full of errors and changes from the movie so if you are choosing between those two movie hand down.
Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Fantasy_Gamer
I wish they'll give Lightning a more feminine outfit this time... How about throwing a swimsuit on her? :P
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Lightning__Evil
Given that they said you can apply several different armor types it could be possible but swim suits don't seem like very effective armor. Its not DOA or one of the more scandalous games out there. I think it would be neat if Lightning had many throwback cosplays. Lightning in Tifa, Yuna, Aerith, etc. outfits. Maybe the new Lara Croft given that they are both Square and if the European release rumor is correct they'll both be out in March though I don't believe that rumor cause I doubt Returns will be ready that soon.
Avatar image for squalls_revival
squalls_revival

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 squalls_revival
Member since 2004 • 1274 Posts

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/09/01/lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii-announced

Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Lightning__Evil
I knew all that already except that it started production in early August and I know not long ago it was stated that the game is about 30% complete. That seems like pretty fast progress but even still March seems too early or rushed to me. I want to make sure they get it right rather than needing to spend an extra two years rebuilding it *cough XIV cough* ;)
Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Fantasy_Gamer
Lightning Returns is FFXIII's last hope to redeem itself to ALL the fans.
D3dr0_0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 232

#42 D3dr0_0
Member since 2008 • 3530 Posts
If you ask me they should just drop the title and move on to the next thing.
Avatar image for squalls_revival
squalls_revival

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 squalls_revival
Member since 2004 • 1274 Posts

I love final fantasy 13 but.. like fantasy gamer said maybe this is a redemption title for them.. but wouldn't a sequel like this have more impact if it came out in like 2 years? Idk it's not ff7 but maybe the longer they wait the better lol..

Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Lightning__Evil
I'm pretty sure they are trying to get it done so that the XIIIs end with this generation of consoles since the next generation will be here next Fall/Winter. I'm happy to be seeing Lightning again and I have no complaints about it just being her in my party. Also, combining the garment grid system with the paradigm system to make the new ATB combat system should be interesting, it probably won't be all that different from the previous paradigm shifting but I like changing outfits like in X-2 :P
johngrose77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 johngrose77
Member since 2008 • 2978 Posts
I think it is so corny that they wanted it to release in 2013 xD I think with LR releasing this fall we will see FFXV announced at E3 for the PS4. New FF comes with a whole new system of how things work :D Which is exciting to be sure. Though that is OT. Lightning Returns looks cool. You get to fight former allies as Lightning which is awesome. Hopefully Vanille will get fought. I disliked her so much. Her laugh...xD She was WAY too cheerful. She makes Rikku look gloomy. It would tick me off in XIII how she would be laughing in battle. I was dying at one point. I feel bad for Noel. Oh...the fighting your former allies in LR reminds me how in X-2 you had to fight the aeons that Yuna summoned in X.
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Lightning__Evil
I can't wait for LR, its going to be awesome and more time with Lightning for me :P I heard something the other day that Square is looking into distributers/partners to start planning out Versus release for sometime late 2013 or early 2014. Not gonna hold my breathe on that but the more upcoming FF the better ;)
vegamineral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 vegamineral
Idk why SE is making another XIII game, but I guess Im not complaining XD
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Lightning__Evil
Because I need more Lightning time and XIII needs something more than to be continued as an ending :P
vegamineral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 vegamineral
I still havent finished FFXIII-2 but my friend said the ending was terrible.
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Lightning__Evil

I wouldn't say its terrible, its certainly somewhat depressing and bleak, much like several of the films from the 70s or 80s, and that isn't a bash just several movies back then had bleak endings. And then of course you also get the to be continued thing with it at the end. XIII-2 wasn't bad but where it tried to improve the critisims from the first game it kinda fell short in several areas where the first game worked or tried to fix things that didn't need to be fixed. I also think it was kinda rushed or something cause it wasn't an FF in length. I beat the main story of XIII-2 in just under 20 hours and I actually platted it by either 40 or 60 hours. Either way I did everything the game had to offer in about 10 hours less the time it took just to get through XIIIs story, granted my grind maxing towards the end. 

XIII is often critisized for being overly linear, but in truth pretty much every game is linear in some fashion with the slight exception of open world or mmos but even those have a story that is meant to be followed and completed. XIII brought up and interesting lore and developed a story around 6 characters where the enemy was not a clear cut figure but fascets and idealogies within the government, humans, and themselves. Truely if XIII is viewed with some of the deeper meanings that it embodies then it is clearly not underrated. I could go on but I just realized I'm in this topic and not the other one :P

Lightning Returns, yes can't wait and hope the trilogy gets a worthy ending.Â